LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby The Mean Kitty » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:13 am

Eeee cute babies! <3 Congrats!

Speaking of babies... x3

This here is the little baby I was talking about, which will be named Dot. x3 <3 (Or Spot if it's a buck but I'm hoping for a doe... =P) I know. Really original name right? ;3 Lol!

Aaand last but not least, miss momma Ellie. <3

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Safire•83• » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:38 am

The Mean Kitty wrote: April has lots of scattered white hairs though, which is a bummer as I wanted to keep her, but if her body type and all still ends up being really nice I may go ahead and keep her as a brood doe. :)

That's just a merging right? Sorry I've been meaning to ask for a while but if a rabbit has white hairs does that mean she is older or is it a marking?
Safire•83•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Babypoke » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:55 am

I must say my buck is excited about it getting warm runs around the cage happy and all. Soon I ll have to let him exercise in the grass for a bit
Looking for wishlists pets for hoards or collections
Currently looking to this dreamie
Image Have c$, fr gems
Image Please click my eggs on pokefarm q

Long term goal is to get all all items and pets on cs
Babypoke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:28 pm

Safire•83• wrote:
The Mean Kitty wrote: April has lots of scattered white hairs though, which is a bummer as I wanted to keep her, but if her body type and all still ends up being really nice I may go ahead and keep her as a brood doe. :)

That's just a merging right? Sorry I've been meaning to ask for a while but if a rabbit has white hairs does that mean she is older or is it a marking?

I don't think it works that way with old rabbits. Scattered white hairs can come from multiple things.
Useally it is a concern with self rabbits and loseing hairs when the hairs grow back they grow back white since the rabbit only had so much pigment. I have a solid tort out of two brokens and she has some white hairs and I think that's from the Broken x Broken pairing. Or they can just be randomly born with it.
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby toy20243 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:37 pm

hi! i just wanted to thank everyone who helped me before! my does second litter all lived! she had 2 pure white, 1 pure black and aonther black with a white star. also does anyone know if the star will fade? their new zealands.

𝒮𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓈
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆
toy20243

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:18 pm

toy20243 wrote:hi! i just wanted to thank everyone who helped me before! my does second litter all lived! she had 2 pure white, 1 pure black and aonther black with a white star. also does anyone know if the star will fade? their new zealands.

Is your doe a broken or was she bred to a broken? It could be a booted but you need two broken alleles for that.
Or something went wrong with the chromosomes on that kit and it cause the pigment to be absent there. It might fade but I don't know.
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silky.moth.is.gone » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:50 am

Hi! I just found this thread and i'm really excited to announce that I may be getting a rabbit soon! :D
I was a toxic 11-13 year old lol.
silky.moth.is.gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlynnEugene » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Hey everyone important question to ask everyone.
I need to transition my rabbits from being outdoor rabbits to indoor rabbits. I am moving this summer and getting house with my friend that is near our school. Which mean officially moving out of my mothers house and living on my own. Well my rabbits have been outside most of their lives. I am not too worried about Waffles because she was actually an indoor rabbit for a majority of her life so she should transition well eventually. I know it will take some getting used to but....
My main concern is for Simba. He is a 7 year old male LionHead and has lived outside for all 7 years of his life. We brought him in every once in a while like if the weather was bad and he did really good with the litter box but if we keep him inside for too long he gets depressed.
Looking at the area we are moving to, keeping them outside is not an option for me. The fences are all really short, there are a lot of loose animals and I won't have the giant dog kennel I have been keeping them in. So they will need to live inside, but I don't want Simba getting depressed especially with the last few years of his life. Any suggestions?

ℂ𝕦𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

𝔸𝕞𝕓𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤

ℝ𝕖𝕤𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕗𝕦𝕝𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤

𝕊𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕕

𝔻𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕕

"𝒲𝑒 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒷𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒, 𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝓊𝓅𝒾𝒹. 𝐹𝑜𝓇 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒, 𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝒾𝒸𝑒, 𝓌𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝓃𝑒𝒸𝓀𝓈."
FlynnEugene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:47 pm

Ella - I do want to say one suggestion: a pen outside? Not for 24/7 of course but for whenever you have time to let him out perhaps? Kenna has a simple pen in the backyard at my parents' house while I'm here and sometimes when the weather is nice I put her out there for as much as 2-3 hours. I just make sure it's not too hot and that she has water. Otherwise, I can check on her through my window if I don't stay outside and she gets a change of scenery, fresh air, and some grass to nibble on. Typically for exercise I let her out in my room; the outside pen isn't really large enough to fully run and she's always been indoors.
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlynnEugene » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:30 pm

Thunder: Yeah, I will definitely try that. I guess I would just prefer keeping him inside. Between school, work and homework I don't know how much time I would actually have to supervise him. Plus it is so hot out, especially during the summer and extremely humid and because he is so old it worries me. I guess it would just be a lot easier if I had him inside so he can run around while I do my homework but I can still watch him, you know?

ℂ𝕦𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

𝔸𝕞𝕓𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤

ℝ𝕖𝕤𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕗𝕦𝕝𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤

𝕊𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕨𝕕

𝔻𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕕

"𝒲𝑒 𝒮𝓁𝓎𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓃𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝒷𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒, 𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝓊𝓅𝒾𝒹. 𝐹𝑜𝓇 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒, 𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝒾𝒸𝑒, 𝓌𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝓃𝑒𝒸𝓀𝓈."
FlynnEugene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me