* Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What is your favorite fruit/veggie to feed your birds?

quinoa
7%
cucumber
12%
strawberry
20%
carrot
12%
jalapeno
6%
sweet peppers
5%
corn
9%
grapes
13%
rice
8%
sprouts
8%

Total votes : 826

Re: * Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Postby Pyjaks » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:39 am

Tabbster wrote:Hey there, I haven't been here for quite a few pages! I gave up 5 of 10 Ringneck doves, since they were mostly related to each other and there was a risk of inbreeding. I'm thinking of getting either 6 roller pigeons or 5 unrelated Ringnecks from the bird market. I marked the birds I was keeping with chalk (they all look the same lol) and it just so happened that one of them bathed and washed the chalk off... I accidentaly gave her away. :[ But what was really upsetting is that she had 2 eggs and a husband, the eggs hatched just a day after she was given. The babies are fine but the male birb is really working overtime for them.

Here's one of the babies, I think you'll agree he's quite ugly. ;D

Ugly, but cute ugly :P
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby piikachu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:43 am

does it count if you dont own a bird, but you spend a lot of time around it?
i go on hiatus a lot.

roleplays im most active in
here
piikachu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:58 am

nudge. wrote:does it count if you dont own a bird, but you spend a lot of time around it?

I'm pretty sure this thread is for anyone who enjoys birds, regardless of if you officially own one or not :)
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bergamot. » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:45 am

So I'm considering adopting a budgie, but her previous owner informed me the she had just gotten over an eye infection. I wanted to know if it was possible that the infection would come back, or if this would put my other birds at risk of infection. I really wanna give this bird a good home, but not if it will make my other feathered pals sick.
Image Image
╔══════════════════╗
xfeminist • hufflepuff • introvert
xxhi there, i'm bergamot, a
xx home-schooled girl in her
xxmid teens who likes to drink
xxxxtea and cuddle dogs. ❤

╚══════════════════╝
ImageImageImage
╔══════════════════╗
xxtradeauctiondressups
╚══════════════════╝
xxxxImage
Image Image
bergamot.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Annebird » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Pyjaks wrote:Ahhh!!! They're so cute. I can't. Tiko looks like a grade A cuddle buddy.

d'aww, thank you! you've got yourself quite a looker as well ;)
Hiss
Annebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:37 pm

bergamot. wrote:So I'm considering adopting a budgie, but her previous owner informed me the she had just gotten over an eye infection. I wanted to know if it was possible that the infection would come back, or if this would put my other birds at risk of infection. I really wanna give this bird a good home, but not if it will make my other feathered pals sick.

im sorry to say this, but i would not do this....its a big risk....
hope they atleast told you what they had, the vet tested the infection ...

even when she did a !! full !! birdvet check and they did give the all clear...an infection needs time to go away... and this sounds as if it was only some day-week ago ....

even when you really take her, she would need to stay alone for some weeks-month away from your oher birds--in an other room--- , with you changing clothing when going to take care of it...and special cleaning for you and the birdroom and item used......atleast that is what i did read about sick birds when other birds are in the same home......
but im dont really know...other bird owner here who had sick birs or got new birds in there flock may help bether as they know more....and a bird vet could give you the right info to the sickness of the bird and the risk for yourself and your birds!!!!
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bergamot. » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:44 am

Luzien wrote:
bergamot. wrote:So I'm considering adopting a budgie, but her previous owner informed me the she had just gotten over an eye infection. I wanted to know if it was possible that the infection would come back, or if this would put my other birds at risk of infection. I really wanna give this bird a good home, but not if it will make my other feathered pals sick.

im sorry to say this, but i would not do this....its a big risk....
hope they atleast told you what they had, the vet tested the infection ...

even when she did a !! full !! birdvet check and they did give the all clear...an infection needs time to go away... and this sounds as if it was only some day-week ago ....

even when you really take her, she would need to stay alone for some weeks-month away from your oher birds--in an other room--- , with you changing clothing when going to take care of it...and special cleaning for you and the birdroom and item used......atleast that is what i did read about sick birds when other birds are in the same home......
but im dont really know...other bird owner here who had sick birs or got new birds in there flock may help bether as they know more....and a bird vet could give you the right info to the sickness of the bird and the risk for yourself and your birds!!!!

Thank you, it turned out they were trying to give me parrotlet anyway, who wouldn't have gotten along with my other budgies, so i didn't think it was a good idea at all.
Image Image
╔══════════════════╗

╚══════════════════╝
ImageImageImage
╔══════════════════╗
xxtradeauctiondressups
╚══════════════════╝
xxxxImage
Image Image
bergamot.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bergamot. » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:39 pm

Exiting news! These lil guys came home with me today! They seem to be loving their brand new super-roomy flight cage after the cramped tank at the store! I haven't named them yet but I absolutely adore them!
Image Image
╔══════════════════╗

╚══════════════════╝
ImageImageImage
╔══════════════════╗
xxtradeauctiondressups
╚══════════════════╝
xxxxImage
Image Image
bergamot.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:31 pm

bergamot. wrote:
Exiting news! These lil guys came home with me today! They seem to be loving their brand new super-roomy flight cage after the cramped tank at the store! I haven't named them yet but I absolutely adore them!

Yayyyy, congrats! :D They're really nice-looking birds!
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alamire » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:34 pm

Username: Emufasa
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): None at the moment :)
How long have you had them?: N/a
What brings you to the bird chat?: Just for future reference, and i've also previously owned birds.

A bird shop has opened up several years ago, and my family is considering getting a budgie. My question is, at the shop they sell budges for roughly 30-40 AU dollars, however there is a small cage full of runt budgies that go for 10 dollars. I'd love to rescue a runt bird, but will it just have health problems later on? Is it better to get a normal bird? The runts do seem to be in good condition.

"Y O U T A U G H T"
me the courage of stars
before you left, how life carries
on endlessly, even after death

Alamire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me