Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

The members list is getting long. Should I change the way it's set up?

Yes, only list people's usernames
25%
Yes, only list people's usernames and the species of fish they own
60%
No, I like it the way it is
14%
Other (PM me with your idea)
2%

Total votes : 502

Re: Fish Lovers 3.0

Postby Dappled Sapphire » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:29 am

onyx` wrote:
jellybaloo wrote:Username: Jellybaloo
How many fish tanks do you have: 2
Types of fish that you have: goldfish and betta
Your fishs' names: Matilda, Bagheera and Baloo unnamed Betta
How long have you had fish: 10+ years

omg, your betta is gorgeous!!! you haven't named him? how about arokh? i have no idea why but in my opinion, i think it suits him.
      (arokh is just a dragon character in one of my favorite video games. if you aren't sure how it is pronounced, it is just like saying the word air... then rock. like air-rock. cx) i always thought that name only would work for a really dark red betta but, i don't know. i really like that name for him. c:
      he is just so beautiful! and his tail is so huge! i am kind of jealous of him. cx

Thank you!
Thats a very nice name too :D
I hadn't named him because everytime I name a betta they live 1 year or less
Sofar this guy I have had for 1.5 years so he's the oldest betta I have had and I just never bothered to name him :?
He's a HM dumbo hence the impressive finage haha
Dappled Sapphire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby косатка » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:38 am

jellybaloo wrote:Thank you!

you're going to name him that? :D
      i name most of my animals after video game characters... but my bettas are just random names i came up with. cx

i've always wanted a halfmoon... but my betta, zed, is a halfmoon double tail! cx
      i used to have a red veil tail named flame. (flame... how creative... lol. cx) i love the classic red veil tails.
      he lived for only a year though. :'c

oh, and does anyone know how to stop a betta from tail biting? i thought it was fin rot at first but when i added aquarium salt, there was no improvement. it just got worse. then i noticed he went into one of his hiding spots... then came out and his tail got even worse! i took the hiding spots out but think he is still biting. :c
косатка

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roadhog » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:46 am

bramble- claw wrote:
Username: bramble- claw
How many fish tanks do you have:2
Types of fish that you have:9 types, and corals.and if you count the ones that we used to have ( that passed away ; - ; ) about 12-13.
Your fishs' names:they don't really have names but - our jawfish is nicknamed paranoid- since he always is looking paranoid, or mad at us lol.
How long have you had fish:2 -3 years.
its hard to take photos of my fish- since my flash activates every time x.x

I am a pretty decent person with saltwater- so I can answer a few small questions on salt water and such- ( I am not good with like tank engineering, lighting, or treatment that well though x.x )

ummm, was I accepted? Nobody is replying....and I think I may sound a bit annoying - but I just need to know if I was or not- XD
Last edited by Roadhog on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
not accepting pms right now unless I add you to my friends list.
finally quitting. I've told myself I'll quit soon, and I never did, but I finally feel like I should quit. Still keeping my characters/deviantart though. I've wanted to quit for a long long time, but I'm doing it.
Nobody on here talks with me , is friends, and I try to chat on the FR thread but nobody responds much.
Quitting CS and flightrising.

All my fr dragons/stuff went to one of my real life best friends, so don't ask for my FR stuff.
Roadhog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dappled Sapphire » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:49 am

@Onyx Was he recently moved to that tank?
How big is it?
Sometimes it can be stress from too big or too small of a tank
Sometimes they just see their own finnage when they swim and decide to attack it
Dappled Sapphire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blood Storm » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:52 am

onyx` wrote:

i name most of my animals after video game characters... but my bettas are just random names i came up with. cx

i've always wanted a halfmoon... but my betta, zed, is a halfmoon double tail! cx
      i used to have a red veil tail named flame. (flame... how creative... lol. cx) i love the classic red veil tails.

oh, and does anyone know how to stop a betta from tail biting? i thought it was fin rot at first but when i added aquarium salt, there was no improvement. it just got worse. then i noticed he went into one of his hiding spots... then came out and his tail got even worse! i took the hiding spots out but think he is still biting. :c

there is no real way to stop tail biting, if he is old he may be trying to lessen the weight of his fin(smart lil suckers), or he may be bored and finds attacks the "rival betta" is fun.

