Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat V. 5

Postby meerkat boi. » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:33 am

i saw some discussion about fat dogs.
    yeah, my grandparents have a very fat bichon.
    cs says the file is too big. -small angry screech-

┏━►►━━━━━━━┓
this is a wip
┖━━━━━━━◄◄━┚
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

meerkat boi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:52 pm

@Mintu1 - OMG a pug in a sports shirt is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen. :) I knew that balance balls were good but never thought about them being that good for exercise. I'll have to get Chloe one. What one(s) do you recommend?

@d. frost - Yes, it does seem dogs feel jealousy. Or at the very least they can develop rescourse guarding issues with their people. But I don't think or know that they do so when their owners are thinking of getting another dog or looking at pictures. Though they could be thinking that you should be paying attention to me instead of doing whatever.

As long as you spend equal and special time with your old dog they shouldn't have need to develop jealousy over a new dog. Pair meetings with the new dog with good things to teach them that the new comer is a good thing. And some dogs enjoy or learn to enjoy having a canine sibling. Still some dogs prefer to be only children, and that's okay too. You have to know your dog.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neeko » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Neeko wrote:I have a 14 month old Great Dane who I love. I never thought my family would allow me to get a great dane because of the breeds enormous size but after our 9 year old Shepard past it was hard for them to say no. Luna has a beautiful almost pure black coat. Great Danes are not a easy dog breed though. We ended up having to put her in training because she is too big to act like a maniac. I actually started a Instagram account for her so I could have all her picture in one place. A year has past since and I have built the account up to 1500+ follower! She now models for over 5 dog company's and has more bananas then any dog needs lol.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q ... 5466174193

any other dane owners out there?
Just a busy high school student wasting time on yet another obsession.
Neeko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mintu1 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:48 pm

@Taiger Lilly
Trust me, by having a dog with thicker fur you are saving so much money that you would have to spend on dog clothing. The really thick coats you have to use during mid winter are so expensive. But I do have to admit, finding cute outfits for Chibi to wear during the cold is so worth it.

@Imzadi83
Right? She recieved it as a christmas gift from one of my family members <3
I have actually not done any balance ball training with her as I haven't had the equipment. Personally I have been looking into buying either a donut ball or a balance disc as they seem to be the best models for "beginner" dogs. I would really love to start doing balance exercises with my dog as it seems like alot of fun, and strenghtens the dog while giving it better balance. Of course make sure to do your own research if you do end up buying one to see which one you think would fit Chloe best c:
Disclaimer, clearly not my images
Slowly getting back into CS after being on a 2 year hiatus, nice to meet you all again!
Mintu1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby General Chaos » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:47 pm

Just a few puppy pictures of my baby ❤️

3 months old
Snapchat-542930837.jpg
Snapchat-542930837.jpg (58.26 KiB) Viewed 58 times

2 weeks old
FB_IMG_1516423516761.jpg
FB_IMG_1516423516761.jpg (58.47 KiB) Viewed 58 times

ღ trades welcome
ღ probably reading

General Chaos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:40 pm

@
Naeco
I do have a harness. She knows her commands. I have a "separate" line attached to the collar, as in, no tension on the collar at all. It is there for now as a safety net, mainly due to other people and their dogs. She knows gee, haw, on by, lets go, easy, and stop. She listens perfectly on walks. It only happens when she actually runs. And for this, she actually does the pulling as I cannot peddle the bike I have begun her training on. She is vet cleared and is 18 months. I am going slow.

I may have worded this wrong. But she knows all the commands already. She walks well next to me. And I have started training the right way. She knows her leave it command when running. Her only huge trigger is dogs when running only. Other than that, a simple "on by" works.

I was thinking of using the prong on the separate line as a correct. No different than an e-collar except this one is on a line. I do not and cannot afford an e-collar.

what do you mean with e-collar....a joring dog as well as sleed dog does not have a need for this.....
the same goes for collar...never attach a leash or rope to it while on the bike or ski....or whatever...
think it like this the dog pull you over the street after a running dog, down a hill you catch a tree and fall, the dog rus the last m of you leash and then fall down and neck is broken or dog shocking... till you are away from the bike and down to the dog...
would you do try this in a race they would send you home...

for running your dog is attached to your joring belt and on bike it is attached to a safety break away part too

it is really great that you trained the dog :D but i would Train more with his looking after dogs or people but he needs to follow asap in walk and running at hand not on the bike, then walkin and running next to the bike, bevor you even try this on the front of the bike ;)
is 18 month not a little young...i forgot the breed ...but we where told to start them with 2-3 year with any light bike training not real pulling

but i wish you good luck and fun learning with your dog!!

