LOCK

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Do You Ride Horses? Fresh Thread

Postby Hanoverian » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:48 am

Bearsy <3 wrote:I'm hoping to be riding here in the summer when I go down to Wales. It seems really good, and my mum, her cousin and her daughter should be able to come, too. <3

Here's my boy Chester in the stable:

Obviously eating was much more important than posing for a photo. xD He looks pretty short here --or it might just be me...--, but he's actually around 16hh+ I'd say. I may be wrong, but he's certainly taller than little ol' me. ;3 Unfortunately I cut his butt off in this picture, but in the other one where I fit him in completely, Chester moved his head and it's kinda blurry.

SO cute! And tell us if you get to go to that stables, it looks like tons of fun. I'd love to ride a Gypsy...

Uman was a good horsey today! My trainer lunged him at first because we got a new gate and she didn't want him to spook. He was insane, it was pretty funny. xD Then I rode him, and he was very loose and comfy... I only rode him for a short time because it was really hot (the heat index for later in the day is supposed to be 117 degrees D:) and he was already tired from the lunging.
Hanoverian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kickin' up dirt » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:55 am

sam sam wrote:
Because I remember having a conversation with someone that had a mare and a foal, and I am pretty sure it was you.

Good. What color and breed is the foal?

Yes it was me :3
She looks just like her mother,brown,white blaze and one big sock,and I think the rest of her feet have small ones :3
She should be a quarter horse,but we aren't sure what her daddy was,we don't even know who her dad was.Someone said her mother looks like a Thoroughbred but i'm pretty sure she is a quarter horse.
Kickin' up dirt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bearsy <3 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:00 am

Thanks. ;3 I'll make sure to let you all know how it goes, if I do ride there. My reaction as soon as my mum told me they were Gypsy Vanners was "YEEEEEEEES, yesyesyesyes! Let's go there.", so hopefully we'll be able to.
There was another place we've been to before, but it was a Western stable and I was hoping to try a lesson there, but they're closed for breaking and training their young horses at the moment, and they're not sure when they'll be open again. :c Ah well.
Bearsy <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tanner » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:03 am

Bearsy <3 wrote:Thanks. ;3 I'll make sure to let you all know how it goes, if I do ride there. My reaction as soon as my mum told me they were Gypsy Vanners was "YEEEEEEEES, yesyesyesyes! Let's go there.", so hopefully we'll be able to.
There was another place we've been to before, but it was a Western stable and I was hoping to try a lesson there, but they're closed for breaking and training their young horses at the moment, and they're not sure when they'll be open again. :c Ah well.

you are so lucky you get to ride gypsies! i'm so jealous.
Imageby
I'm not active on CS anymore, but if it's important, PM me, although I can't promise I'll respond.
Outside of CS, I post my photography on Flickr and Pack.
tanner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bearsy <3 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:09 am

tanner wrote:
Bearsy <3 wrote:Thanks. ;3 I'll make sure to let you all know how it goes, if I do ride there. My reaction as soon as my mum told me they were Gypsy Vanners was "YEEEEEEEES, yesyesyesyes! Let's go there.", so hopefully we'll be able to.

you are so lucky you get to ride gypsies! i'm so jealous.

Haha, I'll be sure to tell you all about it afterwards. ;3
Bearsy <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ilovecats1356 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:43 am

Yay, a horsey thread. :3 I think I'll like it here.

I don't really have that much to say though, so this is kind of of Spam. xD
But anyways, I have a lesson every Saturday with my brother, I don't have any pictures of the horse though.
I don't own any horses, but I'd really like some.
Ilovecats1356

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scene_kid » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:46 am

Bearsy <3 wrote:I'm hoping to be riding here in the summer when I go down to Wales. It seems really good, and my mum, her cousin and her daughter should be able to come, too. <3

Obviously eating was much more important than posing for a photo. xD He looks pretty short here --or it might just be me...--, but he's actually around 16hh+ I'd say. I may be wrong, but he's certainly taller than little ol' me. ;3 Unfortunately I cut his butt off in this picture, but in the other one where I fit him in completely, Chester moved his head and it's kinda blurry.

I live in Wales (cardiff) and i have been st D's its reallly nice but not expect too much out of a beach ride they are mainly cobs/heavy horses so you wont be going too fast across the beach.
btw Mandy-Lou22 is soooo amazing wanna give her a massive hug
also thank you to Asura for giving me my dream pet
also thank you to AiraSkylar for giving be the 08 advent of my dreams
another thank you to ~Amberleaf~ who gave me 3 free rares!

scene_kid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bearsy <3 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:50 am

scene_kid wrote:

I live in Wales (cardiff) and i have been st D's its reallly nice but not expect too much out of a beach ride they are mainly cobs/heavy horses so you wont be going too fast across the beach.

I'm not sure we'd be going on that anyway; I'm the only one who has experience and rides regularly that will be going, so we'll stick to one of the others.
Thanks anyway. ;3
Bearsy <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tanner » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:52 am

vanners are more like ponies, given their shortness, than heavy horses. theyre like haflingers.
Imageby
I'm not active on CS anymore, but if it's important, PM me, although I can't promise I'll respond.
Outside of CS, I post my photography on Flickr and Pack.
tanner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scene_kid » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:05 am

sorry to double post but i am thinkin of getting a pair of ariat long riding boots, does anybody own a pair?? i tired them on and fell in love and my b-day is coming up. Are they good and long lasting and ok to do yard work in aswell as ride?? pm me please if you could help. Also whats the difference between regular and full?
btw Mandy-Lou22 is soooo amazing wanna give her a massive hug
also thank you to Asura for giving me my dream pet
also thank you to AiraSkylar for giving be the 08 advent of my dreams
another thank you to ~Amberleaf~ who gave me 3 free rares!

scene_kid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me