Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Click if you ...

Are scared of them
9%
Would own one
60%
Have one
19%
Know anyone who has one?
13%

Total votes : 998

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Postby Naeco » Fri May 11, 2018 2:42 am

Wren, wrote:Here's the deal on pitbulls:

First of all, TRUE American Pit Bull Terriers now a days are pretty are. What you might think is a pit bull is most likely a BBM, or bully breed mix, like the American Bully or anything else with XL in front of it. Blue nose, Red Nose, Gator Mouth, none of those are actual pit bulls unless you are referring to the OFRN APBT. In general, I would never own a 'pitbull' because its most likely a massive combination of random bloodlines that people do no research on, they simply are looking for the 'baddest,' or biggest dog to breed to which is why most of the time you can't distinguish females from males. This practice is quite dangerous as it creates instability in the lines, creating a dangerous dog sometimes. Take a look at the Kimbo bloodline, plenty of people still breed to Kimbo dogs which is straight ignorance. The dogs in shelters? Not pit bulls. BBMs. Would I own an APBT purchased from a reputable breeder? Absolutely. Would I ever own a BBM? Definitely not, because the fact that "its all about how you raise them," is a huge and dangerous myth.

Most of this information is very true. APBTs are hard to find. They are much like malinois but have DA. The DA is due to an extremely high level of gameness. I would personally never own an APBT just like I would never own a Malinois or WL GSD: I would not be able to handle the responsibilities of those dogs. A BBM? I would only own one from the shelter; I would never purchase one from a "breeder".
Links
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3303502
MainThingaMajiger

Pets

Maple Creek
Naeco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cacti. » Wed May 23, 2018 4:55 am

I’ve lived around pit bulls for the majority of my short life I grew up with one names jake who died when I was 8 or 9, he was super sweet and he used to try to follow my brother onto the school bus. And about 2 years ago we got a new one she was supposed to be a border collie/lab mix but as she got older we were like she’s definitely a pit bull and we got a dna test and she is. Her name is piper and she’s just so sweet. I’ll be honest she is very jumpy and can be aggressive when playing and well.. she’s killed a rat or too. She tries to chase rabbits but I also have two cats which she never harms in anyway though if she saw a feral cat she’d probably case it so I think she knows that these cats are special? Also she’s super smart and just adorable sorry I love my puppy so much

a picture of piper

Image || © || Image

x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2 Zodiacs and 3
Malk element cats UFA

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hello, im Oliver
they/them
agender
asexual
panromantic
Follow my insta
@oliverdepression
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
Cacti.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spectacular. » Wed May 23, 2018 4:20 pm

First of all, TRUE American Pit Bull Terriers now a days are pretty are. What you might think is a pit bull is most likely a BBM, or bully breed mix, like the American Bully or anything else with XL in front of it. Blue nose, Red Nose, Gator Mouth, none of those are actual pit bulls unless you are referring to the OFRN APBT. In general, I would never own a 'pitbull' because its most likely a massive combination of random bloodlines that people do no research on, they simply are looking for the 'baddest,' or biggest dog to breed to which is why most of the time you can't distinguish females from males. This practice is quite dangerous as it creates instability in the lines, creating a dangerous dog sometimes. Take a look at the Kimbo bloodline, plenty of people still breed to Kimbo dogs which is straight ignorance. The dogs in shelters? Not pit bulls. BBMs. Would I own an APBT purchased from a reputable breeder? Absolutely. Would I ever own a BBM? Definitely not, because the fact that "its all about how you raise them," is a huge and dangerous myth.

Say it louder for those in the back please!
spectacular.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naeco » Wed May 23, 2018 11:53 pm

spectacular. wrote:

Say it louder for those in the back please!

