* Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What is your favorite fruit/veggie to feed your birds?

quinoa
7%
cucumber
12%
strawberry
20%
carrot
12%
jalapeno
6%
sweet peppers
5%
corn
9%
grapes
13%
rice
8%
sprouts
8%

Total votes : 826

Re: * Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:50 pm

LeiaWolfe wrote:~snip, since I have no idea haha~

http://pin.it/qluR5r-

We're teaching Peanut to read!
Okay, well not exactly. But I found this tiny little dictionary that was his size, and he just looked at it like he was reading it. His expression is just so in-depth.. XD and I had to share it with you guys~<3
Aaah, that's just the cutest thing! <3 That's great XD You're raising him right, good on ya :clap: XD

On another note, I'm sure I've read that budgie hens won't let their mates inside the nest unless they feel threatened, and are going to destroy the eggs, but Summer and Keith are completely backwards o.O I've had Summer a lot longer, and had no male until Keith came along, so she was a lot too... eager for his tastes, when he arrived; he avoided her for the longest time, lol, and didn't even want to be near her, but that didn't stop them from hatching eggs the next (this) breeding-season. He doesn't seem to regurgitate food to her for the chicks like Bluie used to do for Emerald, though; instead, Summer lets him go inside the nest to feed them directly, which I'm sure they're not supposed to do! 0,0 Does anyone else have any info on this? Am I remembering what I read wrong, or are they as weird a couple as I think? XD

Also, I've put up a bloggy-thing up as I watch my bro's quails. Here 'tis, if anyone's interested! c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:55 pm

i need a new idea to heat a aviary...that is not so high prized...mostly for the inside part of it...but maybe also one that could be used for part of the outside part of it..... should be safe to the touch or protected against birds....maybe something on the wall or roof of the aviary
The one we did want to use...may not work out so well..as we did think...
Does someone get some idea?
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BudgieLover5000 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:12 am

Hello guys! Does anyone have any ideas how to get budgies to stop biting?! My two budgies like jumping on my hands. They jump onto it willingly and bite or nibble my me. I don't mind them nibbling me, but the biting really hurts! They have made me bleed several times and it's making me not want to let them on my hand.
I have been saying "No!" sternly, but only one listens but will go back to biting if the other bird bothers her.
What can I do? Any help is appreciated!

LeiaWolfe@: That picture of Peanut is so cute! I showed it to my friends. It does look like he is reading! :O Also, I do think budgies have some saliva. When they nibble my fingers it sometimes feels wet afterwards. Not a lot, but noticeable.

Ranger of the North@: Hmm... well don't quote me on this, but it doesn't sound bad. I don't know anything about budgie breeding, though. As long as the chicks are okay then I guess it's fine. I dunno.

Luzien@: Is this one good? Birds can snuggle up next to it, it attaches to the wall of the cage, and is safe for birds! However, some of the reviews say that it doesn't heat up enough, and that it's adapter is short-lived. I've never tried it though, so I wouldn't know.

Annebird@: Those birds are SOOO CUTE! I would love to volunteer at a bird shelter :O
BudgieLover5000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:08 pm

chik'n'cheese wrote:Hello guys! Does anyone have any ideas how to get budgies to stop biting?! My two budgies like jumping on my hands. They jump onto it willingly and bite or nibble my me. I don't mind them nibbling me, but the biting really hurts! They have made me bleed several times and it's making me not want to let them on my hand.
I have been saying "No!" sternly, but only one listens but will go back to biting if the other bird bothers her.
What can I do? Any help is appreciated!
Have you tried offering treats and/or praising her when she listens to you? c: That could give her incentive to stay good when the other bugs her, and it might also encourage her friend to obey — kill two birds with one stone, haha XD Other than that, I don't know! But I hope things work out; biting budgies are the worst :thumbdown:

chik'n'cheese wrote:Ranger of the North@: Hmm... well don't quote me on this, but it doesn't sound bad. I don't know anything about budgie breeding, though. As long as the chicks are okay then I guess it's fine. I dunno.
They've started fledging now, so I agree, it can't be too serious! :D It still seems odd, though 0-0
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alpraz0lam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:13 pm

Username: ευρнσяια

How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): 2 pigeons~

How long have you had them?:one is 4 years old, the other is actually two days old!

What brings you to the bird chat?: what can I say? I enjoy birds~
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Mel
20 years old
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
alpraz0lam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alpraz0lam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:15 pm

My rock pigeon recently layed a small clutch of eggs ,, sadly two broke, yet I hatched the last myself and the little guy came out yesterday ~

He's eating quite well, and already has quite a big mouth.
Any other pigeon keepers?~
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Mel
20 years old
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
alpraz0lam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:41 am

ευρнσяια wrote:
My rock pigeon recently layed a small clutch of eggs ,, sadly two broke, yet I hatched the last myself and the little guy came out yesterday ~

Oh, that's really cool! Are you having to feed him, or is mama-bird doing that? c:

Our pigeons laid two eggs either last week, or early this, I think ;p
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corviknight » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:45 am

aaah ive never seen this before im so ready to talk about my bird baby

Username: pidge holt
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): 1! her name is ohana and shes a green cheek conure.
How long have you had them?: about 2 months! shes about 6 months old though. we share a birthday!
What brings you to the bird chat?: i love birds and id love to talk to other people about them!
Corviknight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alpraz0lam » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:42 pm

Ranger of the North wrote:
ευρнσяια wrote:

Oh, that's really cool! Are you having to feed him, or is mama-bird doing that? c:

Our pigeons laid two eggs either last week, or early this, I think ;p

Ah its always nice
To have new babies.

I'm currently feeding him, but mama bird
doesn't let me take him for too long~
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Mel
20 years old
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
alpraz0lam

My pets
My items