Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Very sad day...

Postby nightmarixx » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:16 am

Im sorry, thats sad. My dog passed away 1 year ago on the 4th of july because she had kennel cough. I was away so of course i didnt get to spend her last with her. She felt like my best friend.
maybe love isn't something
text text text text text text text text

that comes full circle, it just
link. link. coding credit ───
ebbs and flows, in and out
just like the people in
our lives. ──────────
nightmarixx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Remembrance - for those who've lost pets

Postby ExpensiveAlpaca » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:40 am

Rest in peace Pancake. Eight weeks ago I lost my beloved companion, the sweetest little bearded dragon ever. I had gotten her when she was three years old from a lady who could no longer keep her. From the day I got her she had stitched herself onto my heart, and she still remains there to this day. I beat myself up over and over for saying it was my fault for her death. I just had to buy a male bearded dragon and try and breed them. It was my first time, so I didn't know anything was wrong. She started acting weird, so I took her to the vet. She was on antibiotics, calcium supplements, and tube feeding for a couple days until God decided to take her.

I know she's in a better place now, and I'm so happy she's no longer suffering, but she took a piece of my heart with her on June 25. I've never loved an animal as much as I loved Pancake. She was such a spoiled little girl, always getting to sleep and snuggle with me, go for walks, and was even taken to school with me for my report in science class. I miss her so much, and will never stop missing and loving her. I really can't wait to be reunited with her once again, it's killing me to type all this. I want her to know just how much I loved her, and how much I've been missing her. Every time I think of her I go outside to where she was buried in the flowers facing my bedroom. I spent a week hardly eating and crying over her. It sounds pathetic, but it's true.

The day she passed was the day I vowed to rescue and buy other beardies who need a loving home. So far I've gained two, my sweet little Sassy and my most recent baby silkie, along with Sunny (the sweet little male I bought to breed with Pancake). Though I'll have many more reptiles to love, Pancake will always be number one in my heart. She will always be loved, missed, and certainly never forgotten.

Rest in peace Pancake <3

Rest in peace Barry. Three weeks ago we had to put down our one-year-old cat, who we took in as a kitten wondering around town. He may not have liked too much attention, but he was such a sweet kitty. On the morning he was out down he was perfectly fine, but as I was home alone I noticed he was acting strange. When mom got home we took him to the vet. They had no clue what was wrong, but they gave us some medicine for him. As the day progressed, he got worse. By night he had become completely blind, was frightened and in pain, couldn't control his bladder, and was stumbling in circles.

We couldn't stand to see him in pain anymore, so around 11 at night he was taken into the vet to be put down. On top of that, he was tested for rabies just in case. It most likely wasn't rabies, they believed it was something neurological. We still don't know what it was. The doctors and nurses there were very nice though and sent us a card with all their names signed, and an ornament with Barry's name and paw print. I'm so glad he's no longer in pain, but it's so empty with him gone. We all miss him. He used to love to pester Pancake, and now he's with her again. He will always be missed and never forgotten.

Rest in peace Barry <3
Last edited by ExpensiveAlpaca on Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Art Shop | Characters
Rest in peace Pancake. Rest in peace Barry. Rest in peace Auggie. Rest in peace Heidi.
ExpensiveAlpaca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hydlia » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:27 pm

I'm so sorry. It's so hard to make the decision to put a pet to sleep.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I have some pets up for trade in a specially labelled section. Feel free to send a trade!
Hydlia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:31 pm

Thanks everyone.

It was hard, yes, but we eventually got another beauty!

I named him Harry:

Hes a spoiled kitty that I love to bits! c:
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BattyHatter » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:16 pm

I'm sorry for everyone one's loses.

Image I am here to light a candle for Lily. She was my 1st dog that I rescued, and had stayed with me thru some really rough moves and living situations. I tried so hard when my girl was born to get her adjusted. After 2 years of just not working, my parents offered to take her in till our daughter or all our children were old enough for her to be alright with. She ate something that blocked her up, she had emergency surgery and would have been fine except for the fever. My folks went to vet thinking they were picking her up, and I thought I was going to have a special Skype session with her later that day.

BattyHatter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caught in your frost » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:05 pm

Rest in peace,Ernie. May you be free of pain and discomfort.

