Dog Owner Chat v3 ~Open!~

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dawg Owner Chat v3 ~Open!~

Postby Angelus Gaston » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:02 am

I don't own a BC but I use to look after and train my Aunts and let me say if you don't have the time dont get one.

They are very very high energy require alot of exercise both physically and mentally and can not be left with out anything to do.
They can work for anything, food, praise, anything even a rag.
They are not for the everyday dog owner as they can drive you nuts with the requirements.

Its a breed I love which fits In to my life as I have alot of free time to train and work with one but I currently have Lurchers and LongDog

CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fairytale. » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:50 am

I'm not sure if I posted an update on this litter/breeder, so I'm just going to go ahead and do it. The breeder and I clicked really well, and she thinks I would be a great home for one of her pups. There is only one puppy in this litter who may become available. Two of the pups are headed overseas, one to Germany, and the one that might fall through is possibly going to Holland. They have strict rules about what dogs are allowed into the country, and it seems both puppies fit the requirements. The family in Holland wasn't sure they were going to get the puppy, so they're just now going through the process of seeing if she can come over. If she can't, she'll become available again, and possibly go to me. There are other people interested, though, and I prefer a male anyway. But, lucky me, she has one more litter planned this year! She never breeds more than once a year, so I am seriously lucky I came across her when I did. I am in line for a pup from her next litter :) The dam is the mother to the owner's service dog, and the sire got his championship title in two (maybe just one? I forgot) weekends! He was only nine months old at the time :) Mom is a rough factored smooth tri, and dad is a rough factored blue merle. They are so beautiful. I would post pictures, but I'm not sure if I have permission to lol. She doesn't have a public facebook page or website. She runs the state's collie club and is a member of various other collie clubs. She trained her mobility dog, her husband's hearing dog, and two seizure alert dogs. Supports raw diets, feels that the earliest you should spay/neuter is one year... Basically we are a perfect match :3 I am so happy!
fairytale.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:52 pm

That sounds awesome! What kind of health testing does she do?
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fairytale. » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:40 pm

MDR 1, DM, PRA, OFA hips, elbows, heart, hearing, and also CEA. She not only shows but works her dogs, as well. The sire and dam of her current litter are both working dogs. The male is a mobility service dog, pulls carts, and competes in obedience and herding. The dam pulls carts and is competing in obedience as well. I'm not as sure about the future litter, but I plan to talk to her more about it. We're going to work out a time for me to come visit her :)
fairytale.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MacGyver » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:09 pm

Exciting! I hope this breeder turns out to be everything youre looking for and more!

I got Dixie her first chuckit ball some time ago to replace her favorite ball she lost at the lake, and they're awesome.
Image Image
████████████████████████ ███ ███ █████
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

█████ ███ ███ ████████████████████████
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
Image Image Image Image Image
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
DIXIE INSTA ART

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴅ ᴋᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ
HaruMakoNagisa
ReiRinMomo
SousukeNitori

CSCC Iwatobi Dog Chat

WIP
MacGyver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stonefly » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:01 pm

I have posted a few times in the last thread before I took a break from posting on most threads..So I thought I would join back in..re-introduce you guys to my two fur babies..

Meet Oliver Queen

He is a 10 month Presa Canario/Cane Corso/American Bulldog mix. Ollie was named after a DC archer the Green arrow! When I first got Oliver he had really bad leg bowing, but lucky enough for my family with the right care and quick enough attention by a vet his legs were able to heal, although I will still see his legs bowing out if I am over working him. This dog is the a wanna be lap dog, if you are sitting low enough to the ground he will trying climbing on your lap to cuddle with you. Since Oliver is not aloud in the house he doesn't get enough attention he thinks he needs so if there is someone on my yard that pets him he will stay close searching for any kind of attention he will get. Recently he has been dog aggressive when ever I take him out so I sadly I have done little off leash work with him off while walking but he seems to be getting better and I am not as scared to take him out to the dark park or out hiking with me. Currently I am working on his sit and down commands, and once he gets the hang of that I plan on starting the heel command while walking so I can do more off-leash walking.
Oliver also has his own Instagram account if anyone is interested, its Oliver_themutt

Meet Harley

Harley is a 5-8 year old Presa Canario. I have had him since he was a puppy but I just cant remember how many years ago it was. The sole purpose for Harley was to replace my since past dog Taz as a guard dog. Because of his poor dog socialization as a puppy I am not aloud to take Harley of property since he will attack any dog that will go near him(took him out once and tried it a few times). So Harley lives happily running around our property and sleeping in the large sawdust piles in our bunker. He is one of the sweetest dogs you will ever meet and is a giant puppy around people, all this dog wants it someone to give him attention..common theme with my dogs..

