The Great Ferret Alliance

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Ferrets!

Postby Queen of the Kings » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:19 pm

Cardinal wrote:I really hate that in the US you're only options are pretty much owner rehome, mill, or a breeder breeding for fancy colors and coats, ignoring health. :l

Yes, if you have ever heard of Angora ferrets/bunnies, they are almost always bred for making fur coats and they RIP THEIR FUR OUT WHEN THERE CONCIOUS!! I have seen pictures of mills and breeders who just want money and their animals look extremely unhealthy. At least owner rehome is a better choice and they aren't always miserable :(
Queen of the Kings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blitzstrike » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:25 pm

Cakeluver10 wrote:
Blitzstrike wrote:I'm getting my first ferret tomorrow! Eeeee I am so excited! He's $150 with cage and all. He has all of his shots, has been fixed, litter trained, and is a year old. We went to meet him today and now I miss him like crazy!

Have you gotten him/her yet? How many are you getting? You'll have to post a pic of the little guy ^-^

I'm getting him tomorrow! :D We ended up having to get him a day late :( But! I am picking up a harness for him on the way over since he adores being walked on them! :D Wednesday, I am going to get a playmate for him :3 I will definitely post a picture as soon as I can :3
ImageImage
Blitzstrike

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:29 pm

Cakeluver10 wrote:
Cardinal wrote:I really hate that in the US you're only options are pretty much owner rehome, mill, or a breeder breeding for fancy colors and coats, ignoring health. :l

Yes, if you have ever heard of Angora ferrets/bunnies, they are almost always bred for making fur coats and they RIP THEIR FUR OUT WHEN THERE CONCIOUS!! I have seen pictures of mills and breeders who just want money and their animals look extremely unhealthy. At least owner rehome is a better choice and they aren't always miserable :(

Nah, thats not right. Thats how you ruin a nice pelt. If you want to make a profit, you skin dead animals. ;) All that about consciously skinning animals is all hype, the videos were disproven. No need to worry! =)
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zankeet » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:54 pm

IMG_0195.JPG
IMG_0195.JPG (472.07 KiB) Viewed 96 times
i have 7 ferrets but here is a pic of one of them sleeping :D her name is Maggie and she came with her name. i love my ferrets!!!
███████
███████
███████
hey, I'm z !! dm's open
hoarding spiders
commissions open !!
I love you ₊˚⊹♡

───────────────────
toyhouse, art shop, flight rising
coding credit ──────────

zankeet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blitzstrike » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:35 pm

Yesterday we got Slinky(: and today, I went to Petland and anxiously awaited the baby ferrets to come in! My boyfriend wanted me to get my own ferret since Slinky is technically his so, with my birthday money, I got a little baby silver male! :D His name is Momo(: And I love him to pieces! Tomorrow I will take a picture of him, Slinky, and both of their cages(:
ImageImage
Blitzstrike

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of the Kings » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:12 pm

^How cute!! The kits are adorable, way cuter than the adult in my opinion :D
Queen of the Kings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of the Kings » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:14 pm

~Bump~
Queen of the Kings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of the Kings » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:52 am

Bump
Queen of the Kings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pendragon » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:19 am

Ferrets!! I have three. We're lucky in the UK because they are pretty cheap xP
Merlin, an albino male. He's the most human-loving of all three. He is so good natured, cuddly and super cheeky. He was for free because he was supposed to be the replacement companion to Ben Jr after his owner took him away for breeding (while he certainly was an idiot who didn't properly care for his animals - it was left to me to clean out both his ferret and Ben Jr, and play with them and he would visit them every week or so, he did breed them for working so they did have a purpose and it wasnt just random), but Ben Jr escaped :/

So we bought Peeka, who is a sable girly, although she is much darker than my other one x]
She's the cheekiest of the lot, and the most energetic! Her favourite thing is running around trying to steal things whereas Merlin's is playing with you and Coco's is chilling out. She was only £20, about 33$. She was bred for working as well (we didn't get her from Merlin's breeder) and was initially raised on an all-rabbit diet (whole rabbit is the best thing for them, hands down).

And then Merlin's breeder called us up and asked if we wanted another ferret as he had one left over from his most recent litter. So we got Coco, at a measly £10 (16$). She was covered in ticks as this breeder was one of those who favour the 'old way' of thinking about ferrets. Well intentioned, but a bit clueless.
She's the softest and most laid back. She likes to climb up on you and lick your ears :P That's the first thing she will do when she's out of the cage.

Here's all three, although they live outdoors now as it's much better for them :3 (artificial light can be bad for them).

And before people start getting worried, no, I do not go ferreting because it kinda grosses me out + startup cost of it.
I still support it though - when done right :)

I wrote a novel xD
Pendragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tricks » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:26 am

I love ferrets but I can't get one xC

So I watch ferret videos over and over. Lol.

I made this compilation of ferret photos as well ^^ :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWD5IiBh1w8

(don't worry, there's nothing innapropriate c:)

i'm full of rats
inactive

tricks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me