Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2 (open)

Postby woospuss » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:17 pm

marking, will send a pm asap with my two kitties!
woospuss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anaphea » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:56 am

Sending a pm now with my kitties!
Anaphea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BudgieLover5000 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:23 am

Fresh thread! Woo!

So, apparently, Neo literally just needed a bigger box. I bought him a larger box and.. no more poop outside of the litter. Smh. Cats will be cats, I guess. He went to the vet and, as I thought, there was nothing wrong with him. I did get yelled at for my choice of food, though. Amino acids this, amino acids that. Because I'm totally feeding him lettuce or something.

I asked about treat ideas on the other thread, and I'm still looking. I want to eventually start teaching him tricks and I'm looking into food rewards. So far, he likes bread, hazelnut 'cheese', nutritional yeast extract and peanut butter. He seems to have a thing for mushy food? Which is fine, I guess, except for training. He ate the bread, but he didn't seem super excited about it like he did for the other foods and I don't want to be carrying a spoon around. I'm not very experienced with cats, especially in regards to what they'll eat, but I read somewhere that they can't taste sweetness? That limits things greatly. So, I ask again, but this time more specific; what is something relatively solid that a cat might enjoy eating?
BudgieLover5000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lonin » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:35 am

Yay new thread : D

Chickpea wrote:Fresh thread! Woo!

So, apparently, Neo literally just needed a bigger box. I bought him a larger box and.. no more poop outside of the litter. Smh. Cats will be cats, I guess. He went to the vet and, as I thought, there was nothing wrong with him. I did get yelled at for my choice of food, though. Amino acids this, amino acids that. Because I'm totally feeding him lettuce or something.

I asked about treat ideas on the other thread, and I'm still looking. I want to eventually start teaching him tricks and I'm looking into food rewards. So far, he likes bread, hazelnut 'cheese', nutritional yeast extract and peanut butter. He seems to have a thing for mushy food? Which is fine, I guess, except for training. He ate the bread, but he didn't seem super excited about it like he did for the other foods and I don't want to be carrying a spoon around. I'm not very experienced with cats, especially in regards to what they'll eat, but I read somewhere that they can't taste sweetness? That limits things greatly. So, I ask again, but this time more specific; what is something relatively solid that a cat might enjoy eating?

Yay for him being ok.

The cat might appreciate meat more than bread for treats? There are loads of options. Our cat loves freeze dried chicken.
You cannot eat love, nor buy a horse with it, nor warm your halls on a cold night
Lonin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BudgieLover5000 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:52 am

I'm actually looking to raise him on more humane things; it feels wrong to feed a cat something that was made from someone dead hence the bread. He currently gets Benevo Duo wet food for supper and Ami kibble for breakfast in the mornings. He likes the wet food, but he doesn't particularly enjoy the dry food, so I'm really stuck on what to use for a portable treat. Everything he likes to eat is mushy right now.
BudgieLover5000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lonin » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:54 am

Oh you're that one. Well we don't want to get into that again. Good luck with your cat.
You cannot eat love, nor buy a horse with it, nor warm your halls on a cold night
Lonin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:55 am

Lonin wrote:Oh you're that one. Well we don't want to get into that again. Good luck with your cat.

My sentiments exactly.
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BudgieLover5000 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:56 am

I'm not trying to get into it. I'm asking for treat suggestions. Are you literally incapable of giving non-meat advice?
BudgieLover5000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:03 am

Chickpea wrote:I'm not trying to get into it. I'm asking for treat suggestions. Are you literally incapable of giving non-meat advice?

For an obligate carnivore? Yes. I am.
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lonin » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:04 am

Since cats eat just meat, yup yup. Sorry. We can't think of any non-meat treats that would be suitable as more than a once every so often sort of thing.
Closest we can think of is bits cooked egg if you're ok with eggs.
Lonin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me