What is your dream pet?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: What is your dream pet?

Postby mooney » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:03 am

Way-doo wrote:i really want a rat because they are very social and loving, and they would be very fun to train and hang out with i love the little squeaks they make hehehe but they need a lot of room to explore and stuff and big cages and my house isnt too big so thats a problem lol and i also have cats and dogs so i dont want to stress them out with them either haha

i've always wanted rats as well, for the same reasons as you mentioned! a social and loving pet, but my house is pretty small as well and i don't know if i have space for a large cage (nevermind if i can even afford it lol).

another animal i'd loove to have is ferrets, although i've read up on it quite a bit, and they need a lot of attention and exercise as they are very active animals (when they are awake that is, they apparently sleep a lot!). i've only owned cats my whole life and they have been pretty low maintenance and calm cats, so i don't know how the switch from calm cat to feral ferret would go! something for future me when i have a bigger house perchance

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.
just ur regular, confused
adult! she/they, norway,
pms are always open <3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
» So High School «
Taylor Swift
0:13 ─〇───── 3:35
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

mooney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What is your dream pet?

Postby KnittingKnots » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:50 pm

regulus black wrote:
    i've always wanted rats as well, for the same reasons as you mentioned! a social and loving pet, but my house is pretty small as well and i don't know if i have space for a large cage (nevermind if i can even afford it lol).

another animal i'd loove to have is ferrets, although i've read up on it quite a bit, and they need a lot of attention and exercise as they are very active animals (when they are awake that is, they apparently sleep a lot!). i've only owned cats my whole life and they have been pretty low maintenance and calm cats, so i don't know how the switch from calm cat to feral ferret would go! something for future me when i have a bigger house perchance

Yes! I have two ferrets, Pancake and Hank. When they are active, they are very active, otherwise they are fast asleep. They can be quite feral, LOL. I have good cord management and they've never bitten me so I keep them in my office (it is very large, and "office" is a stretch). They have a massive cage (two ferret nation cages next to each other, two tiers, think like 4 cages in a square) which is definitely excessive. They love to play in water they aren't supposed to (I have to use a timed release water device so I don't come home to otters) and love feet... in a murderous manner. Of course mine are huge cuddles (they're also massive! American ferrets tend to be much smaller than european ferrets due to mass breeding, but they're quite large) and they are both deaf with one being a wardy (waardenburg syndrome).

Anyway off of that rant, let me know if you have any questions! :D
In my case, I would love a skunk. They are very similar to ferrets except solitary (ferrets need a buddy 99% of the time for their health to avoid depression, they do not do well alone unless they have an injury/disease or are aggressive) and get the zoomies and do these little stomps. Just so cute.
ImageImage
ᴄᴏᴍᴍs © Image
𝙺𝚗𝚒𝚝 ✰ 𝚂𝚑𝚎/𝙷𝚎𝚛 ✰ 𝚂𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 ✰ 𝙰𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚝
──────────────────────────
𝙼𝚢 𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝙺𝚗𝚒𝚝, 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚐𝚎
𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝. 𝙳𝚒𝚐𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚊𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜. 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚊𝚗 𝙸𝙽𝙵𝙿. 𝙼𝚢
𝙳𝙼'𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚗. 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔
𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚒𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝙸 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝙸 𝚊𝚖
𝚗𝚘𝚝: 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚡𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜.
"𝙲𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏
T𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜,