Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby kolechia » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:23 pm

When my dog was a puppy and we took him for walks we had people come up to us and try to buy him off us-

Like lmao no who does this?? I get he is cute but we brought him we our money, he is OUR dog, get your own!
xxx
.✦ Charlie - He/They - Adult ✦.

.✦ There's No Night Without Stars ✦.

Hello! I don't tend to use this site much anymore but I'll still pop on every now and then. I hope to make some new friends regardless.
xxx
kolechia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:15 pm

Clover-palette wrote:
    When my dog was a puppy and we took him for walks we had people come up to us and try to buy him off us-

Like lmao no who does this?? I get he is cute but we brought him we our money, he is OUR dog, get your own!

Really?! Gosh.... That is very rude, especially when you don't even know that person! We found a stray one time and were taking care of him. My mother didn't want him though so if someone said he's so cute or I wish we could get a dog like him, I wold say "want him? My mom doesn't want him, he was a stray." Of course, I was partially joking but also being serious and they would just laugh. We let a nice family adopt him from us, and I am sure he is still alive.

I absolutely hate it when people pick up my cat, my mom usually has clients over and I am someplace else.. They'll take off his collar, feed him, and maybe even chase him...
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clarrissa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:35 am

When my old cat went out, the neighbours would always try to pick him up, feed him, take him into their house and just generally chase him around.
It was the most irritating thing ever because he was my cat and honestly if you like cats so much you should just get your own, there are so many out there who need adopting. It was even worse when he began gaining way too much weight to the point it was unhealthy. I really wanted to help him but when I didn't know how much he'd eaten I couldn't decide how much to deduct from the food I was giving him.

Thankfully the neighbours moved away so the cat I have now doesn't face the same problems. He isn't very out-doorsy either which is great because I don't have to worry so much about his safety with traffic and the like c:
ImageImageImage
Hi! I'm Clara
Feel free to message me any time or send me a trade c:
Thank you to toffee~ for drawing my cat Tadpole <3
and LarryTheDrunkLamp for the cute dog in the art above (:
I'm Christian and believe in God, Jesus Christ His Son and the Holy Spirit.
95% of teens won't stand up for God.
Put this in your sig if you are one of the 5% of teens who will.

Ostlea Lair
DC Scroll

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 31 people.
I have received 20 gifts.

Clarrissa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:51 am

Clarrissa wrote:When my old cat went out, the neighbours would always try to pick him up, feed him, take him into their house and just generally chase him around.
It was the most irritating thing ever because he was my cat and honestly if you like cats so much you should just get your own, there are so many out there who need adopting. It was even worse when he began gaining way too much weight to the point it was unhealthy. I really wanted to help him but when I didn't know how much he'd eaten I couldn't decide how much to deduct from the food I was giving him.

Thankfully the neighbours moved away so the cat I have now doesn't face the same problems. He isn't very out-doorsy either which is great because I don't have to worry so much about his safety with traffic and the like c:

If you let your cat outside unsupervised, or any animal for that matter, you run these risks. If he is off of your property and not being supervised people may assume he's a stray or think the owner doesn't mind. If you don't like people playing with/feeding your cat you should keep it inside or take it outside on a leash only. This also minimizes the risk of cars, wild animals, disease, etc.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:56 am

Delted, just cause.
Last edited by Winstalgia on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clarrissa » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:16 am

Larkspur wrote:
Clarrissa wrote:When my old cat went out, the neighbours would always try to pick him up, feed him, take him into their house and just generally chase him around.

If you let your cat outside unsupervised, or any animal for that matter, you run these risks. If he is off of your property and not being supervised people may assume he's a stray or think the owner doesn't mind. If you don't like people playing with/feeding your cat you should keep it inside or take it outside on a leash only. This also minimizes the risk of cars, wild animals, disease, etc.

These people lived right next door so they knew he was my cat. And I don't know if you've owned cats before? But some cats (my old cat included) will sit at your back door and howl for hours on end until you let them out. If I'd been able to keep him in like I can with Tadpole, I would have. It's a real dilemma because although some cats are happy to stay inside all day, playing with toys, other cats will insist on going outside ;-;
ImageImageImage
Hi! I'm Clara
Feel free to message me any time or send me a trade c:
Thank you to toffee~ for drawing my cat Tadpole <3
and LarryTheDrunkLamp for the cute dog in the art above (:
I'm Christian and believe in God, Jesus Christ His Son and the Holy Spirit.
95% of teens won't stand up for God.
Put this in your sig if you are one of the 5% of teens who will.

Ostlea Lair
DC Scroll

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 31 people.
I have received 20 gifts.

Clarrissa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:56 am

People tend to be very eager to interact with my bird when they come over and see him. He's very flighty and nervous around strangers so it's pretty annoying to have to tell someone not to stick their fingers in his cage or try to touch him. I understand why they do it, though. Birds are cool and I'd probably do the same if I didn't have a bird and wasn't educated on how to handle them.
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SableShine » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:00 am

My dog's name is Starbuck.

"Oh, you must really like coffee, huh?"

Never heard THAT one before! *grinds teeth*
ForUM is the place you are reading this. A foRM is a set of questions you fill out.
SableShine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexi<3 » Mon May 08, 2017 10:04 am

I had mm like 7 rabbits, i let some kids play with them. They asked if they could feed them cotton candy and i said no, it might hurt them. And guess what, they were all dead in the next few days. Reason? Cotton candy.
╔═══════════════════════╗
Hello! Call me Lexi.
Pronouns are she/her
Feel free to trade me<3
I love birds.-- I'm a parakeet breeder with around 30 of them.
Need help with budgies? Ask me. Ive owned them for 7+ years.
soon to be cockatiel breeder

╚═══════════════════════╝

Lexi<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RainbowFuzz » Mon May 08, 2017 2:22 pm

When ever someone finds out I have rats I'm always eager to show them and tell them what great pets they are, however when ever I give someone one of them to hold (And this doesn't happen all the time) they'll hold them really tightly, like squishing them against their chest, Clam down they're not going to jump out of your arms! Also one of my four rats is very nervous around strangers and can even sometimes become scared with me (I have to be very slow and quiet around him) and I hate it when people just reach into the cage to get him, causing him to run away and hide. Sometimes I wish he wasn't so handsome haha

Hey there! My name is Rainbowfuzz
but feel free to call me Rainbow. I love warrior cat
RP's, reading fiction, long walks and support #Adoptdontshop #EndBSL
#Bantaildocking #Banearcropping
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Proud dog mum to two beautiful babies,
Cooper the 3-year-old red bridle ex-racing greyhound
and Rocky the 8-month-old Whippet kelpie mix.
Feel free to PM me about anything doggy, I'd
love to chat! xx
RainbowFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me