@
d. frost wrote:
    hey there
    I think this is a stupid question..
    but do dogs feel jealousy? and do they feel upset when they don't get the attention they desire?
    I was thinking about that if my parents ever do let us get another dog, will my current dog feel jealous over all the fuss of the new puppy?
    I start thinking about all these scenarios in my head where I see in my dog's point of view and that she is sad the new dog is getting all of her attention?
    yes, I would love to get another dog but my current doge, Lexi, will always be first. I just can't help but feel what she will (possibly)
    go through at the point it makes me feel rather upset? I hate the idea of my first and forever favourite dog feeling so upset, especially after today I could see the sadness in her eyes when my mom was looking at pictures of other dogs. I actually got out of my chair and gave Lexi a huge hug which she actually let me hug her and I whispered to her I'll always love her more than any other dog in the world.
    im not sure if it's just me or is here really sadness in her eyes because even when my sisters say 'omigod that dog is so cute!" if they see a dog on the television and Lexi just looks at the ground so I go and comfort her.
    I just feel really bad but I just want the best for my dog.

Yes they can :!: :!: and it is not a stupid question, but an interesting question :D
new research do show that dog feel and react bether to emotion humans can... and they still learn more about dogs or animal each day^^
it is in no way simply only rescourse guarding issues with their human or thing as still most say....or that dogs simply react to the smell of human emotion or movement...they react to shown pictures too in a closed room without human...very interesting and still so much more to learn

how your dog would react to a possible new dog or puppy depends on the og and puppy and how you did bring them together
and why should the new one get all attention? both the same, at the same time
and when the puppy does not work out you tell the breeder who you did told bevor with a contract that you try it out for a week or such.., when not you bring it back...(best is to maybe bring the dog with you when you visit the puppy to get it home)
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naeco » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:32 am

@Luzien

I tied it lose enough so that there is no contact even if she takes off. If she takes off, she will be pulling the bike with her harness. And 18 months is not too young. Sled dogs start light pulling at 3 months to 6 months. Plus she is vet checked.
Links
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3303502
MainThingaMajiger

Pets

Maple Creek
Naeco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby juicebox! » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:34 am

at my mom’s house we have a labrador mix and a chocolate labrador. they are both overweight. the chocolate is a rescue and was already overweight but gained even more weight since adopting him. my mom’s bf just throws a ton of food on the floor and feeds them whenever the dogs want. my dog is the chocolate labrador. i have told him a few times to please feed him less, he doesnt need that much food. and he doesnt need to eat 5 meals a day. he always gets mad and tells me that hes a ‘growing boy’ and ‘labradors get up to 100+’ it is clear that this dog is not supposed to weigh that much, lol. he literally looks pregnant. yesterday he told to feed my dog and i said okay i will and as i already had food from the night before i just gave him that. my mom’s bf was like “he needs more!!!” and let him eat the rest of the cats food. i was mad loool. since i have told him sooo many times to PLEASE stop feeding him so much cause hes fat. and it always turns into some arguement. my mom’s bf tries to be such a know-it-all. so he always exclaims how my dog needs food cause hes a growing boy and he’ll eventually lose the weight. but he also doesnt think his overweight dog is overweight. im like .. BRO.

i take my dog on daily walks/runs. he has backyard play and plays inside. ive shortened the amount he’s being fed. is there any advice i can have to get him to lose more weight?

at my dad’s house i have a mastiff mix and doberman. the doberman used to be fit and the mastiff could be if he wanted to be. he’s at a good weight now though. so i cannot stand now living with two overweight dogs. like hell.. the only reason my doberman is no longer fit is because he couldn’t be exercised for a while due to several injuries to his legs and all the smoke we ended up getting that made it dangerous for us to go outside.

i want to get my labrador fit so he can actually look good and maybe it’ll boost his energy and stuff. plus he’ll look a lot better. he weighed 90 lbs and was a bit overweight. i think 80 lbs would be solid for him.

so if you have any advice, please let me know! he is one years old, he was born on leap day so um. he’ll turn 2 around then LOL.
juicebox!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:23 am

Naeco wrote:@Luzien

I tied it lose enough so that there is no contact even if she takes off. If she takes off, she will be pulling the bike with her harness. And 18 months is not too young. Sled dogs start light pulling at 3 months to 6 months. Plus she is vet checked.

Have you tried running and jogging before you trained for the bike. The dog needs perfect attention before you even start with anything with wheels. If she doesn't listen at a faster pace she wont listen at a run.

Also with the collar I wouldn't have anything attached to it a sudden jolt will make her think twice about pulling which will be defeating the objective ( you correct her with the prong collar for being bad she could take it to mean she cant pull if it catches on something ) The only time a sled dog has anything on its collar is attached to the other dog beside it for keeping them together. If you need a collar use a flat collar or fabric martingale collar.
CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:55 am

Lilly is a little special sometimes.

She's got a vet appointment for teeth cleaning in a few days as well, so ignore her ugly front teeth please. :lol: It's something we didn't exactly have the funds for until recently because of Thor eating that dang rock.

Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me