Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby anathema » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:37 am

I have a Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever and a golden retriever, as well as a teacup Chihuahua. The teacup is not more than one months old and still struggles to walk around. He is completely harmless. One time, my friend came over (about three days ago). She has had a few negative experiences with a few types of dogs, most prominently Chihuahuas. She makes me lock the poor little guy up in his kennel the whole time she’s at my house, and this particular time I was using the bathroom. She must have not noticed me coming out from the bathroom because she was scolding my dog, and continued scolding when she thought I was still washing my hands. She called my dog, “A disgraceful rat dog.” As I said, the poor thing is barely four weeks and is the kindest, most loving puppy I’ve probably ever had! On the other hand, she praises my duck tolling retriever almost every time we’re at my house. She’s in love with him: for instance, I’m petting him and she takes Sawyer (his name) from me . . . like, “Hello? That’s my dog!” She never caught me spying on her when she scolded my pup, but I’m still very angry she did so and I’ve been giving my Chihuahua (Scotty) a lot of love since she left.

anathema ‣ grad student ‣ 21+
kinda only here to rp and trade lolz

x
anathema

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachFuzz » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:17 pm

I have this one friend who loves cats, and she has her own cat named Annie who is very chill about everything and doesn't mind being hugged or picked up or anything even by strangers. Whenever the friend comes over to my house I have to remind her that my cat is quite different and can get scared easily and doesn't like to be held. But she rarely listens and says things like "All cats love being held" or "I know how to handle cats" and then proceeds to grab Pickles and squeeze her, scaring her half to death!
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scuttlefish » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:39 am

I have a golden retriever, and she doesn't bite. Everytime a person comes over to play, she corners them into a place beside the door to lick and smell them, and one particular person always acts like, " Ahh! She's going kill me!" And runs up the stairs. THen later when the person shuts the door so our dog won't "attack her" ( with slobber XD but I can't help it dogs have to slobber), our dog starts crying, and then the person says, " Aww poor doggy lets let her in."

Sometimes my family fosters kitties. So cute and adorable, right? But then a "friend" came over and puts her a a fluffy chair to dress her up. The poor kittten meows, and the friend says," Aww, she likes me!" Me and my sis told her, " No no, she doesn't want you to dress her up!" Then the cat pees on the chair and there is still a stain! The friend says it wasn't her fault. You can't blame the poor kitty.
I used to be sugar pixel .

Microllama Adoption Center

scuttlefish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ξƞçɧαƞtєđ » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:10 am

I think it's about time I post in my own topic. XD

I ride on a horse drill team, and if you follow us in the "Do You Ride Horses?" thread, you would know my horse, Sky, has a slight rearing problem. Well, one girl on my team who gets under my skin to no end, keeps trying to give me her advice on how to best fix his vice. Note that her own horse is a ball full of energy from only ever being ridden at drill team and left out in pasture the rest of the week, has been bred by her owner twice or three times just because "the foals are cute", though she can't even control the two full grown horses she already has, and the fact she can't control her own horse (the mare has two speeds, high-strung walk, or high-strung canter. She can't get her horse to trot for the life of her). Well, on a particularly bad day of rearing on Sky's part, she came up to me and said, "next time her rears, slap as hard as you can on the poll or between the ears, and it's best to pour water on him right after so he thinks he's bleeding." I was like... *head nod...turn around, rolls eyes*. But in my head I was laughing to myself..."yeah, I'll try that as soon as I attach a cup-holder to my saddle and decide on a good day to die." XD. That bit of advice was coming from the girl who poured bleach on her horse's hooves to kill off a bad case of thrush. *sigh*. Another thing she does that annoys me around Sky is the fact she'll openly hit my horse for no reason. If Sky turns his muzzle to sniff her horse, she'll slap him on the neck, nose, or between the eyes and declare that Sky was trying to bite her horse. I've gotten to the point where I don't even ride by her and if we have to because of the routine, I'll keep Sky's face as far away from her and her mare as possible. Now whenever she reaches out to touch or pet him (again, without my permission), he'll throw his head and start snorting, which of course, unbalances our whole work ethic and all my hard work that goes into getting him to collect his head in the first place. -_-# . Ugh. People.
"тняσυgн αcтιση, α мαη вεcσмεs α нεяσ
тняσυgн dεαтн, α нεяσ вεcσмεs α ℓεgεηd
тняσυgн тιмε, α ℓεgεηd вεcσмεs α мүтн
αη∂ вү ℓεαяηιηg ғяσм тнε мүтн α мαη тαкεs αcтιση."
ξƞçɧαƞtєđ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiny Sylveon » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:14 am

My little cousin keeps throwing cups at my dog and keeps hurting him. ;-; Abuse much?
╔══════════════════════╗
"If I make another move,
if I take another step,
then it all will fall apart,
there'll be nothing of me left.
If I'm crying in the wind,
if I'm crying in the night,
will there ever be a way?
Will my heart return to white?"
-Christina Lee (Bad Apple)

╚══════════════════════╝
╔══════════════╗
Credit
link
link
link
link
link
╚══════════════╝

Shiny Sylveon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kittehhcat » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:35 am

So its not really my pet, its a breed. But my mom, she hates pit bulls for some reason.. ._.
She says they are not even a real breed.. It may be true, but that kinda hurts my feelings.
My mom says the pit bull "always" turns on the owner. And yet.. I see this pit bull playing with a little girl, and they are having fun. ._. They are not rats. They are beautiful creatures.

