Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby DuckMilkshake » Mon May 15, 2023 5:41 pm

Very slay kitty
DuckMilkshake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Llazybonezz » Fri May 26, 2023 6:09 pm

have you guys ever struggled with new cat introduction? i could really use some advice.
( if i’m not allowed to post this type of question i’m so sorry, i checked the rules and didn’t see anything about it!!)
they/them | Scorpio | Art Shop
Llazybonezz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Sat May 27, 2023 4:17 am

Llazybonezz wrote:have you guys ever struggled with new cat introduction? i could really use some advice.
( if i’m not allowed to post this type of question i’m so sorry, i checked the rules and didn’t see anything about it!!)

I love Jackson he is none as the cat daddy and does some amazing stuff with cats.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsYT7yIOdqQ
If that doesnt help I dont know what will its painless and stress free
He has other videos as well which could help anyone on this thread with there cats :thumbup:
CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby swift; » Sat May 27, 2023 5:46 am

Angelus Gaston wrote:
Llazybonezz wrote:have you guys ever struggled with new cat introduction? i could really use some advice.

I love Jackson he is none as the cat daddy and does some amazing stuff with cats.
He has other videos as well which could help anyone on this thread with there cats :thumbup:

I second Jackson! He’s awesome!
your
─────────────.
Image Image

░ ░░
───────
sig credit
hi i'm swift; ! dog mom, cat mom,
stepmom of 2, mom of 3. ─── ❤️
swift;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleMaple » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:42 am

Bamon wrote:We adopted a cat, half a year ago. We don't know how old is she exactly. She is very nice and kind. But recently we discovered she has diabetes. She is on meds now and we are working on her diet now. I hope we will help her live a long and happy life.

From someone who had a family member who owned two different diabetic cats - they can live king and healthy lives! One of them was diagnosed when he got old and he eventually passed from natural causes, but the other was diagnosed earlier on (maybe a year? I dont remember exactly) and passed on a few years later. It wont be easy, know that, but you can help them be happy and live a fulfilling life!! I wish you luck <3
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hi hello howdy wazzup!!!
I'm Maple!
Mostly here for art/adopts!
Comms/art trades? closed :3

Adopts<3 wrote:ImageImage
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Llazybonezz » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:53 am

northern lights. wrote:
Angelus Gaston wrote:

I second Jackson! He’s awesome!

lovely! i use to watch his show all the time i had no idea he had a youtube with information! i’ve been doing what he instructed and i can’t say the chasing has changed yet but i feel like we will get there!!! on the last stretch but need to be sure not to rush things!!! thank you for the advice!!!!!!!!!
they/them | Scorpio | Art Shop
Llazybonezz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grayson. » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:58 am

Hi all, I adopted a cat from a shelter a little over a year ago. Her name is Banshee, an absolute sweetheart. 8 years old now (everyone calls her old but she still has so much time to go!) anyway, I have no idea what her backstory is, she's just super shy and afraid of any small change. It's taking a long time for her to get fully comfortable, but she does love us. Super reserved and to herself, not a cuddler but loves being pet. I just take it as her personality and simply who she is. I've done a lot of research so I've come to that conclusion.

I spend time with her every day to remind her that we are family and always here for her, and she always comes out to greet us when we come by. We mostly let her watch our routine without bothering her. Loves her cat tree and toys, and just a super gentle girl. Has anyone ever experienced a cat like her before?

I've lived with cats my entire life, both shy and aggressive, and super loving altogether. I'm assuming maybe she hasn't had a lot of socialization before, but I'm no cat expert! I would have loved a more social one, but she's still perfect to me, I'd do anything for her.
Grayson.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:18 am

Grayson. wrote:Hi all, I adopted a cat from a shelter a little over a year ago. Her name is Banshee, an absolute sweetheart. 8 years old now (everyone calls her old but she still has so much time to go!) anyway, I have no idea what her backstory is, she's just super shy and afraid of any small change. It's taking a long time for her to get fully comfortable, but she does love us. Super reserved and to herself, not a cuddler but loves being pet. I just take it as her personality and simply who she is. I've done a lot of research so I've come to that conclusion.

I spend time with her every day to remind her that we are family and always here for her, and she always comes out to greet us when we come by. We mostly let her watch our routine without bothering her. Loves her cat tree and toys, and just a super gentle girl. Has anyone ever experienced a cat like her before?

I've lived with cats my entire life, both shy and aggressive, and super loving altogether. I'm assuming maybe she hasn't had a lot of socialization before, but I'm no cat expert! I would have loved a more social one, but she's still perfect to me, I'd do anything for her.

2/3 of my cats have been like what you describe, one of them I found as a sick kitten on the street and the other came from a loving farm home. So I truly believe thats just their personalities. They love being in the same room as you (and eachother), but don't seek out pets or affection. They still like being pet (in small doses, anyway) and aren't exactly reclusive or afraid, so we just take it as part of their traits.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grayson. » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:45 am

Thalassic wrote:2/3 of my cats have been like what you describe, one of them I found as a sick kitten on the street and the other came from a loving farm home. So I truly believe thats just their personalities. They love being in the same room as you (and eachother), but don't seek out pets or affection. They still like being pet (in small doses, anyway) and aren't exactly reclusive or afraid, so we just take it as part of their traits.

Aww, yeah that sounds very close to her. Just kind of doing their own thing. I'd love to help her open up more, but if it's just her personality then, well it's just her personality! Cats certainly are very unique. Banshee was found on a highway before she was brought to the shelter, poor girl
Grayson.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brys » Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:49 pm

Grayson. wrote:Hi all, I adopted a cat from a shelter a little over a year ago. Her name is Banshee, an absolute sweetheart. 8 years old now (everyone calls her old but she still has so much time to go!) anyway, I have no idea what her backstory is, she's just super shy and afraid of any small change. It's taking a long time for her to get fully comfortable, but she does love us. Super reserved and to herself, not a cuddler but loves being pet. I just take it as her personality and simply who she is. I've done a lot of research so I've come to that conclusion.

Hello all.

I agree with Thalassic.
I've had a lot of cats in my life (buy, born in my house, find on the street) and each had their own personality and view of the world. Like any animal. I think.
One of my current cats had been found by my neighbor in the engine of his car (probably the kitten slipped in there to seek warmth) but he didn't find it right away and the poor guy was still in the engine when he used his car for shopping. When he understood that the mewings was in the engine, the neighbor brought him back to me thinking that it was the kitten that my family recently found in the street. So, we had two kittens in one week.

Today he is a 9-year-old adult cat, who spent a large part of his life being afraid, even of me or my family at times, until he naturally feels more comfortable.
Before, he spent a large part of his life outside or in the garden (I live in a house), once he got lost for two months, and when we found him I can guarantee you that he was happy to be back home.

Your cat is aware of your love and the security you bring her, just that she lives according to her nature. As you have already said, each of our pets has their own personality and reactions, which is what makes them unique.

PS: Sorry for the mistakes. I love our little furballs so much that I couldn't resist writing a little long text :')
Brys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me