Lakota's Mob. Of pets. Posting Welcomed~

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Lakota's Mob. Of pets. Posting Welcomed~

Postby Dogs Can Bark » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:29 am

~ . W e l c o m e . ~

I have so many furry kinfolk that you probably wouldn't believe me if I just told you, so I shall show you. :3 Please, you may look at the pictures, but do not steal them. This does mean you may not repost them, do not heavily reference them (AKA trace), and do not copy what my animals look like. Of course, that's just to name a few things you shouldn't do. Basically, do nothing but look at them, and I will be pleased.

Comments and fanarts are always appreciated, though. :D

~ . M y . D o g s . ~

I have 9 dogs. They all are loved very much, even if I may not have been to thrilled with my mother getting them. Of these dogs, I'd truely only call 2 of them mine. But I shall post all of my canine fur family. By the way, we are breeders. Responsible breeders, and we have adopted dogs before for pet purposes and rehome any of our poopers that families cannot keep for whatever reason. Do not go judging what we do, because we are not against adopting dogs. Some people just want certain breeds, and we provide pet quality pups with good homes. If we know people who are looking to rehome their own dog, we do notify people via our website that the dog is available. Plus, we always keep in contact with owners and refer other breeders and shelters.

Also, I would just like to say, don't go chatting to me saying you want to become a breeder. I do like people to be informed, rather than just thinking "Oh I like money, I like puppies, I'm gunna breed my two dogs!" But I still dislike when people come blindly up to me asking me a billion questions. If you already are a breeder, or need advice on picking/socializing a puppy, I'd be glad to help. :3 (And no, I am not going to give out the website to people, so don't ask, please.)

Border Collies ~

Angel, she is our first Border Collie and will be retiring this year. ^-^ Also she is no doubt the alpha of our pack. Also the mother of Jasmine and aunt of Jelly.

Dakota, he is our old-style Border Collie stud muffin extraordinare. ^-^ He is breeding partners with Angel, and is the most submissive dog in our pack. He is father to Jasmine, and is daddy to the half-siblings of Jelly. Also, Dakota seems nearly indestructable, as he has nearly gotten his leg cut off and has broken his jaw once. But he is still going strong, but since the leg thing he's retired to an easy life as a house dog.

(I will be adding more pictures, as this one is fail.) This is Jasmine, daughter of Dakota and Angel and cousin to Jelly. She is a smart girl, and I'm glad to be able to train her. We will have her hips and eyes checked and if she passes, she might become our new Border mumma. She will definately take easily to the job, as she loves all of the Corgi pups.

Pembroke Welsh Corgis ~

Scooter passed March 3rd, 2009 and will forever have a place in our hearts. He was our first Corgi, and a great daddy to the pups of many lucky owners. We love him so much to this day, and will never forget him. <3

I am not sure of the date that Lola passed, but she also was a great pup. Scooter had outlived her, and when we got Bella, he didn't seem sure whether or not he could play with Bella because he did not know what happened to his Lola. <3

Bella, a fiesty undersized Corgi who came from a kennel background. Not to be confused with a puppy mill, but it is where puppies are raised out in a Kennel, rather than in the home of their breeder. They do get propper attention and grooming, but do not always get the same love a house-raised pup does. She is a great mumma, a protective one to any dogs who come around her, though. We also hear her "talking" all the time, and Bella forbids you from expecting to walk around in the morning quietly. She will start her playful morning growls and jump all over you. But you just have to love the little rascal. ^-^

Mariah, or Riah, as we like to call her, is a sweetie. She will act like this wimp, and rub up on you, sometimes daintily jump up on you, begging for attention. Don't let that fool you, because if another dog dares mooch of her people, she will growl like you wouldn't believe. Jealousy, much? Nonetheless, also a good mumma. She definately acts a bit more delicate than Bella, but she is taller. Still undersize, though.

Jabber flabber, burr butt, whatever you call him. His name is Jasper. Now with the whole Bella and Jasper thing, you may think we named them after Twilight. But we got Bella before that Twilight craze, and Jabber came with his name. I like to refer to this daddy as our "chicken dog". No, that is not because he is good at herding. It is because he is scared of everything. Dx Whether it be a handtowel or a little packet of spices for my ramen noodles. >.> But, he is loveable. When we got him he was alot older than people usually get dogs from breeders, so he wasn't very socailized. God forbid a dog from show lines be socialized. >.> He's getting better, though.

Lastly for a pure PW Corgis, Mercedes. We call her Sadie, however. She has this "fluffy" gene, while Jasper is a carrier of the fluffy gene, Sadie is actually affected by this gene. She is our derranged dog, but we luff her to pieces. She is an excellent herder of dogs an people, and very loveable when she wants to be. (She's just like a cat. >.>) She is definately hell on wheels, and is a pending breeding dog. She would make a good mumma, I'm sure. She loves to play, also. Sometimes she gets a little carried a way, and is always the dog getting things blamed on her. But I will make sure they get blamed on the cats. ^-^

Mixes ~

(They are both altered, which means they cannot reproduce.)