#stopthehate. ._.

Kittehhcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:13 am

Clementina wrote:
So its not really my pet, its a breed. But my mom, she hates pit bulls for some reason.. ._.
She says they are not even a real breed.. It may be true, but that kinda hurts my feelings.
My mom says the pit bull "always" turns on the owner. And yet.. I see this pit bull playing with a little girl, and they are having fun. ._. They are not rats. They are beautiful creatures.

#stopthehate. ._.

i know someone like that, but it is with ALL bully breeds

i told them i saw a amarican bull dog (or something like that) who was playing well with a goldie ,two JRTs and my dog and they said "ooo you need to be carfull they can turn at any second" i stood for a second hoping i miss heard them, i for one am very careful and this dog was extremley friendley, yes i watch him a bit more then i would the goldie but i dont see the point in avoiding a bully breed for no reason

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nordendeii » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:40 am

Alright, so I have a black tuxedo cat, named Ally. She is aggressive to people she hasn't met yet, or hasn't been around her for a wile. Her temper is unpredictable, and lots of the time, she could be really happy, and purring in your face, or could be really angry, wanting to claw your face off. She is really close to me, since I love her to death, and I give her LOTS of attention.

Anyways, a few stories with Ally.

Once, my cousin came over to visit. (She's six. Doesn't really listen well.) It was past 8' P.m. and my cat was laying at the top of the stair case. (Like I said, she can get REALLY angry with people she doesn't know well. And my cousin doesn't know her well. You all know where I'm going with this.) My cousin came up the stairs and noticed Ally. She began to pet her, WHICH WAS A HORRIBLE IDEA. My cat hissed at my cousin. My cousin REALLY SHOULD HAVE MOVED AWAY, but I can't blame her. My cat is really unpredictable, And very lazy. Anyways, Ally scratched my cousin, and then attacked her ankles. Yeahh.... Not very well.

Another time, Ally latched onto my Grandpa's shirt. Really, Ally?
And my cat attacks people who go up the stairs, terrorizes my dog, where it should be the other way around...

My cat is scary.
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
Nordendeii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lupen » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:44 pm

blazesong wrote:
Clementina wrote:

#stopthehate. ._.

i know someone like that, but it is with ALL bully breeds

i told them i saw a amarican bull dog (or something like that) who was playing well with a goldie ,two JRTs and my dog and they said "ooo you need to be carfull they can turn at any second" i stood for a second hoping i miss heard them, i for one am very careful and this dog was extremley friendley, yes i watch him a bit more then i would the goldie but i dont see the point in avoiding a bully breed for no reason

That's one of my pet peeves as well. It is true that bully breeds are predisposed to dog aggression, which means they're more likely to have dog aggression than say a golden retriever. But that doesn't mean that every single pit bull will be dog aggressive, and in no way, shape or form does dog aggression = human aggression. Bully breeds actually make wonderful family dogs, and can be extremely sweet and loyal... as long as they're trained right. An owner of a bully breed should know what to expect. The pros and cons. And they need to have researched and prepared for dog aggression if the problem arises.

It's just a shame that downright horrible owners have given pit bulls and other bully breeds such a bad rep. Between people carelessly breeding and producing unsound dogs, gang members buying pits and training them horribly to seem cool, and well-meaning but incredibly clueless people, it's no wonder they're wildly misunderstood.
ImageImage

✨ Everything I have on CS is for sale for Flightrising! Desperately looking for the familiars above. ✨
Pet trades accepted as well.

Lupen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~wolf~spirit~ » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:16 pm

Definitely agreeing with the above ^

I've knew a dog (an American Bulldog) and he was a trained guarder but when he was "off duty" he was the most gentle, loving and loyal companion to his family. The toddler treated him almost like a donkey - and less face it, the size wasn't far off! - and he would love it. And when he had to stay in the kennels he would cry for like two days because he missed them so much. He was such a big baby, I loved him ♥

He kinda looked like this one but with darker patches on him:
*click*
♥ Auction Thread ♥
♥ Fair Trade Thread ♥
♥Event Swaps♥
~wolf~spirit~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups