Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby Luzien » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:08 am

@ Cardinal
poor hand, hope it is well again soon :)
how long is he in there that he goes so crazy?
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:53 am

Luzien wrote:@ Cardinal
poor hand, hope it is well again soon :)
how long is he in there that he goes so crazy?

...Long enough to walk down the driveway to get the mail. LOL. Hes a good queit boy in the crate and normally has a kong or chew.. Being let out of the crate is 99% an indicator of going outside since when he was itty bitty the crate was used for potty training.. Outside is BEST THING EVVVAARR so no matter how long hes crated being let out is REALLY REALLY exciting! His crate is also plenty big enough, its a 36in and fit our 60lb doggo pretty comfortably before we upped her to a 42in. I really prefer to use the next size up as compared to whats sized for the dogs weight. :)
Image Excuse the lack of bedding, SOMEONE has decided the blanket hes used his entire life must be marked or else its not truly his so Im constantly washing it. -___- He'll be out and seek it out to pee on it, scratched it into a ball, sniff it, pees on it. UGH. BOYS! Crated? Nope, no pee. Open crate? All the pee.

Seriously, though, Im a stay at home mom and outside of putting him in the crate for a couple hours when Im 1000% fed up.. Hes not often in it more than a handful of hours most weeks.
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flossie » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:15 am

Thank you both so much ^. I think if we do get another, might be better to bring Lacey up.

It's so hard to find a decent breeder here. They ones I've come across either dont breed anymore or are too far away. Might end up going back to Lacey's breeder if the time does come, which I'm fine with too.
Flossie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:21 am

Imzadi- Thank you! She's a mess but occasionally she can look pretty in a photo lol.

A good breeder will more than likely pick out the puppy for you. I don't know any that would be comfortable letting a unknown dog loose in a litter of puppies. I would run far away from any breeder that would allow that.

When I go to pick up my pup, Kes will probably just chill in the car while I am talking to the breeder, meeting my pup, and everything. She likely won't meet the pup until we get back to the hotel for the night. Won't really get to meet the pup until we get home and they can play in the pasture since Kes is more comfortable meeting other dogs offleash, and the pup won't be able to be on the ground until we get home.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roman'sGirl75 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:24 am

As it is I have been avoiding posting much of anything here but I want to just kind of talk a little about my two younger GSDs Cupid's Valkyrie Rose And Balor's Black Magic. We call the female Valkyrie or Val, but since there is already a Valkyrie here I will call her Rose, she is 9 months old and a beautiful black and sable saddle back. We bought her from a breeder back in Feb. the day before Valentines day, she was 9 weeks old and yes she comes from and Amish breeder but NO he is NOT a puppy miller. His breeding stock still do what GSDs were bred to do which is herd cattle, sheep, goats and horses. The male Balor we call Cash he is 10 1/2 months old and is a striking black and red. He came to us from a lady who had 5 small children and both she and her husband worked 2 jobs so they didnt have the time for a high energy puppy. I had to handle getting the two pups from their outdoor kennel where we let the run and play during the day to the car and into their travel crates by myself the other weekend as my husband was performing a wedding and I had to run back here to the house to get something. The hubby asked that I bring the dogs back with me so we could walk them after the wedding. I was pretty proud of them as I didn't have a leash for either one of them with me. I let them out of the pen and told them to go to the car we were going bye bye. Normally they will run like idiots but that day they ran straight to the car Rose ran around it while Cash came back to my side and back to the car and back again and again while I was going back to the car. I drive a 1999 Chevy Tahoe without the 3rd row seating so it fits two large crates easily. I got the back doors open and loaded the dogs into their crates all with out leashes or screaming the dogs names, no neighbors got attacked no neighbor dogs got attacked and they were under complete vocal control the whole time. I used commands that I have been working on teaching them since they first came to my home. Their command for going to the car is simply Car, then they have to sit and wait before getting into their crates which is a simple hup up. If going to the house to go inside it's door, then to go into their crates in the house it's bed or kennel up. They know a lot of others too but.... I have been told that I should give them up since they are poorly bred back yard breeder dogs that will never amount to anything. Cash has been working on becoming my SDiT since I got him and it's a good thing because Nyx my SD is currently on medical leave as he has lost some serious fur on his back legs and on his back and sides. I'm thinking its a seasonal allergy this year.They should come out with a doggy version of Benadryl to give to them for allergies.
Roman'sGirl75

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flossie » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:27 am

@.Middy.

Lacey would probably end up waiting outside and then meeting on neutral territory. The breeder knows Lacey too, but we'll just see how it all goes. It's not definite anyways haha.
Flossie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:42 pm

Roman'sGirl75 wrote:As it is I have been avoiding posting much of anything here but I want to just kind of talk a little about my two younger GSDs Cupid's Valkyrie Rose And Balor's Black Magic. We call the female Valkyrie or Val, but since there is already a Valkyrie here I will call her Rose, she is 9 months old and a beautiful black and sable saddle back. We bought her from a breeder back in Feb. the day before Valentines day, she was 9 weeks old and yes she comes from and Amish breeder but NO he is NOT a puppy miller. His breeding stock still do what GSDs were bred to do which is herd cattle, sheep, goats and horses. The male Balor we call Cash he is 10 1/2 months old and is a striking black and red. He came to us from a lady who had 5 small children and both she and her husband worked 2 jobs so they didnt have the time for a high energy puppy. I had to handle getting the two pups from their outdoor kennel where we let the run and play during the day to the car and into their travel crates by myself the other weekend as my husband was performing a wedding and I had to run back here to the house to get something. The hubby asked that I bring the dogs back with me so we could walk them after the wedding. I was pretty proud of them as I didn't have a leash for either one of them with me. I let them out of the pen and told them to go to the car we were going bye bye. Normally they will run like idiots but that day they ran straight to the car Rose ran around it while Cash came back to my side and back to the car and back again and again while I was going back to the car. I drive a 1999 Chevy Tahoe without the 3rd row seating so it fits two large crates easily. I got the back doors open and loaded the dogs into their crates all with out leashes or screaming the dogs names, no neighbors got attacked no neighbor dogs got attacked and they were under complete vocal control the whole time. I used commands that I have been working on teaching them since they first came to my home. Their command for going to the car is simply Car, then they have to sit and wait before getting into their crates which is a simple hup up. If going to the house to go inside it's door, then to go into their crates in the house it's bed or kennel up. They know a lot of others too but.... I have been told that I should give them up since they are poorly bred back yard breeder dogs that will never amount to anything. Cash has been working on becoming my SDiT since I got him and it's a good thing because Nyx my SD is currently on medical leave as he has lost some serious fur on his back legs and on his back and sides. I'm thinking its a seasonal allergy this year.They should come out with a doggy version of Benadryl to give to them for allergies.

Vets often prescribe human Benadryl for dog allergies. Chloe has to take it occasionally when her coughing acts up. She also takes a Nettles Tincture daily. Allergies suck.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rare~ » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:47 pm

This is my puppers! Her name is Kira. (We call her Kira-Bear because she acts like a carebear of how sweet she is <3
~Rare~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:00 pm

Day 5, theme Water!

Spent some time at one of our favorite places with Miya and Kota today to complete today's challenge!
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:58 am

We Got A New Foster Pup Today! Meet Gator He is A Pit Mix And he is such a sweetie!
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me