Poultry Lovers Club

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Which type of fowl is your favorite?

Standard Chicken
34%
Duck
15%
Geese
3%
Turkey
3%
Peafowl
4%
Pigeons
14%
Bantams
19%
Other
8%

Total votes : 469

Re: Poultry Lovers Club

Postby Nero1007 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:03 am

This is Cinnamon(the rooster) when he was a chick vs when we had to give him back(bc he was a rooster). He was so sweet! We only knew he was a rooster bc he crowed( tried to at least ). He was a Rhode Island Red and supposed to be a hen.
Attachments
D46E502F-2ED8-49EA-AC64-F1F2A4F074ED.png
D46E502F-2ED8-49EA-AC64-F1F2A4F074ED.png (379.49 KiB) Viewed 196 times
DA25A727-7661-443B-B74A-5F3CCF8660EF.png
DA25A727-7661-443B-B74A-5F3CCF8660EF.png (387.64 KiB) Viewed 196 times
She/Her
Check out my free base!
Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4731505
And my current adopts:
Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4774726
Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4661052
Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4678273
Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4680273
I’ll always accept gifts from my wishlist! Also trade me please!
Trade Group: accounts/viewgroup.php?groupid=7234101&userid=1007517
ImageImageImageImage Image
Nero1007

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nero1007 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:46 am

We got 3 new chicks and we will be getting more next Friday. 2 are Jersey giants and one is a new Hampshire red. Sorry for the bad picture on one.
Attachments
FA6BCD3A-13EA-44DB-9CB6-9F5FF32201EA.png
FA6BCD3A-13EA-44DB-9CB6-9F5FF32201EA.png (293.23 KiB) Viewed 187 times
D2F6D90B-60E7-4532-88CE-D60F63697A5C.png
D2F6D90B-60E7-4532-88CE-D60F63697A5C.png (325.99 KiB) Viewed 187 times
224E0E52-B725-440E-980D-4240B0703D59.jpeg
224E0E52-B725-440E-980D-4240B0703D59.jpeg (38.38 KiB) Viewed 187 times
She/Her
Check out my free base!
And my current adopts:
Nero1007

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nero1007 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:47 am

This is the last chick
Attachments
4F48FD86-B4AC-45A8-B9D0-F460ADA72963.png
4F48FD86-B4AC-45A8-B9D0-F460ADA72963.png (328.08 KiB) Viewed 187 times
She/Her
Check out my free base!
And my current adopts:
Nero1007

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cloven » Fri May 28, 2021 11:33 am

I normally don’t post but this is pretty urgent!!!

My Easter egger managed to rip off one of her toe nails (middle toe). Unfortunately it was my sibling’s week to watch them, and they don’t watch them well, so I don’t know when this happened. I did trim my chickens other nails (only a couple) after taking care of this.

I cleaned the wound from dirt with antiseptics and wrapped her toe with an antiseptic band aid/some cotton/medical tape.
It’s been a few days, so I took it off… but since it looks deep, I’m worried dirt will get in there again, so I might reapply. I don’t think it’s infected, but I’ve never dealt with something like this before

Has anyone else dealt with the nail completely coming off? If so, please reply. I am trying to figure out what to do. If not but you know an article, please also reply!!!

owo~ ℂ𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕟 ~
boooo… He/Him/His

❁ Loves Coffee
❁ I am fairly active on here
❁ Feel free to call me Disrep
❁ I love to gift c:
❁ I love scenery items!
❁ I use multiple devices

CharactersKalonsArt

cloven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jun. » Sat May 29, 2021 3:43 am

Disreputable wrote:I normally don’t post but this is pretty urgent!!!

My Easter egger managed to rip off one of her toe nails (middle toe). Unfortunately it was my sibling’s week to watch them, and they don’t watch them well, so I don’t know when this happened. I did trim my chickens other nails (only a couple) after taking care of this.

I cleaned the wound from dirt with antiseptics and wrapped her toe with an antiseptic band aid/some cotton/medical tape.
It’s been a few days, so I took it off… but since it looks deep, I’m worried dirt will get in there again, so I might reapply. I don’t think it’s infected, but I’ve never dealt with something like this before

Has anyone else dealt with the nail completely coming off? If so, please reply. I am trying to figure out what to do. If not but you know an article, please also reply!!!

I've never had a chicken lose a nail, but my rooster managed to lose one of his spurs. It was already scabbed by the time I found out, so I just cleaned it and kept an eye on it.

You might take her inside for a couple days so you can make sure it stays clean and heals up. If it looks really bad or like it might be infected, definitely take her to a vet but otherwise I think she should be fine.
Yo, I'm Jun--I'm into cats
pomeranians and kpop
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DA
Currently listening to:
DPR Ian
Jun.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChevyTheQH » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:45 am

URGENT

My 2 1/2 year old Rhode Island Red fell off my arm earlier and is limping. I’ve given her an epson salt bath, what should I do? She is pooping and she ate a little. She has been standing in the same spot the last 3 times I’ve checked her though and doesn’t come when I call her name.
-──────𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋
─𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋───
Ash | She/Her | Equestrian
My life revolves around horses
ChevyTheQH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ckeesee7 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:57 am

Username: ckeesee7
Why are you joining: I LOVE chickens and literally any bird (so casting a vote was hard XD)
Favorite poultry bird: EVERYTHING
Other: I have 12 chickens back at home and one of my favs is a Buff Orpington named Goldy, she'll come up to me for hugs
ckeesee7

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SupermanIcecream » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:02 am

Username: Superman Ice-cream
Why are you joining: This website is the only one i’ve seen so far that lets you own chickens. How could i pass up on that?
Favorite poultry bird: White holland turkeys, Spanish black turkeys, slate turkeys, And many many more
Other: I’ve got 24 of my own chickens at home, mostly barnyard mixes and 7 bantams so i can’t say i ever formed a ‘favorite chicken breed’. Do got a favorite chicken though, my mutt Momo. She’s half ee/br, has the barred rock patterning with the easter egger muffs. She’s very snuggly and loving and gets jealous incredibly easy,
SupermanIcecream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:27 pm

This seems a bit ...asleep this forum?

No poultry owner anymore?

Did want to ask what calm,healthy chicken , small breed, you would say is good for new owner... and how often vaccinate and dewormed them, maybe someone owns some :)
Did think about orphington, brahma bantam, sebright, Belgian D'Anvers, olandsk dwarf....?
Not sure if we get some...
And do any of you use miscanthus straw/pellets bedding for them?

And....
Sure this question from ChevyTheQH is old.....but i have to ask....Epson salt? For a hurt fallen limping chicken...who does not react to owner.... :?: that ...makes no sense at all...why not get to your vet... :?: :!: :) the leg can be broken,or the head when it hit the ground so hard, it sounds not good...(sounds a bit like the mom in one of clickys video in a picture, who asked what essential oils,i think it was?, to use on her child who did fall and hit there head....makes no sense at all to me...)call atleast a vet/ doctor....
Not sure if the chicken in this story, is still alive... but i hope it did got help^-^

I understand not going for small scatches or tiny wounds, or things one can take care at home... like mites, but deeper or bigger wounds and animal who react strange, dont look well or did take a hit or fall... (or like Disreputable asked for ripped off toe nail.....) .....

....please go to vet, call vet to come to you or atleast call one to ask!!!
--> And till you get answer from your vet,or make a splint when think it brocken something ....clean wound,wrapp it and so on...keep warm ,watered and feed, possible in a clean cage on some towels...and watch it... but for everything what is right and human call atleast the vet to get answer ...if you should go see them, they come to you or if you can take care of it yourself and how to do it right.....
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChevyTheQH » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:39 am

Luzien wrote:-clip-
And....
Sure this question from ChevyTheQH is old.....but i have to ask....Epson salt? For a hurt fallen limping chicken...who does not react to owner.... :?: that ...makes no sense at all...why not get to your vet... :?: :!: :) the leg can be broken,or the head when it hit the ground so hard, it sounds not good...(sounds a bit like the mom in one of clickys video in a picture, who asked what essential oils,i think it was?, to use on her child who did fall and hit there head....makes no sense at all to me...)call atleast a vet/ doctor....
Not sure if the chicken in this story, is still alive... but i hope it did got help^-^

I understand not going for small scatches or tiny wounds, or things one can take care at home... like mites, but deeper or bigger wounds and animal who react strange, dont look well or did take a hit or fall... (or like Disreputable asked for ripped off toe nail.....) .....

....please go to vet, call vet to come to you or atleast call one to ask!!!
--> And till you get answer from your vet,or make a splint when think it brocken something ....clean wound,wrapp it and so on...keep warm ,watered and feed, possible in a clean cage on some towels...and watch it... but for everything what is right and human call atleast the vet to get answer ...if you should go see them, they come to you or if you can take care of it yourself and how to do it right.....

Hi there! This was a while ago when i newly had chickens, i had had them for about 2 1/2 years, we did not have a vet at all that would take poultry. My beloved hen who i spoke about unfortunatley passed away a day later. After some investigation we concluded that she suffered from a minor seizure earlier in the day which caused her to fall and later in the day suffered another more severe one which led to her passing. Oddly epson salt was recommended to me by a fellow owner whom i no longer get advice from. Now we have found a lovely poultry vet who has helped us greatly. She saved my hen earlier this year from her being egg bound. I will never forget how my mistakes led to the loss of my beloved best friend. I also now have a TLC crate in my basement for future (hopefully never) incidents. We also have a chicken first aide kit which stays near the tlc crate. The kit currently has vet wrap, gauze, various medications, calcium tablets, a syringe, scissors, popsicle sticks (for splinting), towels, antibacterial spray, mite spray, no bite blue goop (idk the real name), and a few other things.
-──────𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋
─𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋───
Ash | She/Her | Equestrian
My life revolves around horses
ChevyTheQH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me