Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby AtlasHyperion » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:38 am

I've probably mentioned this before but OH MY GOD DON'T PET MY DOG WITHOUT ASKING FIRST. Yesterday I was walking my precious little angel Nina who wouldn't hurt a fly and I was picking up her poop when suddenly I hear her snarling, and I'm like ??? and I see that a small child walked up to her and started petting her face and poking her mouth - and no, I didn't see any adults around until I told the kid off for touching her without asking and poking her, at which point his mom yelled at me for having a "vicious dog" and took her kid home.

Yeah, no, my dog shouldn't be growling at people, but your toddler shouldn't wander around unsupervised and poking her in the face to get a reaction out of her. Teach. Your. Kids.

Okay, another one!

Today I was chilling with Nina in the front yard because I had to shovel snow and she needed to get outside for a bit, and that lasted about 2 minutes before a giant dog starts barking at us from, like, 20 feet away, no owner or leash in sight, and when I yelled at it to go home and get lost, it growled and eventually walked away.

What. The. Heck?! Why do people never want to supervise their dogs? You cannot let your dog out without a leash and just "get back to it later"! It's not baking! It's an animal's life!
atlas // they/them
if you ever need someone to talk to my dms are always open
stay safe, be kind, and have a great day!
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me