Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby lykoi » Fri Aug 04, 2023 5:19 pm

hey everyone :3 check out my awesome beast. his name is landon and he loves licking condensation off of cold drinks
✇ jinx ✇
she/he :3
never forget that
cats have eyelashes

(sig is a WIP!)
lykoi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kitty teeth » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:16 pm

Hello everyone! Could I get some info on long haired cats? Best grooming supplies and when to bathe them :>
neurodivergent - adult
xxxKitty's Pound
kitty teeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Paranoia » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:26 pm

Bumblebee._ wrote:Hello everyone! Could I get some info on long haired cats? Best grooming supplies and when to bathe them :>

Cats are great at keeping themselves clean, and really should only be bathed under pretty limited circumstances; putting them in shows, if they are physically dirty with mud, soot, poop, etc., or if they have fleas. Older cats also sometimes need some assistance, but that comes down to the cat themselves. If you do decide to bathe your cat it shouldn't be any more often than once a month, as it can dry out their skin. You can buy wipes to spot clean to avoid the stress of a full bath for just one area.
As for grooming products a long toothed metal comb or brush will work fine. Slicker brushes are also okay, you can find one with wider teeth, or tips that aren't as rough, as some will just be the metal tooth and can be irritating. My medium-hair tends not to get mats so I rarely brush him, whereas my boyfriends long-hair frequently does if not brushed, so she definitely needs it more often (like daily) so be prepared to meet your cats needs.
A de-matting comb/brush can also be useful. Try picking or combing out any mats before you opt to shave/cut it as their bodies are optimized to regulate their temperature best with all of their fur and it can potentially damage their undercoat (:
Also, keep in mind mats hurt! They pull at the skin, and in bad cases can cause irritation and wounds, so it's best to prevent them in the first place.
Art by icseal & noch
DA | TH | Adopts storage

Paranoia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kitty teeth » Fri Sep 08, 2023 12:36 am

Paranoia wrote:-snip-
Cats are great at keeping themselves clean, and really should only be bathed under pretty limited circumstances; putting them in shows, if they are physically dirty with mud, soot, poop, etc., or if they have fleas. Older cats also sometimes need some assistance, but that comes down to the cat themselves. If you do decide to bathe your cat it shouldn't be any more often than once a month, as it can dry out their skin. You can buy wipes to spot clean to avoid the stress of a full bath for just one area.
As for grooming products a long toothed metal comb or brush will work fine. Slicker brushes are also okay, you can find one with wider teeth, or tips that aren't as rough, as some will just be the metal tooth and can be irritating. My medium-hair tends not to get mats so I rarely brush him, whereas my boyfriends long-hair frequently does if not brushed, so she definitely needs it more often (like daily) so be prepared to meet your cats needs.
A de-matting comb/brush can also be useful. Try picking or combing out any mats before you opt to shave/cut it as their bodies are optimized to regulate their temperature best with all of their fur and it can potentially damage their undercoat (:
Also, keep in mind mats hurt! They pull at the skin, and in bad cases can cause irritation and wounds, so it's best to prevent them in the first place.

Thank you!! I will be looking into these supplies. I want a long haired kitty and would love to give them the best life possible with grooming. :)
neurodivergent - adult
xxxKitty's Pound
kitty teeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Sat Sep 09, 2023 1:04 am

Bumblebee._ wrote:
Paranoia wrote:-snip-

Thank you!! I will be looking into these supplies. I want a long haired kitty and would love to give them the best life possible with grooming. :)

You should also do some research on cat food specifically for long hair cats, as I've heard it can make a difference in how nice it looks, as well as help the cat with any possible hairballs.

But definitely prepare for hair to be everywhere, regardless of brushing, clothes, food, any surface imaginable, it just gets everywhere.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swift; » Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:57 am

Look at my clingy girl. Miss roo!
your
─────────────.
Image Image

░ ░░
───────
sig credit
hi i'm swift; ! dog mom, cat mom,
stepmom of 2, mom of 3. ─── ❤️
swift;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:54 am

My cat freaked my out the other day ago. She was throwing up a lot, so I took her to the emergency vet. I was really worried she got sick.

Turns out she tore apart one of her toys and ate the string :lol:
She's totally ok now, the vet just had to cover her some shots.

Mads | adult | he/it
∘₊✧────────────────────────────✧₊∘
Hello! My name is Mads. I'm
a wildlife scientist working in animal rescue
and rehabilitation. Currently busy with work,
so replies may be slow! Feel free to shoot
me a message or a trade, however. ^-^
Currently seeking; cobweb bunnies!
1.5k c$ art contest
ImageImage
art by my bf <3
∘₊✧────────────────────────────✧₊∘
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Smeargle » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:40 am

These are my kitty cats!!! The orange/white guy is named Mumbo Jumbo and the gray torbie is named Mingy Jongo :)
Hi I’m Benny (she/her)
I am an adult
I’m a furry and I like to draw!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Smeargle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mooney » Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:37 am

impey wrote:hello cat chat!! please look at my 15 year old kitty bitsy :3 she's a very sweet old lady!!
- snip -

i love old lady cats <3 she looks so kind.

my own cat is 11 years now and lives with my dad so i don't see her very often :c but your cat reminds me of her ahhh it made me happy!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.
just ur regular, confused
adult! she/they, norway,
pms are always open <3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
» So High School «
Taylor Swift
0:13 ─〇───── 3:35
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

mooney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby samm. » Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:27 pm

hey there cat chat! i know this place isn't as active as it once was,
    but i'm hoping someone still might decide to pop in here and give me a bit of advice!

my name's eli (e-lie), i've posted in here previously, however i do believe the last time was way back in october of last year. anyways, long story short, i have this cat named malcolm who has a severe case of stomatitis. it's bad, like, i genuinely don't know if this poor cat has ever known a world without pain. before someone dumped him in our neighborhood, life was simpler. now? i'm drowning in vet bills. i literally wouldn't have it any other way though, i love this freaking cat so much. anyways! i set him up a gofundme, because he needs dental surgery to remove all of his teeth because of the stomatitis, but it's not gained any traction. i can't share it on here, because it has my full legal name connected to it and sharing personal information on here isn't allowed, so i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions as to where i could share it? i didn't want to have to resort to practically begging strangers on the internet for money, but this surgery is going to cost around $1,500 dollars, and i don't have that sort of money just laying around. that's like, a months worth of bills i'd have to neglect, and i'm already behind on a few bills, so i physically cannot afford to do that =' )

pic of my boy for tax <3
    (with those darn trouble makers poking out, lol)

╔════════════════════════════╗
elliot / ellie, or sam | genderfluid | he/they
single | polyromantic demisexual | polyam
omnist | covenless witch | scorpio / ox
infp-t | chaotic good | poet | listo

╚════════════════════════════╝

samm.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes