LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:07 am

The Mean Kitty wrote:My blue polish doe, Gwen, had 6 babies today! SIX! I couldn't believe it, haha. 3 solids and 3 broken. One of the solids is a peanut though, sadly.

I had two Polish does that both had 7 last summer. lol I was not expecting 14 babies from two 3 - 3.5 pound does. :lol:

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
๐Ÿถ Ginger . Brody
๐Ÿฑ Kieran . Delaney . Ian
๐Ÿญ Dorian
๐Ÿฐ Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baby bunnies! » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:27 am

_breezy_star_ wrote:
The Mean Kitty wrote:My blue polish doe, Gwen, had 6 babies today! SIX! I couldn't believe it, haha. 3 solids and 3 broken. One of the solids is a peanut though, sadly.

I had two Polish does that both had 7 last summer. lol I was not expecting 14 babies from two 3 - 3.5 pound does. :lol:

Congrats Kitty!
6 and 7 for a Polish is crazy!
Status/sayings: Life being consumed by rabbits and dancing.
Hi I am Baby bunnies! but you can call me BB
I love to do art. Before December 2014 all art that I did was with a mouse. I now work with a Bamboo tablet. Also please note that I expect something in return for customs, I put time into every piece.
I own rabbits! I love to show my rabbits and and have gotten many first place ribbons, a lot of Best of Breed, Best Opposite Breed, Best of Variety, & Best Opposite Variety awards. My rabbits have also gotten Reserve in Show and Best 6 class. I, personally, have gotten Reserve Champion and Grand Champion awards. I take part in Rabbit Royalty! If you have any questions about Rabbits then please ask and I shall answer as best that I can.
Info on how to properly raise rabbits and show them. Rabbit Blog
Rabbit Q&A ~ Baby bunnies! and teresa8oats

Image Image Image
Baby bunnies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sky Rabbit » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:05 pm

Haven't posted for a while, but annnyway

Today my older brother was brushing my rabbit's (Flopsy) loose fur out and he decided to pick up Flopsy, which was fine at first. Only the putting him down part has always been a bit tricky. So my brother decided to try a new technique and he had him held in a position where Flopsy couldn't kick or bite. Soooo like, as soon as Flopsy's feet touched the ground he let out this horrifying scream. I mean, I know rabbits make that sound when feeling very scared, but I nearly had a heart attack, I've never heard him like that and he just kind if unexpectedly screamed (everything was reallly quiet before he screamed). My poor baby, he's getting a little bit extra fruit tommorow xP
Sky Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Petlover552 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:08 pm

Can i join? c:

I have a Rex-English-Dalmatian Cross rabbit names Snickers :3

Image Image

xx
xx
xx
Hi, I'm Amber โ™ก I have a long list of stuff I am addicted to... but I will make
it short and sweet, cuz I don't think you wanna be here all day cx
I love all animals, Spirit, Marvel shows and movies (Iron Fist, Civil War, Captain America, Ant-Man, Spider-Man), DC tv shows (Arrow, Supergirl, DC Legends of Tomorrow), and writing c:

Do you like to write? Come on over to Writer's Haven Forum!
I would love to get to know you and read your writing c:

โ†“ Adventurous Fiction Novel โ†“
โ™ก The Fire Stone โ™ก
Petlover552

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:58 am

I don't see why not!!

Your bunny sounds adorable!

Some people in here breed but I just own the one bunny, a Mini Rex female.

If yours male or female?
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MacGyver » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:15 am

Curious Bun-Bun is curious

Tennyson has become much more social since my sister adopted him.

Image Image
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข
โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช โ–ช
Image Image Image Image Image
โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข
โ–๏ผค๏ผฉ๏ผธ๏ผฉ๏ผฅ โ–๏ผฉ๏ผฎ๏ผณ๏ผด๏ผก โ–๏ผก๏ผฒ๏ผด

โ•ญ ..........................โ•ฎ
ษช แด€แด แด›สœแด‡ แดแด€แด… แด‹แด‡แด‡แด˜แด‡ส€
Haru โ€ข Mako โ€ข Nagisa
Rei โ€ข Rin โ€ข Momo
Sousuke โ€ข Nitori

โ•ฐ ......................... โ•ฏ

CSCC โœฆ Iwatobi โœฆ Dog Chat

WIP
MacGyver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlynnEugene » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Got back from my camping trip and was able to see Simba and Waffles. To my surprise Waffles actually seemed pretty excited to see me, I would expect that from a dog not a rabbit, but it made me feel even more loved because both my dog and my rabbit like ran up to me.

โ„‚๐•ฆ๐•Ÿ๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜

๐”ธ๐•ž๐•“๐•š๐•ฅ๐•š๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ค

โ„๐•–๐•ค๐• ๐•ฆ๐•ฃ๐•”๐•–๐•—๐•ฆ๐•๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ค๐•ค

๐•Š๐•™๐•ฃ๐•–๐•จ๐••

๐”ป๐•–๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ๐•ž๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•–๐••

"๐’ฒ๐‘’ ๐’ฎ๐“๐“Ž๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“ˆ ๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’ ๐’ท๐“‡๐’ถ๐“‹๐‘’, ๐“Ž๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐’ท๐“Š๐“‰ ๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“‰ ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐“Š๐“…๐’พ๐’น. ๐น๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐“ˆ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’, ๐‘”๐’พ๐“‹๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐’พ๐’ธ๐‘’, ๐“Œ๐‘’ ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“๐“ ๐’ถ๐“๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“Ž๐“ˆ ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ ๐“ˆ๐’ถ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‡ ๐‘œ๐“Œ๐“ƒ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐’ธ๐“€๐“ˆ."
FlynnEugene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King of Crows » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:13 am

So my 5 year old dutch doe, River, isn't do much better than the last time I posted. I've moved her inside, into my room so that she has a consistent temperature and won't have to worry about weather or noise or bugs. She slept in her own urine, so her belly needed to be cleaned off. She enjoyed that, though, and kept trying to groom my while I was drying her off, hehe. She felt good enough to groom herself a bit after that, and as soon as I moved her into the indoor cage she went to sleep. She's in deep sleep right now. Her nose is pretty stuffy, but she has chronic allergies and our other two rabbits are as healthy as can be, so I'm not too worried about that.

Her weight is a serious problem, though. She's just so, so thin. We can't afford to take her in to the vet right now, at all, so I'm a little stuck for what to do. She's stopped eating, which is very bad, so I'm going to try to get her to eat some mashed banana just to get something in her and maybe put a bit of weight on her. Teeth are fine, ears are clean, eyes are bright and shiny...I think she's just too old to be moving in and out like we do yearly. I'll keep her inside for a while and see if she improves. She's always been happier when she's with me, so now that she's in my bedroom she should be pretty cheery.

So-- question time! What brand of pellets do you guys recommend? And does anyone use oat hay? How does it compare to timothy?
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baby bunnies! » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:22 am

Ah, I am sorry to hear that she has not improved.
Are you sure that she has allergies and not a respiratory disease? There are some respiratory diseases that cause lethargy. (Sometimes allergies can turn into something more serious.)
Get a Critical Care packet for her right away if you can. It is powdered food that you add water to, to make a paste. it will have all nutrients that she needs. Should me fed through a syringe if she is not eating it willingly. Until you can get some Critical Care, I suggest using canned pumpkin mash and feed it via syringe.

As to your other questions:
Pellets will vary for your different breeds ( 16% protein feed can be for medium and large+ breeds). I suggest to NOT get Purina or Conway. There are many issues for these two feeds that are manufactured by the same company (either same company or made in the same factories) There is a lot of contaminated feed from them. (At least where I am at)
I don't know where you are at, because feeds will vary by location.
I LOVE all Pfau feeds. Payback is a decent brand. I have heard nice things about Nutrena, never tried it myself. Small World is okay, I don't love it but it is very suitable. The feed that I have my buns on is only at one place in the entire US I believe, I travel far for it but I love it.
Also for hay: I use Orchards Grass Hay. It is lower in sugars and has a lot more benefits than Timothy Hay (Although timothy hay does a better job at waring down teeth.) Oat hay is really high in fats and often (at least here) the crop is left on the field till the oats come to seed and then they cut it, turn it, and bale it. By the time that process is done, you are left with a golden brown dried 'dead' bale of hay with little to no nutrition. Also, little bits from the seed can get into the rabbit's eyelid and cause weepy eye.
What you are looking for in any bale is good smell -not musty-, greenish in color -no mold-, and good texture.

Perocore wrote:
So my 5 year old dutch doe, River, isn't do much better than the last time I posted. I've moved her inside, into my room so that she has a consistent temperature and won't have to worry about weather or noise or bugs. She slept in her own urine, so her belly needed to be cleaned off. She enjoyed that, though, and kept trying to groom my while I was drying her off, hehe. She felt good enough to groom herself a bit after that, and as soon as I moved her into the indoor cage she went to sleep. She's in deep sleep right now. Her nose is pretty stuffy, but she has chronic allergies and our other two rabbits are as healthy as can be, so I'm not too worried about that.

Her weight is a serious problem, though. She's just so, so thin. We can't afford to take her in to the vet right now, at all, so I'm a little stuck for what to do. She's stopped eating, which is very bad, so I'm going to try to get her to eat some mashed banana just to get something in her and maybe put a bit of weight on her. Teeth are fine, ears are clean, eyes are bright and shiny...I think she's just too old to be moving in and out like we do yearly. I'll keep her inside for a while and see if she improves. She's always been happier when she's with me, so now that she's in my bedroom she should be pretty cheery.

So-- question time! What brand of pellets do you guys recommend? And does anyone use oat hay? How does it compare to timothy?
Last edited by Baby bunnies! on Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Status/sayings: Life being consumed by rabbits and dancing.
Hi I am Baby bunnies! but you can call me BB
I love to do art. Before December 2014 all art that I did was with a mouse. I now work with a Bamboo tablet. Also please note that I expect something in return for customs, I put time into every piece.
I own rabbits! I love to show my rabbits and and have gotten many first place ribbons, a lot of Best of Breed, Best Opposite Breed, Best of Variety, & Best Opposite Variety awards. My rabbits have also gotten Reserve in Show and Best 6 class. I, personally, have gotten Reserve Champion and Grand Champion awards. I take part in Rabbit Royalty! If you have any questions about Rabbits then please ask and I shall answer as best that I can.
Info on how to properly raise rabbits and show them. Rabbit Blog
Rabbit Q&A ~ Baby bunnies! and teresa8oats

Image Image Image
Baby bunnies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachFuzz » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:34 pm

On the topic of pellets; we feed out rabbits Oxbow Timothy. It's great!
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me