Spam of pictures of the two:

xXx
xXx
xXx
xXx
xXx
xXx
xXx
xXx
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

"I always feel like I am fighting, but I never know what"

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

-- ToyHouse -- Free art requests -- Commissions Open --
Stonefly | Adult | Semi Inactive

▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
▴|
▾|
Stonefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:27 pm

I'm still looking for a spring/summer harness for Chloe. I found this one http://www.baxterboo.com/p.cfm/american-river-choke-free-dog-harness-raspberry-sundae I liked that the buckle being on top of Velcro since that way I can't accidently catch her skin in the buckle. That is a great feature as she doesn't have fur to protect her and you never know when you're going to have to take off or put on the harness in a hurry or if the dog is feeling squirmy. Unfortunately there was a huge gap in the chest that even if not unsafe, was unsightly. *sigh* Back to the drawing board I guess. I also looked at the similar Puppia vest harness but the sizes make me think it won't work either. I'm sick of sending things back then don't fit too so I'll have to keep a lookout in stores. In the mean time the Puppia one that came with her when I adopted her will work fine, so will the Lupine though I only use it over clothes as I worry about the metal parts getting to hot against her skin.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bella. » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:29 pm

Bella. wrote:Apologies in advance for bringing negativity into the chat but... I am at a loss, I don't know what to do anymore.

Mkay so I haven't posted here in a fair while but if you remember, I have a beloved maltese x shih-tzu named Bella. She is the absolute sweetest thing in the world and never wants to disappoint. But, I know this breed has a reputation for barking, and while Bella rarely barks, she " boofs" like a little quiet half-bark kind of thing (I don't know how to explain it to those who don't know what I am saying). Everytime she does it, dad will yell at her and call her over to hit her with a newspaper or a shoe or a flyswat or anything near by. I won't go into further details, that is all that is really important. But Bella knows, if she does boof and dad doesn't hear, she will cringe and come over to me because she knows that she will probably be hit with something. I hate it. I hate dad for doing it. Every single tiny little noise she gets in trouble and it doesn't make sense to me. I want to know, for Bella's sake, if there is anything I can do to train her out of this natural instinct. To give a little more information;
She is a female, desexed, maltese x shih-tzu and about 7 years old. She gets plenty of exercise, I will throw a ball around for her in the house throughout the day and then in the evening we will go for a long walk/jog. If any other information will help, just ask.

Just to add - there are some times when I can tell when she is going to bark, but other times she is really quiet about it and seems unprovoked.
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
-•-○-✿-❀-✿-❀-✿-○-•-

┌────────────────────┐
aquarius • she/her • infj
├────────────────────┤
𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝙲𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐-𝚒𝚏𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

├────────────────────┤
My goal on CS is to collect
all of the pets. I'm at
97.6%
at the moment!
└────────────────────┘

-•-○-✿-❀-✿-❀-✿-○-•-
Bella.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark! » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:37 pm

I have a female lab x blue heeler (Australian Cattle Dog) mix. We live within city limits, and she can't stand to go on a lead outdoors when I'm not out there. However, she keeps roaming too far from our house, and often steals things from peoples yards, homes, and sometimes garbage bins. Everything from an expensive shoe, to a full bag of coconut has been dragged into our yard. We try to keep her inside as much as we can, and bring her on walks and such, however despite our attempts she keeps roaming and dragging such items into our yard. I'm afraid someone is going to call animal control, and we wont get her back. We've tried everything from clicker training, rewarding, scolding, leads, leashes, a fence, and even an electric fence was our last resort... but she managed to somehow figure out how it worked and chewed clean through one of the wires (we got rid of it asap when we saw this. it was not only a risk to us, but also to her)
𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖!
------- exo - adult - usa - gamer - artist -------
bark!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cardinal » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:33 am

F l y - F r e e wrote:
I have a female lab x blue heeler (Australian Cattle Dog) mix. We live within city limits, and she can't stand to go on a lead outdoors when I'm not out there. However, she keeps roaming too far from our house, and often steals things from peoples yards, homes, and sometimes garbage bins. Everything from an expensive shoe, to a full bag of coconut has been dragged into our yard. We try to keep her inside as much as we can, and bring her on walks and such, however despite our attempts she keeps roaming and dragging such items into our yard. I'm afraid someone is going to call animal control, and we wont get her back. We've tried everything from clicker training, rewarding, scolding, leads, leashes, a fence, and even an electric fence was our last resort... but she managed to somehow figure out how it worked and chewed clean through one of the wires (we got rid of it asap when we saw this. it was not only a risk to us, but also to her)

Braided steel cable with a good anchor. $20 for a 30ft in most cases. Use with a good harness.

Otherwise stop letting your dog out unattended.
Honey, it's in the stars
And you're my everything from here to Mars
And every word I say I truly mean
Dear darling, I hope I'm being clear
'Cause there's no one like you on earth
That can be my universe

Cardinal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes