LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby //Kitty cat » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:49 pm

@Spotenya, have you tried using craigslist or similar sites? If there are no rabbits in shelters right now then my second option is looking online. Rabbits that people can't take care of usually have a smaller price, may come with the cage and toys and will probably end up in a shelter if no one else wants them.
Last edited by //Kitty cat on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

────── ARD A ─
▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓

linkkkkkk
✶ linkkkkkk
linkkkkkk
✶ linkkkkkk
linkkkkkk
✶ linkkkkkk

──────────────────── ───

OF
OF
▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓

─── ────────────────────
──────────────────── ───

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ © ▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
▓▓
────────────────
I'm Lewis! (he/him)
EDS Warrior and SD Handler
-Not online often
Please be patient with
trades and messages!

────────────────
COLLECTION OF

─── ───────────────

▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓
//Kitty cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotenya » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:35 am

//Kitty cat wrote:
[center]@Spotenya, have you tried using craigslist or similar sites? If there are no rabbits in shelters right now then my second option is looking online. Rabbits that people can't take care of usually have a smaller price, may come with the cage and toys and will probably end up in a shelter if no one else wants them.
[/center]

I've tried looking through websites to see if any rabbits are up for adoption :) This would probably be my first time if I actually did own a rabbit but before that I have to consider a lot of things such as finances, bunny housing, bunny proofing, enrichment, nutrition, litter box training and so forth. Since I can be busy most of the times, I have to make sure I have the time to actually take care of another pet at home.
Hey there, I'm Spotenya!
I am a in training biologist
and have an irrational love for biology, and greek mythology.
Come and support the amazing Spotsy's Animal Shelter where pets are waiting for a good home.

I have Helminthophobia, astrapophobia, Acrophobia

Spotenya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Laark » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:29 am

Spotenya wrote:I really wanted a pet rabbit but they're pretty expensive. I was planning to go for adoption but there are no rabbits left.. so I have to wait for a few more months or maybe a year to see if there are any unwanted rabbits coming in. But I know Zeus my little boy gets along with most of the animals he sees, so it wouldn't be any problem with both a dog and a rabbit at home.

well, Easter is coming up. you may have some luck finding unwanted Easter bunnies then?
hey there, Im Laark, I am an adult player. I had baby number 2 on March 15, 2024 and will be absent from many games for a bit.
howrse / Lioden side / lioden main / wolvden/ feel free to add me on any!
Laark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spotenya » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Laark wrote:
Spotenya wrote:I really wanted a pet rabbit but they're pretty expensive. I was planning to go for adoption but there are no rabbits left.. so I have to wait for a few more months or maybe a year to see if there are any unwanted rabbits coming in. But I know Zeus my little boy gets along with most of the animals he sees, so it wouldn't be any problem with both a dog and a rabbit at home.

well, Easter is coming up. you may have some luck finding unwanted Easter bunnies then?

True, I noticed many people would buy rabbits as Easter decoration and soon dump them into shelters because they have no time to take care of them. This is insane really, i bet the shelters will soon filled up with unwanted rabbits because of this.
Hey there, I'm Spotenya!
I am a in training biologist
and have an irrational love for biology, and greek mythology.
Come and support the amazing Spotsy's Animal Shelter where pets are waiting for a good home.

I have Helminthophobia, astrapophobia, Acrophobia

Spotenya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jingle bells. » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:34 pm

Ok, so today I brought my bunny out of his cage to exercise. He was hopping around and then out of nowhere he thumped his back leg on the ground. I just wanted to see what would happen if I slapped my hand on the floor as a reply, and guess what? He thumped again.
This went on back and forth between the two of us for about two minutes before he just stopped and wandered over to me and started curiously checking me out.
Just a funny little story I wanted to tell. c:
jingle bells.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magicians » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:23 am

I have 2 rabbits! I've got a very large bunny Cecil. He's my baby boy and recently I got him a girlfriend. Her name is Sadie and she's a mini Rex. I'm not entirely sure what Cecil is but I've had for 3 years so he's about 5. Sadie just turned one last summer.
ImageImage
Magicians

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autumnlp99 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:00 pm

Meet my new tortoiseshell dutch!
She's 15 weeks old and from a very lovely breeder, her name is Banshee and is now bonded with Omen, my other new unidentified breed baby~
Still need to post a pic of Omen, but, just thought I'd share because she's 100% adorable
Will be getting another bun next week actually, so I'm very excited about that, I'm going to one of my favorite locally owned pet store's to pick out another lionhead or rex female
Hey everyone! You can call me Autumn! I love to collect and trade!

Autumnlp99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Hi guys! I'm currently looking after my friend's rabbit for 7 weeks now, and I'm thinking of maybe buying a bunny soon! My friend said our 2 rabbits can breed, but if I'm not mistaken, I think females can develop a cancer if not spayed? Am I correct? Is it okay to not spay a female rabbit? Please answer! Post/PM please
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autumnlp99 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:57 am

LeiaWolfe wrote:Hi guys! I'm currently looking after my friend's rabbit for 7 weeks now, and I'm thinking of maybe buying a bunny soon! My friend said our 2 rabbits can breed, but if I'm not mistaken, I think females can develop a cancer if not spayed? Am I correct? Is it okay to not spay a female rabbit? Please answer! Post/PM please

I really wouldn't recommend breeding, there are so many buns up for adoption out there that need homes, plus are you able to afford an emergency C-section, would you want to risk your baby possibly dying?
It can get very expensive, I highly would not recommend breeding for pretty much anyone out there besides actual breeders looking to better the species, and are breeding for a proper goal and not just because of "oh hey cute baby rabbits" or because you just want more buns.
Are you prepared to keep all of the babies if none get taken/sold, and you prepared to nurse and care for all the kits if the mother rejects them?

Also,
There is a risk of cancer in unspayed females and males, but spaying is completely your choice, there are benefits from it such as not risking possible cancer, them not being able to breed, I personally recommend it to anyone looking to just keep rabbits as pets rather than for breeding.
Hey everyone! You can call me Autumn! I love to collect and trade!

Autumnlp99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:50 pm

Leafy. wrote:
LeiaWolfe wrote:Hi guys! I'm currently looking after my friend's rabbit for 7 weeks now, and I'm thinking of maybe buying a bunny soon! My friend said our 2 rabbits can breed, but if I'm not mistaken, I think females can develop a cancer if not spayed? Am I correct? Is it okay to not spay a female rabbit? Please answer! Post/PM please

I really wouldn't recommend breeding, there are so many buns up for adoption out there that need homes, plus are you able to afford an emergency C-section, would you want to risk your baby possibly dying?
It can get very expensive, I highly would not recommend breeding for pretty much anyone out there besides actual breeders looking to better the species, and are breeding for a proper goal and not just because of "oh hey cute baby rabbits" or because you just want more buns.
Are you prepared to keep all of the babies if none get taken/sold, and you prepared to nurse and care for all the kits if the mother rejects them?

Also,
There is a risk of cancer in unspayed females and males, but spaying is completely your choice, there are benefits from it such as not risking possible cancer, them not being able to breed, I personally recommend it to anyone looking to just keep rabbits as pets rather than for breeding.

Hi! I agree, as it was not actually my choice saying that my [future rabbit] and her rabbit could breed, it was her. I think I would like to spay my [future rabbit], and maybe I could ask her (though her choice), to neuter her rabbit, I've heard they usually make good companions with a spayed and neutered female and male. :)
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me