Knock Out Dog Fighting *stop the abuse*

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Knock Out Dog Fighting *stop the abuse*

Postby Thomas Hickey » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi welcome to my forum on stopping dog abuse and dog fights please feel free to look and comment on things and add your own stories on what good things pits have done for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH99IKAog6c

http://knockoutdogfighting.org/about_dog_fighting.html
more info on this site

Dog fighting is a form of blood sport in which game dogs are made to fight, sometimes to the death. It is illegal in most developed countries. Dog fighting is used for entertainment and may also generate revenue from stud fees, admission fees and gambling.

never ever give away your dog or cat away under "Free to a Good home" Most of those cats or dogs become bait for dog fights.
some dog fights mainly use chihuahua's.

If a dog survives a dog fight as bait they are usually dumped out on the streets covered in bites cuts and scratches, scared tired and bleeding to death, some don't even make it.
Rules:

Keep images pg
this is about pitbulls and other dogs that have been used in dog fights and your opinion
respect others and don't hate their posts
no swearing
i have the right to ban you from my forum

banned- none right know keep it that way
Last edited by Thomas Hickey on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The Templars. Lee. The big man, Haytham. They 'as the money. They 'as the power. That's the reason I threw in with 'em. That's the ONLY reason. [...] They paid me so I said yes. Didn't bother to ask who or how or why. Didn't care."
―Thomas Hickey
Thomas Hickey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Knock Out Dog Fighting *stop the abuse*

Postby Germany! <3 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:24 pm

I can't even think about that happening to my dogs! I see pitbulls and other dogs at my pound and most are growling or happily lapping up your love. I mean I saw a boxer that was so cute calm and smart but of course my dad said "No his is going bite you!!" I am so sick of that no wonder the dogs are growling snarling people THEY HAVE BEEN HURT!!
In my right hand is a white flag
In my left hand is pasta! It's a flag-waving, flag-waving, flag-waving parade
To the captivating world, Andiamo!
When we join hands and form a circle we turn around the earth
With a shiny, leather boot in hand I'm at my best!Verde Bianco Rosso is my tricolore!
I won't be discouraged even if I get smacked!
Hetalia
Germany! <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thomas Hickey » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:39 pm

i agree no dog is a cruel creature it is the owner that is the cruel one forcing them to do bad things.
"The Templars. Lee. The big man, Haytham. They 'as the money. They 'as the power. That's the reason I threw in with 'em. That's the ONLY reason. [...] They paid me so I said yes. Didn't bother to ask who or how or why. Didn't care."
―Thomas Hickey
Thomas Hickey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ourpawprints » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Its so horrible how when you go to the pound almost nobody adopts pit bulls because they are considered "aggressive beasts". News flash, pit bulls are nicknamed the nanny dog for being so good with children, being tolerant and kindhearted; many pit bulls owners say that putting aside the stereo type pit bulls actually make awful guard dogs because if someone were to break in they would be more likely go up to the person and lick them then try to stop them. But some people basically decided; "Hmm, pit bulls seem kinda strong. Why don't we use them in dog fighting and cause millions to be killed just because of a stupid reputation with little to no facts behind it?" /ends rant
"You shout it out,
But I can't hear a word you say
I'm talking loud not saying much
I'm criticized but all your bullets ricochet
You shoot me down, but I get up

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium"
-David Guetta Titanium

Between school, my pets, homework, art and life I have not been able to get on cs often, so please don't be surprised if I'm not very active.
Ourpawprints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thomas Hickey » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Those who use pit bulls in dog fights are those with anger issues or financial issues and use dog fighting as a way of getting money and to relieve their anger
―Thomas Hickey
Thomas Hickey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Germany! <3 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:29 pm

It's not just pitbulls though most dogs are mutts strays. Have you guys read "Flawed Dogs"? http://www.berkeleybreathed.com/index.html
With a shiny, leather boot in hand I'm at my best!Verde Bianco Rosso is my tricolore!
Hetalia
Germany! <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ourpawprints » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:06 pm

yes, but pit bulls get there horrible reputation because dog fighters use them most, and because people believe anything they hear, failing to do research to see if it is really true. (ex. person 1 "Pit bulls have locking jaws!" person two "OMG thats awful" *does some actual research* person 2 "you do realize pit bulls jaw structure is no different then that of any breed?")
"You shout it out,
But I can't hear a word you say
I'm talking loud not saying much
I'm criticized but all your bullets ricochet
You shoot me down, but I get up

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium"
-David Guetta Titanium

Between school, my pets, homework, art and life I have not been able to get on cs often, so please don't be surprised if I'm not very active.
Ourpawprints

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dakonic » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Actually the nanny dog nickname originated with Staffies, bit of a sugar coating myth that it's applied to APBTs. ;)

ourpawprints wrote:But some people basically decided; "Hmm, pit bulls seem kinda strong. Why don't we use them in dog fighting and cause millions to be killed just because of a stupid reputation with little to no facts behind it?" /ends rant

Actually.. Pit Bulls were developed specifically for dog fighting. Or more so they were created by dog fighting. Long ago, 1800s, early 1900s, dog fighting was like a national pastime.

When Bull baiting was outlawed in England, dog fighting became popular, although illegal it was easier to hide. Bulldogs that had been used for bullbaiting didn't have as much endurance so they started crossing terriers in. Then you get the "Bull and Terriers" whom were what their name suggests, combining the power, drive, and endurance. Bull and Terriers were shipped to the US for dog fighting, where they became a type, and started to be registered under the UKC as the American Pit Bull Terrier. Actually, when the registry first popped up it was specific to APBTs and required they win 3 fights before being registered.

Your friendly neighborhood correctional machine.
Image Dakonic German Shepherds
Dakonic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sadies » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:36 am

Not all pets given away free are sent to the fights. In fact most animals used as bait are either stolen, strays or bred.

I am highly against all blood sports. Animal fighting being one of my main hates. It is a cruel sport that needs to be stopped! Luckily in Pitt is illegal which means that dog fighting has been lessened quiet a lot however I don't see why the pitts have to be stereotyped evil because of the cruel people but at least it keeps dogs safe from the fights.
Sorry for my slow response time on RP's. My new job steals ALL my time. :(

xxxxx

Sadies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Germany! <3 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:46 am

Dakonic wrote:Actually the nanny dog nickname originated with Staffies, bit of a sugar coating myth that it's applied to APBTs. ;)

ourpawprints wrote:But some people basically decided; "Hmm, pit bulls seem kinda strong. Why don't we use them in dog fighting and cause millions to be killed just because of a stupid reputation with little to no facts behind it?" /ends rant

Actually.. Pit Bulls were developed specifically for dog fighting. Or more so they were created by dog fighting. Long ago, 1800s, early 1900s, dog fighting was like a national pastime.

When Bull baiting was outlawed in England, dog fighting became popular, although illegal it was easier to hide. Bulldogs that had been used for bullbaiting didn't have as much endurance so they started crossing terriers in. Then you get the "Bull and Terriers" whom were what their name suggests, combining the power, drive, and endurance. Bull and Terriers were shipped to the US for dog fighting, where they became a type, and started to be registered under the UKC as the American Pit Bull Terrier. Actually, when the registry first popped up it was specific to APBTs and required they win 3 fights before being registered.

Yes! Boston Terriers! {I have one} They have been breed down.
Hetalia
Germany! <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me