Yells it out loud.
Links
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3303502
MainThingaMajiger

Pets

Maple Creek
Naeco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Thu May 31, 2018 1:29 am

I'm adopting a bully x dalmatian/lab mix on the weekend, assuming he gets along fine with my parents dog. I hate the reputation that bully breeds get because this dog is the sweetest dog I have ever met in my life. I can't wait to pick him up on Saturday <3

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonwing, » Thu May 31, 2018 10:25 am

my younger sisters friend has two pitbulls, Ruby and ice.
My dad won't let her visit her house anymore as my dad thinks pitties are very dangerous and also they walk around the house like a normal dog should.
My dad hates pit bulls, can't wait to get one when I'm older so I can drive him wrong :3
yeet yeet im dragonwing

i love to roleplay warrior cats
dragonwing,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:41 am

Gamora. wrote:
      I'm adopting a bully x dalmatian/lab mix on the weekend, assuming he gets along fine with my parents dog. I hate the reputation that bully breeds get because this dog is the sweetest dog I have ever met in my life. I can't wait to pick him up on Saturday <3

ohhh so it will not become a border like you did want first?
did you get him checked for hearing and if he is blind or could become one of both or is or is half bind or deaf?
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:59 am

Luzien wrote:
Gamora. wrote:

did you get him checked for hearing and if he is blind or could become one of both or is or is half bind or deaf?

What? I don't understnad what you're asking.

Anyways, I have him now and adopted him yesterday. He's a sweet boy and gets along with my parents dog fine! He's already sharpening his basics up. He's a good boy!! And the biggest cuddle bug.

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:41 am

Gamora. wrote:
Luzien wrote:
Gamora. wrote:

What? I don't understnad what you're asking.

Anyways, I have him now and adopted him yesterday. He's a sweet boy and gets along with my parents dog fine! He's already sharpening his basics up. He's a good boy!! And the biggest cuddle bug.

strange i really did think i remembered you did want to get a border...must be someone else ...bad memory it seems to be i tell you :lol:

the deaf or blind or not seeing on one eye, can happen very often with dalmatian and there mixes, with some it can be that they are partly or lightly deaf or blind, one often only sees it over time or when they react strange to comands or things even when they are normal most of the time. That is why i asked if he also was lucky to be fully healthy^^ nothing more.

great that he is sweet and looks like the right one for you.
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:38 pm

both can happen in this breed, .....but yes blindness is luckily not as often and very rare as they have enough roblems....
...it is because still to much inbreeding and massbreeding problem and use of sick dogs who have the gene...blindness is not as often but you can have a whole litter where most are deaf or part and one or two could have blindness too... i meet people who helped rescue 2 whole litter of 8 and 12 from backyard breeder ,where 4 where part blind and most where deaf or partly and one was both a albino puppy, i think it was trained with vibration collar for sign to be great family dog for some older Kids...when i remember it right, was only short meeting an talk while out on the trail some year back. there dog was partly deaf with blue and brown eye.

mostly there problem is as deafness, allergies and urinary stones. late teens, both males and females may suffer bone spurs and arthritic conditions. Autoimmune thyroiditis, , also hip dysplasia, livers have trouble breaking down uric acid, which can build up in the blood serum (hyperuricemia) causing gout. Uric acid can also be excreted in high concentration into the urine, causing kidney stones and bladder stones...
A genetic predisposition for deafness is a serious health problem for Dalmatians; only about 70% (mixed breeds too) have normal hearing.one or bothe ears or part hearing on both. :!:

Reputable breeders have their puppies BAER (Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response) tested to ensure the status of the hearing on their pups.

i once had a look at them as they where told to be nice riding companion, but they where to bad in healt and wrong character for our family and white dogs are also not the right ones...but they are nice dogs when you meet them as not so in the face as some other dogs,^^

it was very sad that the dalmatian backcross projects only in the uk worked but still has some trouble with kennel club...and dalmatian heritage project from Dr.Robert Schaible is the only line of breed worldwide who has breed out the defect who products the metabolic defect that can lead to urinary tract problems and when i read it right they also breed the more dark dalmatian who are less prone for deafness (also in mixe breeds)

so im happy that you got a healthy dog!
search this items:
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me