Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

I got a cat a few weeks ago

Postby Goose_IsDum » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:04 pm

Got a cat a few weeks ago and she’s super playful and friendly! And she sometimes popcorns and attacks people too but playfully
She likes to look out windows and chase worms on a string (fluffy ones)
She’s a Manx cat, so little bob tail, she is a gray tabby with spangles instead of stripes and a cool brown secondary :D
★ Goose ★
Goose_IsDum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby swift; » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:51 pm

Here’s roo! She’s now 10 months old! Will be 11 months February 11th! She’s been spayed and she thinks she’s spider cat and tries to climb walls. She hides hair ties all over the house and retrieves them and attacks/plays with them for HOURS if not DAYS. Roo is special, Roo is roo.

your
─────────────.
Image Image

░ ░░
───────
sig credit
hi i'm swift; ! dog mom, cat mom,
stepmom of 2, mom of 3. ─── ❤️
swift;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Broken_Lamp » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:15 pm

Holy, crap Roo looks kinda like my cat:
Sometimes things just aren't meant to be understood.
Broken_Lamp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swift; » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:32 pm

Broken_Lamp wrote:Holy, crap Roo looks kinda like my cat:

How old is yours?? Roo will be 11 months on February 11th.
your
─────────────.
Image Image

░ ░░
───────
sig credit
hi i'm swift; ! dog mom, cat mom,
stepmom of 2, mom of 3. ─── ❤️
swift;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minecraft » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:24 am

i didnt know there was a cat thread!!!!!!

next week it will be a month since i had to say goodbye to my childhood cat, holly, but i've been doing well <3 she was so old and achey, cancer is awful but i know we did what was kindest and that we switched to a new cat only vet last year made her so much happier for her last year.

on the day i got her i was looking at the rest of the litter she had been rescued with- she was in her bed and i hadnt even seen her yet, so i was saying hello to her brother but he bit me!!! and apparently that offended small me enough to pick his sister instead, and holly came home with us.

i wasnt really ready to name her, but the lady was like SOOO WHAT ARE YOU NAMING HER! and supposednly i cried immediately and spun around, calling her holly because there was a holly bush behind me 😭 (they lived in a heated external building to the rescuers house, so we were outside but the kittens were safe in their house!)

its very weird losing a critter you've basically spent your whole life with, but i'm relieved we didnt prolong her hurting, and her veeeery shy sister luna will get some only child time now she's getting old too 🥺

sorry for a sad first post, but i know yall here understand<3 idk how ive gone this long not noticing this thread existed!!

Image hi, im minecraft!!! Image

i like weird stories, silly ocs and making things!!
please give me time to think when trading!
click the flags for songs i like :3

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
minecraft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scyfir » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:45 am

Icey29 wrote:Has anyone read the studies about chicken egg proteins reducing production of the Fel d 1 allergen in cats? Alternatively, does anyone have any experience with the (expensive) Purina chow that includes it?

Has always been a dream of mine to adopt a cat from a shelter but there are some allergies in my family that make that prospect difficult. Aside from limiting exposure, this and air filtration seem promising, but haven't seen many firsthand accounts.

Laaate reply, but maybe look into British long- and shorthair; they lack the allergen by nature and are very friendly and calm cats; I would know- this is Watson, my adorkable Golden Retriever of a Brit 🥰

Scyfir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Superwitchy1981 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:17 pm

minecraft wrote:i didnt know there was a cat thread!!!!!!

next week it will be a month since i had to say goodbye to my childhood cat, holly, but i've been doing well <3 she was so old and achey, cancer is awful but i know we did what was kindest and that we switched to a new cat only vet last year made her so much happier for her last year.

on the day i got her i was looking at the rest of the litter she had been rescued with- she was in her bed and i hadnt even seen her yet, so i was saying hello to her brother but he bit me!!! and apparently that offended small me enough to pick his sister instead, and holly came home with us.

i wasnt really ready to name her, but the lady was like SOOO WHAT ARE YOU NAMING HER! and supposednly i cried immediately and spun around, calling her holly because there was a holly bush behind me 😭 (they lived in a heated external building to the rescuers house, so we were outside but the kittens were safe in their house!)

its very weird losing a critter you've basically spent your whole life with, but i'm relieved we didnt prolong her hurting, and her veeeery shy sister luna will get some only child time now she's getting old too 🥺

sorry for a sad first post, but i know yall here understand<3 idk how ive gone this long not noticing this thread existed!!

I'm fairly new on here and just found this thread! I'm at work and on my laptop and just seen this and started crying! It reminded me of my Stanley I had for 13 years. He was my old soul. I got him when my ex decided she didn't want him. So he became my best friend. He was a black maincoon. I am so sorry for your loss! It has been 8 years since my buddy passed and I miss him soooo much!
Superwitchy1981

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Libroamante » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:55 am

My two boys Jackson and Joey

Libroamante