Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby maninkari » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:04 pm

"You need to get her spayed"
"Thousands of dogs die in shelters every year"
"When are you going to breed her?"
"Want to breed her to my dog?"
JUST LET ME OWN MY INTACT DOG. She's still a puppy oh my god, and I have no plans of breeding her. Why is it so hard to believe that I'm just not getting her spayed for health reasons?? I am not contributing to pet overpopulation and I have no interest in doing so. I'm also not so irresponsible that she would accidentally get pregnant.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:45 pm

maninkari wrote:"You need to get her spayed"
JUST LET ME OWN MY INTACT DOG. She's still a puppy oh my god, and I have no plans of breeding her. Why is it so hard to believe that I'm just not getting her spayed for health reasons?? I am not contributing to pet overpopulation and I have no interest in doing so. I'm also not so irresponsible that she would accidentally get pregnant.

Yes! I hate this, my vet even tried to do this to me!! Like no way, my dog is going to be fully grown before I even think about spaying her.
I say there are no accidental litters because the owner could have done lots of things to prevent their dog/cat from geting pregnant.

I also get: 'Oh yeahh, she looks so game, are you gonna let me get some pups off of her?' N O P E.
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:29 pm

People often tell me that having a purebred dog is horrible and when I tell them I have purebred standard they immediately freak out and say I am supporting back yard breeders, like umm no my poodle was a rehomed pedigreed Akc registered dog with conformation show poodles in his lineage his papers are on the wall in my home so no he didn't come from a backyard breeder people.

Basically people assume that every purebred dog or cat comes from a backyard breeder.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:05 am

today i got yelled at for letting my dogs offlead..... at an offlead park

we got to the park and my boys where a bit grumberly at each other so i let them off as soon as i could (so it wouldnt turn into a fight) i then spotted two ladys, there children and a dog, as i allways do with an unknown dog i called out 'is your dog friendley' while i keep my older dog at heal and my pup is off sniffing who had been to the pee patch(and im keeping my eye on him).

i was expecting just a yes or no but what i got was "no, you shouldnt let your dogs offlead near mine when you can see its onlead" i didnt respond but gave my dogs permisshion to go ahead and have a run about then glanced over to see if the dog was onlead, it was , but it was a small chain lead, there had been no way i could have seen it before letting my boys offlead, seeing it i wasnt to happy that they would have control if somthing happened so i got away from them as fast as i could.

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:22 pm

halogen. wrote:

Yes! I hate this, my vet even tried to do this to me!! Like no way, my dog is going to be fully grown before I even think about spaying her.
I say there are no accidental litters because the owner could have done lots of things to prevent their dog/cat from geting pregnant.

I also get: 'Oh yeahh, she looks so game, are you gonna let me get some pups off of her?' N O P E.

JEsus, I would be so pissed if someone came up and said that to me. Spade puppies and JJ puppies would be absolutely adorable though. If JJ was purebred I'd totally get her titled in a few sports, health test and breed her, but she's my mutt baby.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crossflare » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:28 pm

maninkari wrote:
halogen. wrote:

JEsus, I would be so pissed if someone came up and said that to me. Spade puppies and JJ puppies would be absolutely adorable though. If JJ was purebred I'd totally get her titled in a few sports, health test and breed her, but she's my mutt baby.

I honestly think it's your right to own an intact dog and also it's much better if you spay when they are mature anyway since it won't stunt their growth, due to early spaying and neutering. Though I will say this people who ask if they can breed to your pets are just crazy, it's like why on earth would someone even ask that.

What annoys me is when people get asked are you going to breed/spay/neuter/ why is your dog not fixed. I know someone at my college who was planning on breeding her schaunzer to another pedigreed schaunzer well they never ended up doing it so the dog ended up unneutered and is now an old man, nearly every person who meets Badger which is his name asks my friend when are you going to neuter him, She's not because he's an old man schaunzer who at this point is halfway over with his life so there is literally no point in neutering him cause of his age. Badger has never fathered puppies not even accidentally so there is no point in getting him fixed. He's at an age where neutering him would be far too risky and putting him through the surgery would just be like pointless.
Last edited by Crossflare on Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crossflare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtlasHyperion » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:31 am

"Your dog/cat/whatever must like me better than you"

I think we've all heard this at least eighty thousand times.

No. You're wrong. You just smell more interesting than inanimate objects. Get over it.
atlas // they/them
if you ever need someone to talk to my dms are always open
stay safe, be kind, and have a great day!
AtlasHyperion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:37 am

blazesong wrote:today i got yelled at for letting my dogs offlead..... at an offlead park

we got to the park and my boys where a bit grumberly at each other so i let them off as soon as i could (so it wouldnt turn into a fight) i then spotted two ladys, there children and a dog, as i allways do with an unknown dog i called out 'is your dog friendley' while i keep my older dog at heal and my pup is off sniffing who had been to the pee patch(and im keeping my eye on him).

i was expecting just a yes or no but what i got was "no, you shouldnt let your dogs offlead near mine when you can see its onlead" i didnt respond but gave my dogs permisshion to go ahead and have a run about then glanced over to see if the dog was onlead, it was , but it was a small chain lead, there had been no way i could have seen it before letting my boys offlead, seeing it i wasnt to happy that they would have control if somthing happened so i got away from them as fast as i could.

saw the lady again yesturday, she had no control over the dog, i saw her glearing at me from afar while failing to move her dog away (my dogs where on lead this time as we where heading to leave the park)

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LizzytheWolf » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:47 pm

I have a GSD/elkhound mix named Justin and a Bernedoodle (BMD/poodle mix) named Chesserie.

Chess is an old lady (almost 14, but she acts like a puppy) and I've been taking them for walks together for a few days. We go to the park a lot and people sometimes freak out when they see Justin because of his breed. He's one of the friendliest dogs I know and is far from the GSD stereotype.
When people ask how old Chess is, they get really...delicate. I don't know how else to explain it. They think she'll fall apart if they touch her. She's a beautiful dog and her fur is supposed to be good for people with allergies, super fluffy and very huggable but nobody can comprehend her age.
I have quit. Goodbye.
Profile pic is art of my GSD/Elkound mix, Justin. Credit to Kasezki on Deviantart.
LizzytheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby draconicdelirium » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:55 pm

these may not be my pets, but they are zoo animals. i absolutley HATE it when people tap on the glass of the snake enclosures :((

one day while i was at the dallas zoo in the reptile house, a guy was knocking on the glass of the king cobra's enclosure. i asked him to stop and explained why, because it could cause the snake to strike at the glass and badly injure it's head or even fracture the skull. he rudely replied with, "well, then! what do YOU know about snakes, huh?" emphasis on the word 'you' and 'huh.' i started spewing a lot of facts about snakes. i know most of these from being a personal snake owner and lover! a few bystanders overheard and started saying stuff like "roasted," "goteem," and "oooooooh." you know you destroyed someone when you where an 11 year old child that is somewhat short, standing up to a person who is obviously an adult and completely d e s t r o y i n g him. get rekt, random idiot.
draconicdelirium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me