Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby Gizmutt » Mon May 21, 2018 10:10 am

Ugg. I am having some peeing problems with my cat. I have noticed over the past 3-4 week that my shoes have started smelling a lot like cat pee. At first I thought it might be remnants of outside residue from wet rainy shoes. But now several pairs of my shoes that have not been out in the rain also smell suspiciously like cat pee. (Only my right shoes though, apparently she is discrimatory) I have never had problems before in the year plus I have owned the highly suspected culprit -and nothing has changed. But I am not happy, I can not have an inappropriately peeing cat in my apartment
So say goodbye to the old, and hello to that rainbow road ...
Gizmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Mon May 21, 2018 10:48 am

Magnum Audibeliever wrote:Ugg. I am having some peeing problems with my cat. I have noticed over the past 3-4 week that my shoes have started smelling a lot like cat pee. At first I thought it might be remnants of outside residue from wet rainy shoes. But now several pairs of my shoes that have not been out in the rain also smell suspiciously like cat pee. (Only my right shoes though, apparently she is discrimatory) I have never had problems before in the year plus I have owned the highly suspected culprit -and nothing has changed. But I am not happy, I can not have an inappropriately peeing cat in my apartment

Any change in behaviour warrants a vet visit to rule out a medical issue if that's ruled out then its a behaviour thing and you need to look at outside cats and territorial marking, household stresses and change in litter. You can also call in a cat behaviourist as well.
CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Mon May 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Angelus Gaston wrote:
Magnum Audibeliever wrote:Ugg. I am having some peeing problems with my cat. I have noticed over the past 3-4 week that my shoes have started smelling a lot like cat pee. At first I thought it might be remnants of outside residue from wet rainy shoes. But now several pairs of my shoes that have not been out in the rain also smell suspiciously like cat pee. (Only my right shoes though, apparently she is discrimatory) I have never had problems before in the year plus I have owned the highly suspected culprit -and nothing has changed. But I am not happy, I can not have an inappropriately peeing cat in my apartment

Any change in behaviour warrants a vet visit to rule out a medical issue if that's ruled out then its a behaviour thing and you need to look at outside cats and territorial marking, household stresses and change in litter. You can also call in a cat behaviourist as well.

I agree, it definitely needs a vet visit. If they rule out any medical problem, then you could try getting one of those shoe racks that hangs on doors and hopefully that will train her out of using your shoes as a litterbox.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Mon May 21, 2018 1:28 pm

I left my cat for the weekend, Home alone.. The dogs had no contact with him they were separated by a door all weekend. We came back and he's super skittish and keeps biting me??
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Mon May 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Raleigh. wrote:I left my cat for the weekend, Home alone.. The dogs had no contact with him they were separated by a door all weekend. We came back and he's super skittish and keeps biting me??

Was this your first time leaving him alone for that long? Sometimes cats can become fearful if their routine changes, like if their owner goes away on a vacation or they renovate their house or what have you. Give him a little bit to realize that you're not going to just up and leave again, and he should calm down. If he gets worse or you suspect he might be injured, definitely take him to the vet just to make sure nothing else is wrong.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Mon May 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Yes, It was his first time alone. Thanks for the possible explanation.
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Paranoia » Mon May 21, 2018 1:57 pm

Anyone have any tips on how to get my boy to stop scratching up the carpet? It's getting pretty bad.
He doesn't get startled by loud noises and me getting up might deter him for a moment for him to just come back and continue. He uses his scratching post every once and awhile but doesn't seem to appreciate cardboard as I've never seen him use the boards I have (my other cat does though). I've even put them directly over the spots he likes to scratch just for him to go around it.
He does have nail caps on constantly (since he'll get his claws stuck in everything if he doesn't so I tend to get them replaced once he gets a couple off) so me not cutting his nails isn't a problem.
Art by icseal & noch
DA | TH | Adopts storage

Paranoia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Mon May 21, 2018 2:27 pm

Paranoia wrote:Anyone have any tips on how to get my boy to stop scratching up the carpet? It's getting pretty bad.
He doesn't get startled by loud noises and me getting up might deter him for a moment for him to just come back and continue. He uses his scratching post every once and awhile but doesn't seem to appreciate cardboard as I've never seen him use the boards I have (my other cat does though). I've even put them directly over the spots he likes to scratch just for him to go around it.
He does have nail caps on constantly (since he'll get his claws stuck in everything if he doesn't so I tend to get them replaced once he gets a couple off) so me not cutting his nails isn't a problem.

There is a spray you can buy that is supposed to deter cats from scratching furniture, it may work on your carpet as well.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naeco » Tue May 22, 2018 3:34 am

Paranoia wrote:Anyone have any tips on how to get my boy to stop scratching up the carpet? It's getting pretty bad.

You said he doesn't appreciate cardboard yet he scratches the carpet? How about giving him a strip of carpet just for him?
Links
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3303502
MainThingaMajiger

Pets

Maple Creek
Naeco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby YourLocalBreadDealer » Tue May 22, 2018 5:16 am

So uh....funny story??
This isnt the funny part but midnight Moe is my service cat for stuff like my mental shutdowns
She was abused as a kitten and was dying of mapnutrition and crawled in through my window. She's always been skittish of other humans bc kids abused her horribly, etc so i don't make her go outside much.

Anyways
I had to leave her with an obnoxious dog that my other mom WILL NOT train properly.

She came back and ig now she knows how to growl like the dog XD!
I mean its not a vicious thing, she's do it when she hears other cats being mad or smth nearby (i watch cat videos),
And when someone knocks the door she growls and sees who it is. again. She's skittish of humans but she'll still growl!!

And im not talking about a tiny grunt, and im not mistaking it for anything else.
Its a low sound in her throat and she thinks she looks tough trying to protect me 😂
don't be flippin' rude

also

good things come to those who ARKARKARKARKARK

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 12 people.
I have received 10 gifts.
YourLocalBreadDealer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes