Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby Imzadi83 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Taiger Lilly wrote:My vet requires payment upfront too. They say it helps keep their costs lower because they don't have to worry about collecting money etc. There are special credit cards you can get for financing vet care such as Pet Card and Care Credit.

I have CareCredit for Chloe and love it, I use it every time I go to the vet. Both her regular vet and her cardiologist take it. It also saved me from having to borrow money from my parents when I had to have some of my wisdom teeth removed.

I also got her pet insurance and am glad I did as well. Of course with insurance it's only worthwhile if you get it before something bad happens.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Thor is going in for surgery first thing tomorrow morning.
Temp taken at the time we left was at 103.9.
He's going to be fine post surgery.
I have a picture of the x-ray taken at Banfield.

See the white spot?
That's it. That's the rock.

Jammed right in the beginning of his small intestine.
It moved when we got to the other clinic.

Since we went to another clinic, which is doing the surgery we were quoted for at 1,500-1,800 for 1,000 and they have a really good everything? They're gonna take care of my boy.
Looking at a decent recovery time, and he should be back to normal when he gets to the point of not being kenneled anymore.

We got home without Thor, and Lilly immediately started looking for him when we got home.

It's been a very long and very emotional day.
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby smol panda » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:48 pm

Skysong wrote:Thor is going in for surgery first thing tomorrow morning.

See the white spot?

Since we went to another clinic, which is doing the surgery we were quoted for at 1,500-1,800 for 1,000 and they have a really good everything? They're gonna take care of my boy.
Looking at a decent recovery time, and he should be back to normal when he gets to the point of not being kenneled anymore.

We got home without Thor, and Lilly immediately started looking for him when we got home.

Oh my I hope the best for you and your dog <3
smol panda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Skysong wrote:Thor is going in for surgery first thing tomorrow morning.

See the white spot?

Wishing Thor a easy surgery and speedy recovery.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:24 pm

@Skysong, Oh man, I'm so glad you found a vet to take care of him. Hope he gets well soon!

-

I'm training these two dogs while their owner is out of town. I love working with dogs other than JJ and Pete, I'm learning how to work with these dogs different personalities and it's great. The GSD is named Toby. He's a rescue, and he's a little neurotic, but he's a good dog. He always has to be moving, so I'm training him to weave through my legs and spin in circles. The Anatolian mix in the back is named Kona, she's huge but she's also very sensitive. She isn't as eager to move, so I'm teaching her to lay down and stay. I hope once that foundation is set they can move out of their comfort zones with their owner ^-^
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:39 pm

Cute stray that showed up at my house today. Super skittish, wouldn't let me touch him, but after a while I had to chase him away because he was trying to jump the fence and get to Spade.

Vashti bleps.

Gah, she's so cute it's hard for me to say no to her. Not that I ever do....lol.

☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:23 am

Update on Thor!

He's just gotten out of surgery and the vet called.
They pulled stuffing from a few squeaky toys out as well as a rock the size of a small egg.

But they ended up getting the absolute best scenario.
Single incision in his intestines, remove rock, milk whatever else is in there out and only have him under for about an hour and a half at the most.
But!! He's doing just fine post-op and will be coming home tomorrow around noon.

Leash walk outings, and controlled food amounts for a few weeks though.

Of all the things that he could have eaten and passed though.
A Rock.

For some reason all I'm thinking of it that Charlie brown clip This one

I'm so happy, it's been a very emotional ride the past couple pf days.
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:25 am

So Loki’s thanksgiving mini photoshoot will include Skiler if any of you remember the other dachshund from a while ago. we’re trying to get photos of the two of them again since he’s been diagnosed with cancer and no longer wants to move his left front paw. he’s around 11-12 years old. last time loki saw him he was around a year old i think. can’t do much since he doesn’t move much anymore. known the old pup for over five years now. it’s just sad he’s so sweet.

also i found this on my phone and cried a little. almost three years without her. Image
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:57 pm

Aw, I can’t wait to see! So sorry about Skiler though, poor baby!

Stupid face apparently has some drive for disc! She has never had enough drive for a toy or disc to actually hold on while I tugged back, much less actually held on while I swung her around lol. Sticks are the only thing she really goes nuts for, but apparently she’s starting to build some drive for disc too! So excited to keep building it and working with her!

Chewie on the other hand, dumb dog managed to puncture his foot between his toes in the like 3 minutes he was outside last night. Not liking the look of it tonight, but we will see what it looks like tomorrow and go from there. May be going to the vet Friday if it looks any worse.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby auroraboreal » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:05 pm

hi there, first time posting here!!
just wanted to make a tiny post about my little mutt, maybe get opinions on what he could be? ;0; I've had him for about, 7 years now and he loves hunting the mice that live in my house!!
Attachments
FB_IMG_1502585913015.jpg
this is Kendall
FB_IMG_1502585913015.jpg (74.94 KiB) Viewed 74 times
a super duper special thank you to everyone that has ever gifted me! each and every one of you have individually made my day/night every time ive received one and i love you!!

she/her
20 something years old
United States
very awkward, very spontaneous
auroraboreal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me