Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Postby FuzzyThePunkCat » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:58 am

Image I lost three of my cats in 2011. I lost Chase (AKA CheeseyBoy) at the age of 14, in August, from Diabetes. I lost Kaysey at the age of 16, in November, from kidney failure. And then I lost the soul I loved more than I've ever loved anyone before, my Katie at the age of 14, on Christmas Eve, from cancer. I lived them all so much, and Katie was my life. I will never live any animal or person as much as I loved Katie.
"I try twice as hard and I'm half as liked, but here they come again to jack my style."
In real life I have 4 dogs, 3 cats, 2 rabbits, 26 rats, 2 gerbils, 2 cockroaches, 1 turtle, 1 axolotl, and 8 fish.
ImageImageImageImageImage
FuzzyThePunkCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animemice » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:44 pm

Axel
????-2011

Axel was a quarter horse that came to the ranch the year of 2003. He came for free, as his owners could no longer care for him. He was very friendly, and something about him made you immeadietly fall in love with him. Axel lived up to the quarter horse in him, and loved to gallop. He made good friends with a younger stallion named Taz, who followed Axel around all day. I took the pleasure of riding this extraordinary horse for his last four years. My greatest memory of him was riding through the pond bareback on Axel. I remember how he almost layed down in the water and I freaked out. Before I went to college Axel started having problems. His hooves were sore and he couldn't be riden. That Christmas I came back to the ranch and heard the sad news that Axel had been put down. I wish I could have been there for the last few seconds of his life.
Last edited by Animemice on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! I'm Animemice, but you can call me Mouse. I love horses and ride them in my spare time. I also love dogs! I love to read and write, and want to be an author someday! If you need a hug or just want to chat feel free to PM me, I promise I will reply <3
Animemice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leonard » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:51 am

Tracy
2011 - 2014

I would like to light a candle for Tracy. She was a loveable pup. I am not sure of her actual age, but she was very young when I found her on the street. She couldn't be more than a few months old. I suspect she was a husky mix of some sort, but I really couldn't say for certain. She was such a happy, friendly dog. She liked to sleep in during cold mornings, and I would often wake up to find her on my bed. She greeted every person and animal with uncontrolable excitement, and would sell her soul for a tasty treat. She was just a bunch of joy, laughter, and excitement bound in a ball of fur. She was hit by a car at the start of this year. Tracy was still alive when I got to her, but passed away before we could reach the vet. I wish I had staid in that morning, the poor girl would still be here if I had. I miss her so much. She was too young when she passed.

Mucko
1999 - 2014

Another candle I would like to light is for Mucko. Mucko was found as a stray years ago. He was completely brown when we found him, covered in mud. I took him home, washed him, and would you look at that? He was almost entirely white! With an occassional black sploch of fur, but those only became more visible as he grew. Despite my best attempts, Mucko was not a very cuddly cat. He was always afraid of people, and had a hard time getting along with other animals. Most of the time, he seemed to feel comfortable just hiding under things, away from people and animals of all sorts. I needed a lot of time before I could actually get close to him, pet him, hold him, and just spoil him the way I wanted to. On the night he passed away, he jumped up on the bed and slept by me. He never woke up in the morning, but knowing I was a source of comfort of sorts made me feel relieved. I couldn't be there for Tracy, but at least I was there for Mucko. I miss them both.
Image Image

I'm sorry if my english is bad, it's not my first language. If you can't understand me, please just ask me to rewrite my post and I will do so.

I'm looking for canine roleplays, preferably 1x1 with at least one to two paragraphs per post. If you're interested, please feel free to send me a message.

The animal on the right is Mika, a part of the Scogliera Abitante species, and one of my OC's. If you're interested in adopting a member of the species, please click the picture and it will redirect you to the adoption page. Thanks!
Leonard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dylan Klebold » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:54 am

Peanut
? - 2012

Peanut was probably one of the most lovable dogs I have ever met. He was a goofball when he was younger, but as he got older, he became more hostile towards my grandmother. Peanut was a pleasure to be around, but his breath was absolutely horrid 90% of the time.

And I loved him for that.

Even though he was my grandmother's dog, I cared a lot for Peanut. Now the name seems a little alien to me, like another dog. But I will always remember him. One day, one day I'll be able to meet him again.
Dylan Klebold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby millennium. » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:53 pm

I would like to do this in remembrance of my pet chihuahua, Princess, A.K.A Borinquen.I hope I can see you again one day. I love you... You are missed. You were so cute and timid, yet playful. I hope we can play again soon.

-

I'd also like to do this in remembrance of my kitten , Ciel. I miss you. I hope I can see you again....
I love you so much.... Although our time together wasn't very long, you made a big impact on my life. So, thank you.

-

One day, maybe one day, I can see you two again. And we can play together, just like we used to!
I miss you guys so much, it's hard to express.
Last edited by millennium. on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
millennium.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweetie151 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:34 pm

I've lost my three cats, first a ginger coloured cat, died because or being too old :( I still remember my mom saying "come here to pet (my pet's name) the last time" I was shocked, it was 4 days after I started loving cats, next is a tabby cat, died of sickness :thumbdown: , then my favourite, a black cat with white on it's chest and some of his paws, I was extremely sad when he died :cry: .

