Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

The members list is getting long. Should I change the way it's set up?

Yes, only list people's usernames
25%
Yes, only list people's usernames and the species of fish they own
60%
No, I like it the way it is
14%
Other (PM me with your idea)
2%

Total votes : 502

Re: Fish Lovers 3.0

Postby deletedaccplsignore » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:52 am

:( All of my fish just died. Well except 2 neon Tetras. I woke up this morning and all my fish were covered with some sort of white stuff and dead. I don't know what it was. It killed them all so quick. Every night I check them and turn their light off before I go to bed . They were fine, no sign of illness or anything. I cried a lot, My friends tell me their 'just fish'. I want to scream at them and say No ! They're not just fish ! They're loved pets ! He would you like it if a cat or dog died !
Guess I'm restarting my tank.
Luckily one of my favorite fish, A Neon named Lightning, survived. He even survived an accident with chlorine. I swear, that fish is invincible.
"Undisputed, respected, saluted
And seen for the wonder I am
Yes, my teeth and ambitions are bared
Be prepared!"
deletedaccplsignore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby косатка » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:57 am

Hawkfeather22 wrote::( All of my fish just died. Well except 2 neon Tetras. I woke up this morning and all my fish were covered with some sort of white stuff and dead. I don't know what it was. It killed them all so quick. Every night I check them and turn their light off before I go to bed . They were fine, no sign of illness or anything. I cried a lot, My friends tell me their 'just fish'. I want to scream at them and say No ! They're not just fish ! They're loved pets ! He would you like it if a cat or dog died !
Luckily one of my favorite fish, A Neon named Lightning, survived. He even survived an accident with chlorine. I swear, that fish is invincible.

white stuff? that could have been ich. but there was no signs of it the day before? none? ich can kill a fish in a week but not overnight...

can you get pictures or have you disposed of them already?

and that is true, they are not "just fish". when my betta jupiter died, i cried for days...
      i put him right outside my window. i'd never throw a beloved pet in the trash or down a toilet...
косатка

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deletedaccplsignore » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:07 am

Absolutely no signs at all... I always check my fish. I'm not sure what it was. Sadly I don't have them. I would bury them but I live in an apartment...luckily I'm moving soon.
Be prepared!"
deletedaccplsignore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby косатка » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:14 am

Hawkfeather22 wrote:Absolutely no signs at all... I always check my fish. I'm not sure what it was. Sadly I don't have them. I would bury them but I live in an apartment...luckily I'm moving soon.

i am not too sure sure what it could be either... i am so sorry. :c
      if i ever get more information on fish diseases and i find out what it was, i'll make sure to let you know. c:
косатка

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mnemosyne » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:12 pm

My poor betta Augustus just arrived at my college dorm after a ~20 hour car trip, and he's beaten up. :c More specifically, he has a wound on the top of his body that DEFINITELY wasn't there when I last saw him a few weeks ago. I guess it happened when we were moving him around, but I feel so bad. :/ I put some stress coat in there with him, and now that I have him situated I hope he'll heal quickly and get used to his new surroundings! ♥

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

league of legends trash Image

Syne | she/her | trade with me | kalons | mandy ♥ | snow ♥

icon by Aeryn

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Mnemosyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deletedaccplsignore » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:19 pm

onyx` wrote:
Hawkfeather22 wrote:Absolutely no signs at all... I always check my fish. I'm not sure what it was. Sadly I don't have them. I would bury them but I live in an apartment...luckily I'm moving soon.

i am not too sure sure what it could be either... i am so sorry. :c
      if i ever get more information on fish diseases and i find out what it was, i'll make sure to let you know. c:

Thank you c:
Be prepared!"
deletedaccplsignore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boston » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Hawkfeather22 wrote::( All of my fish just died. Well except 2 neon Tetras. I woke up this morning and all my fish were covered with some sort of white stuff and dead. I don't know what it was. It killed them all so quick. Every night I check them and turn their light off before I go to bed . They were fine, no sign of illness or anything. I cried a lot, My friends tell me their 'just fish'. I want to scream at them and say No ! They're not just fish ! They're loved pets ! He would you like it if a cat or dog died !

That is terrible I'm so sorry. I don't know an illness, but possibly the heater could have been up too high and cooked them, but it's also odd how two survived. I wish you the best of luck!
be kind to others ♡
she/her
vet tech

ImageImageImage
boston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starfalling » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:27 pm

I still couldn't get a picture because I had to ake my dog for a walk. Anyways it is fuzzy and kind of resembles mold.
If I'm not answering, I'm probably at work. I usually get on in the late evening my time (listed timezone below)

Pronouns are they/them and you can call me Starfalling, M, or Morgan. I'm in Pennsylvania which is on EST (CStime -4)

I love trading, although I'm recently back from a long hiatus so I'm not fully up to date on demand. For any current event pets, I’ll only trade them away if I have a double, and I don't trade growing pets

I use bold a lot because it's easier for me to read, since you can't change other people's font size and being zoomed in constantly is annoying

I am a holibomber!
Sig was getting long, my counts have been moved to trade rules

Starfalling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deletedaccplsignore » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:37 pm

boston wrote:

That is terrible I'm so sorry. I don't know an illness, but possibly the heater could have been up too high and cooked them, but it's also odd how two survived. I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you c: It's strange how they died though. Usually the water is too cold for them and we have to turn the heater up. I'm going to check it now....
Yeah it's fine where it's at right now. It wasn't something from the pet store because we haven't gotten any new fish in months. We tested our water and everything was fine. Nothing from our plants or decorations. (Our plants are fake so definitely nothing from them.)
Be prepared!"
deletedaccplsignore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clover. » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:08 pm

Aruni4 wrote:
Lizzy~ wrote:
Username: Lizzy~
How many fish tanks do you have: I have three. Two 10 gallons and a 3-4 gallon.
Types of fish that you have: In the first 10 gallon set up in our living room, my little sister has two Glofish and two apple snails. In the other 10 gallon, I have my male crowntail betta. And in the 3-4 gallon I have my female betta who I just got today. ^^
Your fishs' names: Glofish- Goldie and Rosie {my little sister named them x3}
Apple snails- Lily and Penny {my little sister named Lily}
Male crowntail betta- Phoenix
Female betta- unnamed right now
How long have you had fish: Off and on for about 8 years. c:

I don't have any pictures of the Glofish or the snails yet, but...
Here's Phoenix:
-snip-
And here is my new unnamed betta c: :
-snip-
{And no, they do not and will not live together and I have no intention of breeding them.}

A fellow glofish owner!
What colors are they?

Kinda late haha, but Goldie is pink and Rosie is green. ^^ We used to have another pink one but it passed away sometime back in May. :c
clover.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me