LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby DaniVik » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:47 am

I´m sorry for what happend to you...
Image & Kiano
DaniVik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaniVik » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:57 am

Saturday my rabbit Nala died... she had a tumor in her head...

but: I´m so happy now, I get a new rabbit tommorow <3
It´s a female one and she´s a pure breed (I don´t know if you know the this breed too, it´s a german breed) from a breeder.
This is she:
Lovely litte bunny, she weights only around 2,6 pounds (1,2kg)! I´m looking for a name for her now... The fist letter should be a "p". It think about "Pearl" or "Princess"... have you got any ideas?
Image & Kiano
DaniVik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnowStar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:46 am

Okay I just read about the aggressive bunny thing above and I'm going to jump in.
(Why not? I love talking about my babies. xD)

I got my girl (albino New Zealand White mix breed), Miss Tuffsy, in 2005. She was three years old then.
When I got her, she wasn't spayed. And when I took her to the vets the vet refused to do any surgery on rabbits.
She loves being petted, kissed, and loved on and given treats. But if you try to pick her up, she is very aggressive. She is 11 years old now, and with all the loving, playing and whatnot - she still is aggressive when being picked up.

In my opinion, spaying would greatly improve the bunnies mood (not mine, I'm talking about tiata post). And I do agree with E.urka with spending extra time with them as much as you can. Try to learn their personality. Every bun in my opinion has a different personality like people.

Miss Tuffsy for example can be a sweety but will kill you if you try to pick her up. While my other rabbit, Cookie (who isn't spayed as well), is the sweetest thing I've ever seen, including when you pick her up.
So full of hate were our eyes
That none of us could see
Our war would yield countless dead
But never victory
So let us cast arms aside
And like discard our wrath
Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
Whilst we find the path

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Art block is hitting hard, sorry about not drawing much or being on lately.
SnowStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowytoshi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:59 am

SnowStar wrote:Okay I just read about the aggressive bunny thing above and I'm going to jump in.

I got my girl (albino New Zealand White mix breed), Miss Tuffsy, in 2005. She was three years old then.
When I got her, she wasn't spayed. And when I took her to the vets the vet refused to do any surgery on rabbits.
She loves being petted, kissed, and loved on and given treats. But if you try to pick her up, she is very aggressive. She is 11 years old now, and with all the loving, playing and whatnot - she still is aggressive when being picked up.

In my opinion, spaying would greatly improve the bunnies mood (not mine, I'm talking about tiata post). And I do agree with E.urka with spending extra time with them as much as you can. Try to learn their personality. Every bun in my opinion has a different personality like people.

Miss Tuffsy for example can be a sweety but will kill you if you try to pick her up. While my other rabbit, Cookie (who isn't spayed as well), is the sweetest thing I've ever seen, including when you pick her up.

Some rabbits also just dislike being picked up, it triggers their prey instincts ;)
Snowytoshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King of Crows » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:15 am

tiata wrote:Question!!! : So recently my 6 month old bunny is getting pretty aggressive... She used to be super sweet and cuddly, she still is but some times attacks you for no reason or some thing like a paper bag.... She just started in her old cage and now I changed her in a new big cage (she's been in there for like 3 hours) and already attacked her blanket went I lifted it a bit. Is there any way I can calm her? I might spay her this summer or fall but if it is to expensive I will not spay her. I really need some tips and please don't just say spaying will help.

Don't worry, from what I've observed of my rabbits when they were 5-7 months old this is typical behavior. Teenage angst, I guess ;D They got over it quickly and were soon back to their usual snuggley selves.
Reality is subjective.
King of Crows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiata » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:42 am

SnowStar wrote:Okay I just read about the aggressive bunny thing above and I'm going to jump in.

I've had more then ten rabbits in my life and she is by far the sweetest, nicest and the most adorable rabbit I've ever had. When I got her this summer I would take her every day for a few hours. I take her less now since she is almost ten pounds and shes kinda hard to carry around :shock: and she doesn't mind being held but doesn't like to moment you pick her up. I guess because it hurts her since she weighs allot. Since she is in her new cage she can let her energy loose and jump around as she wishes. She is less tense and aggressive so thats good. Thanks for your help and I hope getting her spayed this summer.
❤ You will forever be in my heart ❤

You have no right to use this gif without my written permission
tiata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiata » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:45 am

Perocore wrote:
tiata wrote:Question!!! : So recently my 6 month old bunny is getting pretty aggressive... She used to be super sweet and cuddly, she still is but some times attacks you for no reason or some thing like a paper bag.... She just started in her old cage and now I changed her in a new big cage (she's been in there for like 3 hours) and already attacked her blanket went I lifted it a bit. Is there any way I can calm her? I might spay her this summer or fall but if it is to expensive I will not spay her. I really need some tips and please don't just say spaying will help.

Don't worry, from what I've observed of my rabbits when they were 5-7 months old this is typical behavior. Teenage angst, I guess ;D They got over it quickly and were soon back to their usual snuggley selves.

Hahaha teenagers! She is better since she is in her new cage and can move like she wishes and let her energy loose XD
❤ You will forever be in my heart ❤

You have no right to use this gif without my written permission
tiata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LonelyGuldfisk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:08 pm

Hello i have 2 rabbits who go by the names Leo, a brown dwarf lop, and Lukey, a black mini lop. Leo was the first one i got then we were given Lukey, both get along well together. my sister has two guinea pigs and Lukey will sit near them and lick them. They get locked up every night to keep them safe from the mosquitoes. In the mornings they are let out into the fresh air to rome around and explore there outside pen. Occasionally i will put a harness on them and walk them around out of there pen. I feed them pellets and i give them carrots and other safe treats they are aloud. They are very happy, for they flick there back legs alot and love to run around. Anyway i would love to join your Rabbit Chat Group, i can be a great help and answer many questions thank you :D :D
WIP SIGNATURE
[ ArtShop || Deviant Art ]
LonelyGuldfisk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .: pop 101 :. » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:14 am

I love my rabbit c:
I wanted a lap dog to lay in bed with me, that i could pet when im lazy. Then i remembered my rabbit could do that.
Now my rabbit has a job. She lays in bed with me while i pet her as a stress reliever for my depression.
Who knew a rabbit could be as sweet as a dog. She just lays there and lets me pet her, and she sniffs around adorably. Shes full of love c:

Edit: I forgot to mention that if i stop petting, she nudges my arm to see if im ok.
.: pop 101 :.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZORAGON » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:23 pm

Need some help with making a Pedigree for my rabbit. Please only answer if you have experience with doing pedigrees thanks :thumbup:

Ok so I have a litter of Netherland dwarfs bunnies Both there parents have pedigrees, so what I want to know is how do I go about typing up pedigrees for the babies? I noticed that there are 15 rabbits listed on the pedigree which is 3th gen. I'm confused a bit how to I combined 2 pedigrees into one.
ZORAGON

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me