Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Postby popping star » Thu May 31, 2018 9:29 am

My poor baby, Ace. (07.03.16 - 05.30.18)
You were so sick, but I'm happy you aren't suffering anymore. I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to ease your suffering.
You were close to turning 2 when you passed today.
Even though we've had bad times together, I'm still sad to see you pass.
Hopefully you're having a better time than I was able to give you.
popping star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brynmala » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:43 am

I listed all my past pets on p.10, but now I've a new one to add. We lost Saffy (Saffron) a couple of months ago. She was a 3 year old Dutch rabbit, and quite an exceptional character. She was a house rabbit, loved being around humans and would quite happily sit on the sofa with us and wash anyone who was within range. Healthwise she had led an exciting life (and cost me well over £1000 in vets fees), but it seems 4 lives was one too many. She got head tilt, for reasons the vet couldn't work out, and died after a short illness. It's always the good ones that die young :(
Brynmala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chocolate_Chip » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:08 am

Three months ago my beautiful Cloe died she died March,15 2018 I found out that she died because of my uncle I couldnt say goodbye to her my dad had to leave for a while and when he came back we didn’t pick her up the reason that she died was because no one was paying attention to her while she was giving birth and sometimes I think if we could’ve been there she could’ve been alive and I miss her so much she was a chihuahua and she was 4 years old only... I never knew while my dad left it would’ve been the last time I saw her my innocent pupper
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▁▁▁❨I'ᴍ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ❩▁
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
---║ link ║ link ║ link ║ ©

ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ ɪ'ᴍ

xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Im Chip I
play league of legends,
love to read, & I love
Disney 😅. Also,go ahead
and trade me. If you want
to talk to me feel free to
talk to me I need friends.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Chocolate_Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunflower, » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:47 pm

i'm lighting this candle in honor of my boy, olly.
      oliver was my first ever friend. he had been with me ever since i was born,
      and he watched me grow up. he listened to all of my rants, he stuck
      with me through all of my hard times, and he was all i could ask for in a friend.

he was an old cat. 18 years old, to be exact.
      he had been through so much. three houses, three new babies, two new dogs, and plenty of rodents.
      oliver had seen at all, and i'm so happy he lived a long and fulfilling life.
      he was sick, though. he had been standing strong for 18 years and his body couldn't take it anymore.

i wish he could see where i was now.
      olly had changed me into a loving, compassionate human and i couldn't be more grateful.
      he was such an amazing cat and i love him dearly.

i miss you more and more everyday.
      i hope kitty heaven is treating you well.

love, b.

i'm lighting this one in honor of my other cat, sadie.

she was such a sweetheart. sadie had nothing but love to give. i loved
      how much she'd talk... constantly meowing for attention or treats.

she had always had issues, though. she had to be kept in our garage because
      she was destructive to our house. she had plenty of food, water, and blankets/bedding
      but i still feel bad nonetheless.

you have no idea how much i regret not treating her better. i was young when we
      had her, so i never really gave it a second thought. however now that i'm older
      and finally understood what was going on, i regret it so much.

i wish i could've treated you better. you were such a kind and beautiful soul and
      i'm sorry you had to live like that. you lived to be 15, but i know if we had treated
      you better, maybe you'd live even longer.

i love you so much girly, and i'm so damn sorry.

love, b.

sunflower,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chonko. » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Hello. I am here to tell y'all about my rabbit.

Cloudy.
Oh that name rings in my ears each time I
sleep. My dear rabbit. You lived so long.

Every time I took you out of your cage,
you stayed with me and hopped along
my side. Whenever I felt sad and my
anxiety hit me like a bus, you nuzzled
me and gave me comfort.

I love you my girl. Each time I think,
I think about you. Your beautiful grey
fur and white birthmark on your head.
Your fur reminded me of dark storms
and your white birthmark on your head
reminded me of a struggling cloud
that pushed through all the hardships
Even though others held you the wrong
way and hurt you slightly, you kept your
spirit high, trying to stay strong.

I never hurt you. I wish you were able
to stay, but you couldn't help it.
The water was too cold my dear.
If only they made it warmer.
I may be crying, but I will stay strong
for you.

wip
chonko.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexi. » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:38 pm

Cassi.... my beautiful budgie.

You turned 1 year old in February.. you were my baby... I raised you from an egg. Your sweet begs for food.. you depended on me. I raised you until you were ready to fledged. You loved to fly.

You were such a sweetheart.. you loved to hang out with me to get away from the other annoying birds for awhile. You loved to explore and look for places to hide ... I let you be free..

But that... that's the reason you're gone. It was my fault though... I should've been paying more attention.. I'm so sorry... Cassi. I miss you so much. I lost my baby...

and to all of my other babies I've lost......... ImageImageImage

Bunnies:
Butterscotch.. I miss you so very much. You were the best boy ever. I often dream about you.
Emma... you where such a great mother. You protected your babies. I don't exactly remember how or why you're gone. But I miss you.
Marshmellow.. oh, you were SUCH a sweetheart. It was so adorable when you ran out into the field... looked around.. and came ZOOMING back to me as fast as you could. I miss you a lot.
Oliver.. what a special boy.. you where an amazing boy.. but you weren't so nice to the others. So I had to give you to a friend.. I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you in your last moments <\3
Stormi, Ninja, and Oreo.. all sisters, litter of 4. only one remains. I miss you so much. I still can't believe that you're gone.

