* Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What is your favorite fruit/veggie to feed your birds?

quinoa
7%
cucumber
12%
strawberry
20%
carrot
12%
jalapeno
6%
sweet peppers
5%
corn
9%
grapes
13%
rice
8%
sprouts
8%

Total votes : 826

Re: * Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Postby Kaizoku » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:59 pm

@Sneaky - If he has pin feathers, he's probably also itchy, and that makes them grumpy. I have the sweetest parakeet, but when she's got pins, she doesn't like to sing/play as much, or hang out with me as much. If he lets you pat him, keep doing that around his areas with pins - it will relieve him to an extent of his itchiness. I can't give you any advice about the winter situation, but I hope he perks up for you soon!

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pittoo » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:50 am

Username: pittoo
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): one! a peach-faced lovebird named cleopatra :]
How long have you had them?: since september !
What brings you to the bird chat?: mainly looking for tips etc!
koshya, he/him
th listo
pittoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaizoku » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:27 am

@pittoo - Welcome to the thread! Did you need any tips in particular about Cleopatra? (:

nix ♡ he/him
gaming + anime
medical scientist
need help?
newbie guide & index
Kaizoku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ariaz » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:57 am

Username: aephon
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): none, but my family has had
How long have you had them?: -
What brings you to the bird chat?: i'm looking for advice!
┌────────────────┐
he/aem・ adult・♑︎
EN/SV/NL/日本語

└────────────────┘

⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅ ⋅
┌────────────────┐
あたたかな手を握れば
傷跡さえ消える

©

└────────────────┘

ariaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ariaz » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:59 am

hey, does anyone have any recommendations for apartment pet birds? i have grown up with budgies and cockatiels and i have had animals when i lived with my family on the countryside, but i have had to move to the city for work and i've been feeling like i would like to have a pet bird friend.

i have been looking into lovebirds, cockatiels, and budgies, but i would like to know other people's experiences in terms of loudness, cleanliness and such!
┌────────────────┐
he/aem・ adult・♑︎
EN/SV/NL/日本語

└────────────────┘

┌────────────────┐
あたたかな手を握れば
傷跡さえ消える

©

└────────────────┘

ariaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jazz_Cat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:36 pm

aephon wrote:hey, does anyone have any recommendations for apartment pet birds? i have grown up with budgies and cockatiels and i have had animals when i lived with my family on the countryside, but i have had to move to the city for work and i've been feeling like i would like to have a pet bird friend.

i have been looking into lovebirds, cockatiels, and budgies, but i would like to know other people's experiences in terms of loudness, cleanliness and such!

I own two budgies and they usually don't get too loud or too messy, but I volunteer at a rescue and we take in caiques from time to time. They usually aren't too loud (this can differ depending on the bird) But their poop isn't the cleanest... Though I would definitely look into adopting them. They are usually pretty energetic and playful and have a good personality. As a bonus, they look really cool,
Jazz_Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ariaz » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:23 pm

Jazz_Cat wrote:
aephon wrote:hey, does anyone have any recommendations for apartment pet birds? i have grown up with budgies and cockatiels and i have had animals when i lived with my family on the countryside, but i have had to move to the city for work and i've been feeling like i would like to have a pet bird friend.

I own two budgies and they usually don't get too loud or too messy, but I volunteer at a rescue and we take in caiques from time to time. They usually aren't too loud (this can differ depending on the bird) But their poop isn't the cleanest... Though I would definitely look into adopting them. They are usually pretty energetic and playful and have a good personality. As a bonus, they look really cool,

thank you! i've taken care of budgies when my mom had them, but she never fully tamed them. i'll do my research into them for sure!
┌────────────────┐
he/aem・ adult・♑︎
EN/SV/NL/日本語

└────────────────┘

┌────────────────┐
あたたかな手を握れば
傷跡さえ消える

©

└────────────────┘

ariaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jazz_Cat » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:54 pm

aephon wrote:
Jazz_Cat wrote:

thank you! i've taken care of budgies when my mom had them, but she never fully tamed them. i'll do my research into them for sure!

If you get handfed birds, they are usually tame when you get them, though my birds weren't handed and they're almost trained after a few months. Handfed birds are just generally more tame.
Jazz_Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jazz_Cat » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:47 am

This chat has been dead for a bit, so here's a picture of my bird with my fursuit
Jazz_Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:23 am

You know it also depends on how much space you got for the aviary in your new home,.... birds Need enough space to fly and move there wings and play(one should go with around 1mx2mx2m), each bird Needs atleast two-three different perches and ome nice natural toys...
how much time do you have for them, always get two or more when they need bigger group to be happy...is there a bird vet near...what do you do when sick, or traveling or such? and so on

You cant really go with who is more calm or not, some are silent and other from same breed are noisy, some eat nicely and with other the food is thrown around all over...or they destroy more things than other... :D

I did read here when im not wrong that pigeons/dove should be nice calm birds...but could be wrong

But dont get hand feed birds....this is jut wrong, bad for parents and young birds.... mot handraised birds get Problems later on in life... feather plucking, health, behavior and so on

Good luck with whatever you do^^

Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me