LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Petlover552 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:28 am

Thank you c:

I have looked into it a little- but an experienced vet not too far from me charges 50-80 dollars for a rabbit neutering... She is the same vet I bring my puppy too also, so she may be an option. :)

Image Image

xx
xx
xx
Hi, I'm Amber ♡ I have a long list of stuff I am addicted to... but I will make
it short and sweet, cuz I don't think you wanna be here all day cx
I love all animals, Spirit, Marvel shows and movies (Iron Fist, Civil War, Captain America, Ant-Man, Spider-Man), DC tv shows (Arrow, Supergirl, DC Legends of Tomorrow), and writing c:

Do you like to write? Come on over to Writer's Haven Forum!
I would love to get to know you and read your writing c:

↓ Adventurous Fiction Novel ↓
The Fire Stone
Petlover552

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Babypoke » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:30 am

My buck wont be getting fixed. But he wont have a companion nor friend to fight with. He does not like other rabbits.
Looking for wishlists pets for hoards or collections
Currently looking to this dreamie
Image Have c$, fr gems
Image Please click my eggs on pokefarm q

Long term goal is to get all all items and pets on cs
Babypoke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:37 am

Babypoke wrote:My buck wont be getting fixed. But he wont have a companion nor friend to fight with. He does not like other rabbits.

I am likely stating the obvious here, but have you considered that it might be due to hormones related to being left intact?
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baby bunnies! » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:47 am

thunderofthedrum wrote:
Babypoke wrote:My buck wont be getting fixed. But he wont have a companion nor friend to fight with. He does not like other rabbits.

I am likely stating the obvious here, but have you considered that it might be due to hormones related to being left intact?

Not all rabbits are social animals (towards other animals). It is not always because of being intact. There is no harm in having animals intact or not intact, as long as you are okay with how they act are with you and can stand some of the things they may do for whatever the reason. I had an altered buck that hated all animals, but he was okay with humans. And have an unaltered buck that is just fine with other animals, and one that isn't. It is all based on the rabbit itself in my opinion.

None of what I am saying is meant to be confrontational, please don't take it that way. I am just trying to show that there is always two sides to a story. Life isn't always black and white, it is often grey. All opinions are opinions, ultimately it is up to you to decide what is best.
Status/sayings: Life being consumed by rabbits and dancing.
Hi I am Baby bunnies! but you can call me BB
I love to do art. Before December 2014 all art that I did was with a mouse. I now work with a Bamboo tablet. Also please note that I expect something in return for customs, I put time into every piece.
I own rabbits! I love to show my rabbits and and have gotten many first place ribbons, a lot of Best of Breed, Best Opposite Breed, Best of Variety, & Best Opposite Variety awards. My rabbits have also gotten Reserve in Show and Best 6 class. I, personally, have gotten Reserve Champion and Grand Champion awards. I take part in Rabbit Royalty! If you have any questions about Rabbits then please ask and I shall answer as best that I can.
Info on how to properly raise rabbits and show them. Rabbit Blog
Rabbit Q&A ~ Baby bunnies! and teresa8oats

Image Image Image
Baby bunnies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:50 am

oooohhh your talking about a buck and doe pairing. I would for sure get the buck neutered.
actually i have tried to pair two does before.... once autumn grew they got along for maybe a month and then i lost all
the work and they started fighting.
Last edited by Daisywolf14 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Babypoke » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:55 am

thunderofthedrum wrote:

I know that it could be. He is my only rabbit for the reason stated and loves being by himself. Loves people just doesn't like other animals doesn't just include rabbits.because mostly jealous reason. He does love baby chicks though for some reason that the only animal he will associate with. He is a rescue bunny dropped off in my friends front yard
Looking for wishlists pets for hoards or collections
Currently looking to this dreamie
Image Have c$, fr gems
Image Please click my eggs on pokefarm q

Long term goal is to get all all items and pets on cs
Babypoke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Petlover552 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:58 am

Daisywolf14 wrote:oooohhh your talking about a buck and doe pairing. I would for sure get the buck neutered.
actually i have tried to pair two does before.... once autumn grew they got along for maybe a month and then i lost all

Ooh that doesant sound good D:

I think I am settled on getting my buck neutered now... Unless something bad pops up :3

Image Image

xx
xx
xx
I love all animals, Spirit, Marvel shows and movies (Iron Fist, Civil War, Captain America, Ant-Man, Spider-Man), DC tv shows (Arrow, Supergirl, DC Legends of Tomorrow), and writing c:

The Fire Stone
Petlover552

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:17 am

Petlover552 wrote:
Daisywolf14 wrote:oooohhh your talking about a buck and doe pairing. I would for sure get the buck neutered.

Ooh that doesant sound good D:

I think I am settled on getting my buck neutered now... Unless something bad pops up :3

That should work. Just be aware its a gamble with any pairing fixed or not.
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Petlover552 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:33 am

Thanks :) I will have a spare pen/cage ready incase they don't get along c:

Image Image

xx
xx
xx

The Fire Stone
Petlover552

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:57 am

Guuuuuuuuuuys! Ellie's in her nest box! Been pulling hair and making her nest for awhile now, 'tis baby time! <3

EDIT: Well guys... there was only 4 babies... one was already dead when I got out there, 2 are kind of small, all 3 were cold. I brought them in and tried to warm them up some, Ellie didn't have them in any fur, and the fur was just little bits here and there, not a whole lot, especially not for as cold as it is. There was more fur scattered in her cage then in the box, I gathered up what I could and put the baby in it once I got them warmer. I'm like super worried, considering bringing them inside since one of my hotot does doesn't appear to be bred and I could use her cage, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to move them to a new cage. I don't know what to do. xc Winter babies just aren't a good idea, at least not when they're outside, or even in your garage. Next time, I think I'll bring her inside like I do with my other winter litters, only reason I didn't was space, and the fact the last harlequin litter seemed to somehow manage to go potty and not get it in the tray a lot of times, and I didn't want bunny pee/poop all over the floor of the house... *sigh*

Edit 2: Well... more bad news... I was all worried about Ellie because it seemed she was still bleeding since she had the babies this morning, and she was acting weird, never once did I think of what was wrong, being what was wrong. Turns out she still had 3 more babies in her, just had them here at like 10:30 PM, so around 12 hours after she had the first 4. All 3 of the new ones were dead, one was still warm and I thought maybe there was hope still for it but I rubbed on it and tried to keep it warm and all and nothing, plus then I noticed part of it's back foot was chewed up... so out of 7 babies today, I only have 3 surviving ones, and 1 still isn't doing as well, the other 2 seem fine though. I just pray they all 3 survive. ;-; Kind of depressed after all this. I had been so excited for this litter....

EDIT 3: Woke up this morning to find another dead... only 2 left now. But both seem to be doing well, at least.
Last edited by The Mean Kitty on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me