Budgies:

Tilly... I miss you a lot. You were an amazing boy. I'm not sure why you had that terrible stroke.. I wish you were still here.
Jay.. you where very sweet. You loved to cuddle.. I miss you too baby.. I'm so sorry you got that horrible thing called cancer.
Trixie.. 7 years ago, I got you. My first ever bird. I was thrilled. I miss you. I always thought you were a boy. But as I look back on pictures, turns out I was wrong <3
Neko.. you were so special to me.. you where also very social and loved going to places.. I miss you.
Pepper.. you were a mother to 5.. and a grand mother to over 30 .. or more... good job girl.. I miss you.
Buttercup.. you where my everything when I was 12..you were so sweet. I was devastated when you died. I wish you were still here with me..
Evy
Trix
Zoe
Abby
Loki
Stormi
SnowStorm
Angel
Vanilla

I miss each and every one of you..

Last edited by Lexi. on Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lexi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:51 pm

This seriously was such a sweet idea for a thread. <3

This one's to honor my guinea pig sisters, Cookie and Caramel, who died a few years ago. They were so sweet and silly, always running around the cage chasing each other! Sadly, my little Cookie (my sis and I shared ownership of them. Caramel was technically hers, and Cookie was mine.) died first, because something was keeping her from being able to eat, and even the vet couldn't help. We had to finally put her down, and Caramel died peacefully a while after her sister.
I hope you two are happy, wherever you may be now. <3

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuraDragoness » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:26 pm

For my beloved first bird, a Pied Cockatiel named Rainbow

I'd always been fascinated by birds and, on the night of June 20th, 2002 we left the store with him. He shaped my life so much and I'm really glad I brought him home instead of a turtle (which is actually why we went to the store). I remember all he wanted to do was just sit on my shoulder while I did things, explore the table and play with straws, and that Doritos were his favorite treat.

He died peacefully in my arms at the old age of 12 (2 years past his estimated lifespan) due to respiratory issues he'd probably had since he was little and just his age in general.
For Boris, one of my first two Canadian Geese. He was only with us for about a month before he died, and it wasn't due to a predator, but to gopher poison buried deep in the dirt that he consumed, thanks to the morons that previously owned the land we kept them at.

Bella (in the back), another one of my geese was the runt of four goslings, she'd always been weak and frail but she had so much energy regardless. One night a raccoon (I think it was a raccoon) got into the yard and she took a devastating blow to the side from its claws in order to protect our youngest goose, a gosling named Cookie, from harm. The wound got infected quickly and 2 days later she passed.

For Bori, Sebastian, and Cookie

Much like Boris these three all died the same fate he did...poison. Our neighbor basically put out a giant bag of the stuff to kill the rodents (rats, squirrels, and gophers) which would step in the poison and track it around everywhere...including into my geese's food. I have a feeling parasites may have been involved as well but the poison probably did most of the killing.

This one is for my two ducks which I do not know the fates of. Frank (rouen duck) and Puddleduck (appleyard duck).

At first we'd gotten Frank as a companion for Natasha as Boris had died and left her lonely. When we got the clutch of 4 geese Frank was left alone as Natasha had adopted the quadrant of goslings. Puddleduck was a companion we got for Frank during this time who, after awhile, became his mate. On the night that cost Bella her life the two went missing and, since they could both fly, I do not know what happened to them. Did they escape or did they get killed? There was no blood nor feathers so I'm hoping it was the former even though we never found them.
🐦 ♥ Rest in peace my sweet little Rainbow ♥ 🐦
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AuraDragoness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eggos » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:56 pm

I'm lighting this candle in memory of my hamster, Nutmeg. I got him as a baby and spent 2 years with him before he passed away about two weeks ago, right before my birthday. He was a great hammy and everyone loved him, even the family cat.
To Nutmeg: DaeDae and I miss you so much. Forgive me, I know I didn't spend much time with you and I wish I did. Rest easy.
Eggos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby basil! » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:30 am

I'm lighting this candle for my Canary Ginger. I only had you for a few weeks, and I would like to say that I'm sorry. It's our fault you died. I wish we could have known you longer. I wish we could have given you a better, longer life.
I love you and I'm sorry. I hope you're in a better place.

This one is for my Canary Timber. You were perfect, and I loved you. You were so fluffy and kind and you even sang for me! You were such a beautiful, smart bird. I'm sorry you had to be in pain before you died. We did everything we could. I miss you.

This candle is for my Canary Lemon. He passed away from an unknown illness and I still love him. I wish I could have spent more time with him. Rest in peace. You were always fun to be around, and I miss hearing you sing and watching you jump around your cage.

I'm lighting this candle for my hamster Sophie. She passed away peacefully in her sleep, probably from old age, at around two years old. She was the friendliest, kindest, smartest hamster, and she looked so beautiful. She was clearly attached to us and I loved her. She never bit me and was always friendly, asking to be pet a lot of the time. I wish I could have played with you more. I miss you, and the way you always reached out to my hand and were so cheerful. You were such a hard-working, wonderful hamster and you always made me happy.

Rest in peace, my dear pets. ♥️

x
x
───(あなたを愛している)

basil l they/he
hi! my name is basil! I like anime,
art, and science. I probably will
not be replying to pms at this time, sorry!

flight rising / my writing / wetlands

basil!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me