Ernie was the sweetest,most tolerant Yorkie I ever met. He was part Silky terrier,part Yorkie and 9 years old. He was rescue,he lived with his brother being owned by an elderly woman until one day she passed away and her neighbor brought them both to a shelter.His brother had diabetes and was put down, and Ernie almost had the same fate when my mom's friend pulled him off the list. He was her first rescue,and he didn't like other dogs was protective of his food. No one wanted him because he was an elderly dog,and everyone was looking for a puppy.But he was perfect for us.He was the sweetest little thing,he loved cats and allowed you to pick him up,twirl him around,roughhouse him,whatever.He was extremely tolerant,when 3 years later,he got very sick.It turned out he had a tooth infection that spread down to his heart and enlarged it. He then grew a huge tumor in his mouth,he couldn't eat or drink.We made the heartbreaking decision to let him go. We just go his ashes and a remembrance necklace a few days ago.This may sound weird,but I write letters to him everyday, it makes me feel closer to him.

Everyone,if you are looking for a dog,please adopt an older one. Older dogs the least adopted animal in shelters because they don't play ball anymore,or you don't have a long time with them.But you are giving them a second chance at having an amazing life. If you adopt them when they are older,you are making their last few years comfortable and loved then passing at a shelter with no one to hold them. I did not have a long time with Ernie, but it certainly the most rewarding.

I'll meet you over the Rainbow Bridge,sweetheart. I love you.
1/9/06-6/21/15
caught in your frost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby terrakions » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:09 pm

Rest in peace, Sassy. You were the greatest companion I could ask for, and I'll miss you every day of my life.

My dear old girl Sassy was adopted along with my other two cats, Hunter (playfully named Fufu due to his massive size) and Sniper, about a year before I was born. When my mom got her, she had an odd kink in her tail, but we didn't know what caused it, so our family assumed it was just something she was born with. When the three came home, each one them chose a "favorite" owner based on who they had the closest bond with. My dad had Sniper, my mom had Hunter, and I got Sassy. She and I developed a special bond with each other, and we soon became the best of friends. She helped me get through some very tough times in elementary school, and was the last of the "original three" to survive, and lived to be twelve years old. However, around the time when she turned eleven, things started to go downhill. She suddenly became very timid and refused to move from the office chair by the desk downstairs, only leaving to go and eat and drink or use the litter box. It didn't help that the two "newest" cats, Sydney and Sprite, as well as our bulldog Mimi, were starting to bully her. Poor Sassy couldn't do anything to defend herself, so we has to move her into her own, separate room. She seemed much happier in there, and always came to greet me when I came to fill her water bowl or food dish. We took her to the vet one day to tell the vet what was going on, and that was the day the veterinarian told us that Sassy had a tumor (I think that's what it was, I don't really remember) on her tongue as big as a quarter. The vet gave us two options: we could either have them surgically remove her tongue so she wouldn't have the tumor anymore, or put her down. We decided to do the latter. I was devastated, as no matter what option we chose I knew in the end I was going to lose my faithful friend. It was extremely heartbreaking when we were sent Sassy's ashes, and now we have them buried in a safe place in the yard where we hope to get a small brick to put on top of it in her memory. I'll always remember when she used to comfort me when I was feeling depressed, and how she always used to squeeze herself into a small hole in the wall downstairs in the old house.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi, i'm terrakions! (✿´‿`)

i like street fighter, nintendo, sonic,
and warrior cats!

i'm ususally online on weekends when i'm
not very busy with school

more info soon

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
terrakions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruined Souls » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:20 pm

Mango
My sweet little mango. You were so beautiful, And yoi didn't deserve to be treated how you where. Due to my negligence. Your suffered and died. I didn't wait your you to settle into your new surroundings. I didn't read about guppies and transferring. I miss you baby. Man. Some of my baby fry would be beautiful like you.
SIP
Mango
????-2016
Do you have a PS3? A PSN Account? Minecraft? add me!
rjlimon
Your my favorite <3
Ruined Souls

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Light Bringer » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Image In 2010 i lost Maxie my German shepherd she wasnt that brave she didnt know any tricks but she had the biggest heart. She had arthritis and it was so bad she couldn't stand so she had to get put to sleep. She was about 11 when she died.

Image In 2011 i lost my other dog due to infection her name was Sandy and she was a Labrador cross Jack Russell she got an infection so we took her to a vet then she had an operation. She then had fluid in her lungs and she died. She was about 13 when she died.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
LIGHTS OFF
xxxxxxxx

Light Bringer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups