Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby 86Eternity » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:07 pm

Narnian wrote:

• xxxMy dog is a Rhodesian ridgeback mix, likely with a good amount of boxer as well, but because of her distinctive head shape, many people mistake her to be a pit bull. I'm assuming this is the reason for this particular encounter. While we were in the vet's waiting room, sitting quietly and minding our own business, out of the blue someone looked at her and commented, "It's a vicious one!" I didn't respond, but they kept giving her nasty looks until we left.
    xxxIt would be a bit understandable to call a snarling/snapping/lunging dog "vicious", but she was just sitting there calmly as I pet her, without even a trace of aggressive behavior or body language.

I have a similar problem with my dog Kito. He's about the size of a large Labrador (No surprise he's a staffie x lab) and has a brindled coat. He's got the staffie head shape and for some reason people think he's a pitbull. I live in the UK and pitbull are banned (I don't see why, they're just dogs). People constantly avoid me or scoop up their children as they walk past. However Kito is aggressive towards some dogs, so I am rightfully cautious. It's irritating when I've put him on lead and a dog comes charging up to me when the owner is further away. He's a vocal dog and has a loud bark, so when he does lunge at the dog who is off lead its 'automatically my fault'.
He's completely fine with people though and gets along fine with some other dogs (my friends staffie for example.)
You encounter a loud British man.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[Say hi]
[Not today]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

86Eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 86Eternity » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:20 pm

Guys, this is getting a little heated. I don't mean to mini mod but why don't we move the topic on? We don't want the thread locked by the mods or anything. Let's just move on from this.
You encounter a loud British man.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[Say hi]
[Not today]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

86Eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jealousy Empress » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:28 pm

I agree with you there keema. I'm honestly not sure why we're arguing over a dog you've said is aggressive yourself. Moving on.
──🌸────
Hi! i'm Laurentia,
a panromantic asexual
Demi-girl with a love
for pugs, steven universe
and Angels. i'm nearly
always open to role-
play, PM me if you want
to do a 1x1. i'm a mod
on SU artists amino
as Lapis_lazuli JSYK!

────🌸──
link ● link ● 🌸
Jealousy Empress

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luke & Daisy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:07 am

Why are you feeding your cats (insert brand) that food! The brand that I feed them was selected based upon when I had a much older kitty that was part Maine Coon - a rescue that specializes in that breed was always asking for that brand so I figured that there was something about the food/company that prompted the rescue to ask for it specifically for the very large kitties that they rescued. Quite frankly, it is the high protein content for a dry food added to the fact that it is grain free. My cats thrive on it and my vet remarks about how healthy they look when brought in for their checkup. The food is not easy to find, but is becoming more available locally - so the demand is growing.
Luke & Daisy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gremlin » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:37 pm

When someone opens the door I told them not to open and that literally says "DO NOT OPEN DANGEROUS DOG INSIDE" and then I have to run and grab the dog before he bites someone. We tell people don't open that, and I turn around for one second and this person, who is by the way able to read and understand things, decided "Oh well lemme just open the door that you said had a crazy dog behind it"
Hail to the king baby, hail to the king
Discord: Gremlin#1080
gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gaycko » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:45 pm

My neighbor has two labs, a recently adopted year old lab mix, friendliest thing ever when I.first met her, but she's left outside and not really given attention three times she's gotten out and gone after 5 people, kids, me and other dogs. Today I went out in my yard and the dog.almost bit me, almost kicked it in the face if it got closer and I love animals. But people that let their dogs do whatever peeve me. Dogs should never be off leash unless:
-your dog is trained and I mean TRAINED to be off leash and has no problems but you should easily be able to restrain your dog and only if you're in a place it's allowed
-your yard if your dog won't go after anything unless on your property
-my dog gets a ten foot dash kffeash to my house of no one is around because she knows commands.

I just hate.people that can't control their dogs or think because their dog 's nice can ran around or approach another dog without asking.
Formerly Seven of Sushi!
Call me Red or Seven please if just chatting casually
Adult/Male
He/him/his
🏳️‍🌈
Gaycko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ahahawaitwhat » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:53 pm

I hate it when people come over to our house and repeatedly pick up our rabbits by the ears. Just because they're sticking up, it doesn't mean you get to grab at them and literally lift the rabbit off the ground. It hurts and their ears are really sensitive. And it doesn't help that my mom does it too. How would you feel if I suddenly scrunched your ear up and hauled you off the ground while you were minding your own business? Oh I'm sure you won't mind that right? right?
owning thousands of pets and neglecting them to the point where you forget that some of them exist is definitely legal
ahahawaitwhat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sylverion » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:27 am

Anytime people find out I have sheep, most of them often instantly make jokes about them being food or that they'll be tasty. It's infuriating! I know they're livestock but they're my pets and you will not imply you're going to eat them, thankyouverymuch!
Sylverion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolffdogg » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:06 pm

When I walk my wolfdog people run away, scream or try to kick it :/ Like umm dats not an actual wolf bro... If you actually do kick animal like u wanna fight?
I quit :(
wolffdogg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:29 pm

When people pet my dog without asking. If we're out in public like at a park or something then it's fine and she'll love the attention, but if we're in the middle of nowhere and you try to pet her with no introduction she will bite and you bet your ass it'll hurt. She never has bitten but it's easy to tell when a dog really is serious about biting. She's my protection when I'm alone.
When people enter my yard despite the closed gate and huge "BEWARE OF DOG" sign. There's only been two idiots who have done this and they were lucky that someone was outside. If you go into my yard like that then anything that happens is your own fault. The gate is closed, DO NOT OPEN IT.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me