Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? V.4

Postby darwins » Fri May 17, 2024 10:05 am

ChevyTheQH wrote:hello! i just discovered this thread! Im Ash and I have one horse named Bitsy who is a bay qh mare that i barrel race with. She was a cow horse for quite some time before i got her and we are working on some jumping just for fun

i love your sig
darwins

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Little Intro

Postby Skyet » Fri May 31, 2024 12:25 am

Hey there, thought I would do a little intro as I've never really been one for posting anywhere outside the RP forums and lurking on others :lol:

I've worked as a live-in groom/yard manager now for three years for the same woman since I graduated from my undergrad (BSc (Hons) Animal Health and Welfare) and while studying for a Masters in Animal Nutrition. While doing my undergrad, I did a placement year working at a livery and rehabilitation yard run by an Irish Paralympian (dressage).

Horses have always been a passion of mine, and my parents both say I've asked for a horse for every birthday/Christmas since I was two. I had the odd riding lesson or pony ride as a kid and started to help out on the weekend at a riding school when I was 12 until I left for university. I would have the odd lesson or get to have an hour playing around on the riding school ponies but never had serious lessons until I went to university and joined the Equestrian club. On placement, I also got to ride a variety of horses, and these years gave me more confidence and confirmed that I for sure wanted to work with horses.

Currently, I have a private lesson weekly with a Grand Prix-level rider and a second private lesson at a local riding school. I've ridden a few BD Novice level tests scoring 60%+, and schooling some Elementary movements.

My boss and I are thinking of setting me up as an independent equine nutritionist next year (once I've finished my Masters and after my wedding) based at our yard, as there are not many in our area or they are reps for a feed company. There is also only one or two vet practices with a weighbridge and most of the reps will only come to yards with a certain number of horses as they come up to Scotland from England.

Looking forward to my many years in this industry :D
Skyet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me