I would have more pictures, but I am in nearly every single one of them. This is Jelly, my Border Collie, PW Corgi mix. Scooter was her daddy, and one of our former Border Collies, who didn't adapt to farm life very well and had to be adopted out, Jayden, was her mother. I lovingly call her "Taildog", as she is our only stubby dogs with a tail. <3 She and I share the same bond that Scooter and I did, and without her, I probably would have died when Scooter did. She was an oopsie baby, but was no mistake to me. I brought her everywhere with me, I still would prefer to, but I can't now. The most spoiled dog in the world, and she isn't even a brat like most spoiled dogs. ^-^

Again with me being in all the pictures. xD This is Buddy, a Newfoundland, Golden Retriever, German Shepherd mix. He is an outside dog, but of course has free useage of our insolated garage. ^-^ A handsome pile of fur. We actually rescued him from a city situation where the owner nearly had a new dog every month. He loved to roam the city, and they'd been fined so many times. The people who gave him to us actually said that they didn't know he would get big. >.> Urhm, hello? He is part Newf, he is going to get big! But now he loves being on a farm. It is great for him. He ventures over by our aunt's house, which is right across the road. Buddy has actually been a cause for a road blockage, and police were called to take care of the situation. A golden newf laying in the middle of the road can do that, sometimes. xD I love him so much, and wish I could take him inside. He is a smart boy. ^-^
Last edited by Dogs Can Bark on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am looking to trade away all my CS pets for Art, PM me if you are interested. I'm really only looking for more advanced artists. Include examples of your work please. :3

FurAffinity.DeviantArt.Lakota's Pets.The Haven
{ Formerly Tetra/Izancai/Lakota Many-More/Lakota ~/Zxy/.:Lakota/Collies can fly }
Dogs Can Bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lakota's Mob. Of pets.

Postby Dogs Can Bark » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:10 am

~ . M y . H . o . r . s . e . s . ~

Yep, we have horses. 2 horses. They are love, sometimes. Other times.. questionable. xD

My sexy overgrown POA, Moe, sporting a top-knot. xD

The beautiful mare, Sadie, having a bit of a snack. Not that she needs it. xD

I love my Moe to pieces, and my mother loves her Sadie. It is confusing to have a horse Sadie and a dog Sadie, but we get by.

About four years ago Moe bucked me off, and I sprained my wrist. Of course, I got back on, but not really on my own will. I would have in time, but they made me get on once my wrist was healed. And around two years ago, he reared me off and I sprained my hip. >.> Both of these times I was riding at home. And when I sprained my hip it was the first time I had ridden him at home since the first incident. I still love him, even though my parents said he was no good and we should get rid of him. But he's my baby. <3 Even if he is hell in a handbasket when it comes to riding, it's pure love to play with him. ^-^

I have been making more progress, but my hips hurt like heck whenever I ride him now, so pain medicine is always a step away. Dx I actually have switched trainers, and we now do Parelli, which is natural horsemanship. The first, non-copied natural horsemanship by Pat Parelii. Some of his students stole many of the concepts from him without giving him credit, so if you see similar styles, that's why. Moe has responded to this extremely well, and I love this training method rather than tiring the crap out of your horse, when they can't walk, then you ride.

He is so intellegent, and I am glad to have him. <3

We haven't had Sadie for very long, so I can't say much about her. So far she has been a poop to ride, I haven't gotten on her, but my mom has. She is the 'bomb-proof' beginer's horse. >.> Heck, I'd much rather ride Moe than her. But, what matters is my mom likes her. My mom was fearful of horses, and Sadie is the first horse she has actually enjoyed riding in nearly 25 years.

Art of them;

Image Image

Moe by Snook22. Yes, these were made for me, and only me. No stealing!
Last edited by Dogs Can Bark on Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am looking to trade away all my CS pets for Art, PM me if you are interested. I'm really only looking for more advanced artists. Include examples of your work please. :3

{ Formerly Tetra/Izancai/Lakota Many-More/Lakota ~/Zxy/.:Lakota/Collies can fly }
Dogs Can Bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lakota's Mob. Of pets. Posting Welcomed~

Postby steppittee » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Wow! You sure do hava lotta lovely pets!
ImageImageImage
steppittee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dogs Can Bark » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:00 pm

steppittee wrote:Wow! You sure do hava lotta lovely pets!

Thanks. ^-^ I'll take that as a compliment. xD

Dogs Can Bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pugnacious! » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:13 pm

Wow, beautiful animals. I have to agree with you on the newf thing; since when don't newfies, or even part newfies, get huge? German Shepherds can get pretty big, too. Does he slobber? (Referring to Buddy, if you couldn't tell) Also, Angel doesn't look a day over two in my eyes (that's supposed to be a compliment), how old is she? And what color is Dakota's called? He's very handsome. I'm sorry about the loss of your corgis, it's always hard to lose a pet.
Sorry if I asked too many questions, I just get curious when it comes to animals.
Last edited by Pugnacious! on Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desperately Seeking Sphynxes!
[ Pug | Agender (They/Them) | Pansexual | ENFP ]
Currently invested in The Magnus Archives and events of High Strangeness

[ Magistream ]

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pugnacious!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jerry » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:14 pm

Gorgeous dogs <3
Jerry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dogs Can Bark » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:38 pm

He doesn't slobber too bad. Well, compaired to most of the newfs I've met. xD Angel is 7 years old, and with a liesurely life like hers, I wouldn't expect her to ever look too old. xD Dakota's color would just be Black and White. I forget what the small spots on his face and legs are called. Some of his puppies have turned out that way. > . > . >

It's alright, Pug, I love answering questions like that. ^-^

Thanks, Jerry. ^-^

Dogs Can Bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ubiquitous » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:33 am

Your pets are beautiful!

...... Image

............................... { .A Little Inspiration. }

......................I used to be .inspiration.
......Image
ubiquitous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dogs Can Bark » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:17 am

CandiceHorse18 wrote:Your pets are beautiful!

Thanks. ^-^

Dogs Can Bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rolling Girl » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:35 am

Your pets are really cute! X3

Also, I'm sorry to hear some of your Corgis passed away. :(
I guess I'll stop my breathing now.
I'M NOT DOING TRADES, SO DON'T EVEN BOTHER ASKING.
deviantART|LiveJournal
Rolling Girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me