D: Poor cats.

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: D: Poor cats.

Postby gemini_girl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:38 pm

Well a shelter would be better...maybe look arounnd and see if there is a cat rescue group or a no kill shelter near you.
gemini_girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tide. » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:36 am

That's just AWFUL! My poor cat had to go through some of that, only she wasn't feral. She had lots of allergies and health problems and died in only 7 years of kidney failure. We had to feed her strange food and she started to not eat or drink. She had to stay in the veterinary hospital for a long 2 months with tubes in her little legs with fluid running into them... She just wouldn't drink so they had to pump fluid into her. She looked tired, sad, forlorn, and just ready to die. It was horrifying seeing her like that because that just wasn't the cat I knew. We then decided that she had suffered enough and put her to sleep. I didn't stop crying that day. She went up on feathered wings February 14th, and I have been grieving ever since then. She was an english breed, a cornish rex, and we got her from Roseric Cattery, if you guys want to check her out. Her name was Shimmer and she was the sweetest, kindest, most loving cat in the world. She would jump up and sleep on your lap, she would sleep with everyone in bed, she would play with us and make us laugh, and she was hypo-allergenic, meaning that if you were allergic to cats, you wouldn't be allergic to her because she had a bit less hair than a regular cat and also because of her genes. Now our house is the most empty place in the world. I miss her so much, and would never have made it through my toughest times without her. In my honest opinion, she is one of the most amazing cats I have EVER seen, because she persevered so much. :cry:

On the other topic... (I was just kind of trying to relate to the weird food part, srry :lol: ) That is just HORRIBLE! Definitely report those guys. That is sick and inhumane... They're just cats, for pete's sake! They have nowhere to go, nothing to do, so how do you expect them to be tame or trained to go or do something else? That's just wrong.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

"Cas. I know you're in there. I know you can hear me. Cas, it's me. We're family. We need you. I need you."

|| my tumblr ||
tide.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tazle » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:14 am

poor kitties! :cry: i love cats and i hate seeing them abused.

*EDIT: report the people doing this and possibley try to find a home for them.
tazle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sylverkestrel » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:06 am

Ah, yes... the old feral cat issue. Not fun; not fun at all.

I am a cat lover; we have over ten cats, quite a few of which are rescued ferals.

Though despite my love for cats, I am also a nature/wildlife lover and am very concerned for the ecosystem. With the feral cat population what it is, a lot of at risk song birds and moving closer and closer to becoming threatened or endangered. Where I live, it is a HUGE problem.

Cats, like rabbits, produce offspring at a rather alarming rate, and start reproducing rather young, which creates an immense surplus of cats. And even with non-feral cats, there is a huge demand for shelter space. Most places just cannot afford to keep these cats. And with a lot of adult feral cats that have fully reverted to their wild insticts, there is no way that they could be safely homed with people or other animals because they are so highly unpredictable.

It's a sad, sad scenario. D:

That's horrible though that these people are trying to POISON them. It would just be better for them to humanely trap them and get them to shelter to have them assesed; I'm sure that if these cats are used to human contact, a few of them could be socialized and rehomed. But for the ones that can't go up for adotion, at least they would be humanely euthanized versus dying a prolonged and agonizing death due to being poisoned.
sylverkestrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tricks » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:02 am

steppittee wrote:
Paranormal_Activity wrote:Aw. What the hell gives them the right to do somthing as cruel as putting poison in their food huh? I would see about getting a local animal shelter to possibly take them in, ya know?

(Sorry for the outburst. It just bother so much when people are so clueless. Animals are living things too! I mean how would they feel If I fed them mothballs, or poisoned food!?)

Exactly what i was thinking! you should contact your local RSPCA if you have one as well as the ploice, these peolpe should be punished.

Couldn't agree more ^^

i'm full of rats
inactive

tricks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ghostbears » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:38 am

God. Some people have no respect for the animals that share the earth with us.
Its really nice that you've been putting food out for them. You should try putting out a litter box too, so they wouldn't have to use the baseball field lol.
Ghostbears

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tricks » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:41 pm

Foxlightt wrote:God. Some people have no respect for the animals that share the earth with us.
Its really nice that you've been putting food out for them. You should try putting out a litter box too, so they wouldn't have to use the baseball field lol.

Yeah XD And thank you, I could'nt agree more. The only thing that reasurres me they will be okay are the Warriors series XD

i'm full of rats
inactive

tricks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mywashingtonromance » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:32 am

whoawoo4 wrote:Yeah, were not gonna do that caue people have tried to do that and they they don't get adopted :cry: And sometimes they get put to sleep D: Rawr,cat killers X.X

I would adopt them
mywashingtonromance

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tricks » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:02 am

I would too, if we didn't have three cats and a dog XD But sadly, because they were once feral people think they are mean and do not adopt them. It's a sad cycle.

i'm full of rats
inactive

tricks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kalli_O_Mali » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:43 am