Dog Owner Chat v3 ~Open!~

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v3 ~Open!~

Postby IQuit;; » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:25 am

Shadow~Wolf wrote:Sage is also teething :c

So is Kaiser
i've quit cs.
IQuit;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kasper » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:30 am

Kyotachi wrote:
    My Min Pin Xander has Parvo. We caught it extremely early, so they're hopeful that he'll pull through, but it still really sucks. We couldn't afford to leave him there for treatment since the cost would be well over $400 so we're treating him at home, which still costed a little over $200. I've got a problem though, and I'm hoping someone on here can help? Nothing medical wise of course, I know asking isn't allowed! The vet said to bleach everything that Xander has come in contact with, and this is where my problem is. He tends to sleep with me at night, and I sleep in the living room on a leather couch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't bleach ruin the leather?? If so, is there anything else that I can use on the couch to clean it, without damaging it? I personally don't care if it gets damaged, but that sofa is like my fathers prized possession and he'd kill me if I ruined it.

Bleach is corrosive to leather, and will turn the leather yellow and gummy.
    I would use a leather-safe cleaner instead, and clean thoroughly. Murphy's Oil Soap is great, but if you don't have access to it, I've heard of using a tiny amount of dish soap - but then again, I've never tried the dish soap. I use the oil soap on my boots, which are leather.
    When using a new leather cleaner, make sure to always test it on a small area first where it won't be seen if things go horribly wrong.
    I hope Xander recovers as soon as possible!
Kasper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:19 am

Saracirce wrote:Child proof locks on the cabinets?

shes not going to do that. we just got back from the vet and scout is medicated again along with him wanting one of his trainers that work there to have one on one sessions with him to get rid of the habit so my mom has to give her a call. I hope all this works for her and him. he's on fluoxetine and we have to give him two pills once a day. he'll most likely be in the apartment tonight or tomorrow depending on if we get everything moved. my mom is flip flopping a lot but she said if this works, she'll be keeping him. I hope it does.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby akuma <3 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:48 am

cardigan wrote:
    Kyotachi wrote:
    My Min Pin Xander has Parvo. We caught it extremely early, so they're hopeful that he'll pull through, but it still really sucks. We couldn't afford to leave him there for treatment since the cost would be well over $400 so we're treating him at home, which still costed a little over $200. I've got a problem though, and I'm hoping someone on here can help? Nothing medical wise of course, I know asking isn't allowed! The vet said to bleach everything that Xander has come in contact with, and this is where my problem is. He tends to sleep with me at night, and I sleep in the living room on a leather couch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't bleach ruin the leather?? If so, is there anything else that I can use on the couch to clean it, without damaging it? I personally don't care if it gets damaged, but that sofa is like my fathers prized possession and he'd kill me if I ruined it.

Bleach is corrosive to leather, and will turn the leather yellow and gummy.
    I would use a leather-safe cleaner instead, and clean thoroughly. Murphy's Oil Soap is great, but if you don't have access to it, I've heard of using a tiny amount of dish soap - but then again, I've never tried the dish soap. I use the oil soap on my boots, which are leather.
    When using a new leather cleaner, make sure to always test it on a small area first where it won't be seen if things go horribly wrong.
    I hope Xander recovers as soon as possible!

Horseman's one step works spectacularly. I use it on my horses bridle and saddles, which are all leather.
Image ๐šŠ๐š”๐šž๐š–๐šŠ ~ โ™ก Image
she/her - adult -
x | x | x
akuma <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keletheryl » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:49 am

I think in the future i'd like to breed some sort of dog.
I'm not sure what kind yet; I've always wanted to breed huskies but I have a love for pit bulls.

Either way, I'd obviously make sure to do it properly and for the better of the breed.

If I was to breed huskies I'd want to breed them as working dogs, of course they'd probably end up as pets but they'd have the potential to be working dogs if anybody wanted one.

For the pit bulls, I'd want to make sure to help breed the "aggression out of them". To help the breed become more like companion dogs and less of fighting dogs. I would love to help out in that way.
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•ญโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ•ฎ
โ€ข Stamps โ€ข

โ•ฐโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ•ฏ
โ•ญโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ•ฎ
โ€ข Credit โ€ข
NebulaWolf
โ•ฐโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ•ฏ
โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
โ•ญโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ•ฎ
โ€ข Bio โ€ข
Hello! My name is Keletheryl. I love
all things fantasy or mythological. I
live in Canada, BC! I am an animal
lover and own lots of pets! See you
around!

โ•ฐโ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ•ฏ

โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘
โ•‘