Hey There! My name is Mallory♥ Welcome to my Page.
I like Minecraft, twenty-one pilots, Youtube, and Pokemon. (The Anime and Pokemon Go)
Just in case any of you were wondering about my Pokemon Go Team,
I'm the best team. Which is Team Valor, of course, ^-^.

sweetie151

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Winter Soldier » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:36 pm

Well i am only lightining one candle but that is because i'm using one candle to represent all of them.
A gerbil named sunflower whom i oddly trained to eat seeds from my hand.
A poodle named Jake
A cat named Roadkill theres a whole story behind her name if you are curious about it.
Also an iguana my uncle owned she had missing tale her name kemru.
Also poodle named Bear
And last my dog guiccii i didn't know her very well iw as baby when she was around but she used bounc basket balls on her head at the time we didn't know this was going to cause her seizures later in life.
oh and i had bunch of large decorative pond koi in fish tank that lived for four years they wher every large mind you.
Last edited by The Winter Soldier on Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Winter Soldier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby interestingword » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:58 am

My first candle is for our old cat, Ariel. She was seventeen when she passed away, an old, cranky cat who I had known all my life since I was just a toddler. She was a calico cat, mostly black, with spots of orange and a white tummy. Most of her days were spent under the bed in my parents room. When she was about fifteen, she's started yowling occasionally, for no obvious reason. We'd be doing school or watching television and suddenly we'd hear this loud, sort of creepy-sounding wail of meows. But we had the vet check her, perfect health, and we wrote it off as being just old age. Maybe her vision or hearing was going because of how old she was, and the meows were just a form of echolocation, which became a ridiculous running joke in the years ahead. Two years later, near she eighteenth birthday (just a few days prior, in fact) she started acting odd. I forget the symptoms, but I believe the diagnosis was that she had a seizure and lost a lot of mobility in her left side, and I was heartbroken. Now, I'd never cared for the cantankerous old cougar who yowled and whined and hates being touched. All she did was make noise, right? But some part of me always came to depend on her, the one constant in my life, a dependable friend always hanging out below the bed in my parents bedroom. We tried to get her to eat something, anything, even went ti the store and got some baby food, but nothing worked. The following day my parents took her to the vet in a blanket, wrapped up like a little cozy taco, and came home empty-handed. Ariel, I hope you found a home somewhere with Kismet, and I wish I could see you again.

This one is a little less touchy-feely.
This candle is in memory of my very first goldfish, Pebbles. I was ecstatic to have my very own pet, I'd always wanted something to take care of myself besides a cat, and even if it was a fish it was something. Brought him home one day, put him in his fishbowl, and fed him twice a day with a bowl cleaning on Fridays. I was so stressed when we had to leave for vacation, thought he'd die while I was gone! Luckily, all went well, and all of my pets were happy to see me. Even got him a snail friend at one point (which brings me to my next point- RIP Shelly) but that didn't really work out. He didn't live long, less than a year, despite my efforts for him to have the best life possible, and left us sometime in May. I had been on a field trip, catching snakes and having fun, so I was crushed when I came home to see my beloved fish not swimming anymore.
Even if you were a tiny goldfish, Pebbles, I hope you're safe wherever you are.

actual birb

always happy to trade!

certified ttrpg enjoyer
ask me about GAMES
interestingword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Henry is Bae » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:56 am

Image,
I would like to light 4 candles for my 4 pets Roofus(dog), Bella(cat), Mason(cat), Socks(cat),
Here is a pic of Bella, mason and socks
Henry is Bae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tart » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:43 am

Sampson
'Sam'
2003- September 8th 2013
My Golden-Rottie.
I can't believe it's been over a year since he's been gone.
He was the light of my life, my best friend, and my brother. There for me when others weren't.
We knew you were sick but we just couldn't bring ourselves to put you to sleep. So you waited for my mom to go on vacation so she wouldn't have to worry. You tried to go unnoticed, I'm sorry you were in pain. But even though you were sick you still made us happy.
After bringing you on many many visits to try and find out what was wrong but simply not having an answer. You tried to go while I was asleep so that I wouldn't have to see you, but me being stubborn I had to say goodbye. You were the best dog and family member our family ever had, you were selfless and always comforted me when I was sad. You played when I didn't have anyone to play with and more then anything you were just there to comfort me and keep the peace. My greatest thank to you is that you allowed me to have Cassie, she even acts like you. You waited so patiently for me to get her then you left us. We feel lost without you, but you will never be far away. You will always be in my heart.
Sup I'm old and I'm back
it's me ya trash boi
pm if you want

xxxxxxxxxxx
    I take commissions!
    dA
    ask or follow journal for new dA/examples
    Kalons
xxxxxxxxxxx
Tart

My pets
My items