I had a young betta that fin bit, I moved another betta within sight of him, the interaction was enough to subside his tail biting, he just spent about two hours a day flaring up and being all big and bad to the other betta, the other betta, a four year old grump, really did not care and did not seem to care that another fish was trying to bother him.

maybe try giving him some interaction with another fish, be it of his kind or another kind?
BloodStorm
Blood Storm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild.One » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:54 am

onyx` wrote:

My Betta calypso that I had a while ago (he lived only a little over a year) bit his tail most of his life. I tryed everything that I was told on here, and from my own research, bit he wouldn't stop. I then read that it can also just be a habit, just like how people bit their nails.
call me wild c:
Wild.One

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MacGyver » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:55 am

WalkerNom wrote:

ugh.
    this makes me want to spend all my money on another betta. |D
    /shot.
    don't let me.

omg that tank is beautiful
      Mine's looking kinda pitiful right now. XP
      I'd like to add another piece of driftwood or maybe a large rock, but meh idk...And I really REALLY want some red root floaters.
      I want to just redo the whole tank. DX
Image Image
████████████████████████ ███ ███ █████
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

█████ ███ ███ ████████████████████████
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
Image Image Image Image Image
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
DIXIE INSTA ART

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴅ ᴋᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ
HaruMakoNagisa
ReiRinMomo
SousukeNitori

CSCC Iwatobi Dog Chat

WIP
MacGyver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:57 am

bramble- claw wrote:
bramble- claw wrote:
Username: bramble- claw
How many fish tanks do you have:2
Types of fish that you have:9 types, and corals.and if you count the ones that we used to have ( that passed away ; - ; ) about 12-13.
Your fishs' names:they don't really have names but - our jawfish is nicknamed paranoid- since he always is looking paranoid, or mad at us lol.
How long have you had fish:2 -3 years.
its hard to take photos of my fish- since my flash activates every time x.x

I am a pretty decent person with saltwater- so I can answer a few small questions on salt water and such- ( I am not good with like tank engineering, lighting, or treatment that well though x.x )

ummm, was I accepted? Nobody is replying....and I think I may sound a bit annoying - but I just need to know if I was or not- XD

We don't really have an acceptance requirement. ^^ Just post your form and start posting.
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roadhog » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:00 am

nm
Last edited by Roadhog on Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
not accepting pms right now unless I add you to my friends list.
finally quitting. I've told myself I'll quit soon, and I never did, but I finally feel like I should quit. Still keeping my characters/deviantart though. I've wanted to quit for a long long time, but I'm doing it.
Nobody on here talks with me , is friends, and I try to chat on the FR thread but nobody responds much.
Quitting CS and flightrising.

All my fr dragons/stuff went to one of my real life best friends, so don't ask for my FR stuff.
Roadhog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby косатка » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:08 am

jellybaloo wrote:@Onyx Was he recently moved to that tank?
How big is it?
Sometimes it can be stress from too big or too small of a tank
Sometimes they just see their own finnage when they swim and decide to attack it

the tank he is in is a 3 gallon but he has lived in it for awhile now.

herpluvin wrote:
onyx` wrote:

there is no real way to stop tail biting, if he is old he may be trying to lessen the weight of his fin(smart lil suckers), or he may be bored and finds attacks the "rival betta" is fun.

I had a young betta that fin bit, I moved another betta within sight of him, the interaction was enough to subside his tail biting, he just spent about two hours a day flaring up and being all big and bad to the other betta, the other betta, a four year old grump, really did not care and did not seem to care that another fish was trying to bother him.

maybe try giving him some interaction with another fish, be it of his kind or another kind?

i'll try and put a mirror by his tank. i hope it helps.
      i know he isn't too old. he is only about 4 months old.

hopefully i can get him out of this habit... or whatever it is. i just searched up that it may be hunger, but i know that isn't it.
косатка

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me