Kite's Writing Competitions (Contest 3 Open!)

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Kite's Writing Competitions (Contest 3 Open!)

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:20 am

IndentionHi there! Maybe you've seen me around the forums? You can call me Kite! I'm a long time player on CS, but more importantly, I'm a hobby writer. If you ask me, the art of writing is undervalued. Is there a writing competition forum? Nope. Do you see any other active writing contests? Again, nada (we just got one!). I'm here to shake things up! Keep reading if you are a hobby writer too.

So, What is this?

IndentionThis is the topic where I will host writing competitions. The prizes will always be rare and up. The rules and prompt for each writing contest may change, so if you don't connect with one theme maybe you can pick up the next contest. Make sure to read the rules section over again for each new competition.

Competition status: Contest 3 Open!
Competition End Date: February 7th at rollover

Index:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Font credit
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:57 am, edited 34 times in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kite's Writing Competitions: Pet Prizes

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:30 am

IndentionHere you can see the CS pet prizes for the current writing contest. The pets will change after a contest ends and prizes are given away! Always check this section before entering the next contest, so you know what you could win!

Current Contest Prizes:

Prize Distribution:

First Place: First choice of 4 pets linked above

Second Place: Next in line to select 4 pets linked above (from what is left)

Third Place: They will receive the three pets that are left from the pets linked above

Indention**New** I have decided to include participation prizes! For anyone who enters, with a complete form, but does not place they will receive a free trade from myself. The pets will come from my trades groups. I will try and provide wishlist pets, but sometimes that isn't possible. Free pets nonetheless!
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:50 am, edited 7 times in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kite's Writing Competitions: Competition Rules

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:59 am

Competition Rules:

IndentionThis is the section that will have the writing competition rules. Please read this section before entering, every time! The rules are subject to change depending on the prompt of a particular contest.

General Rules:

1. Follow all of CS Writing Rules

2. No plagiarism (all works must be your own)

3. One entry per person per contest

4. All story entries must be 500 words or more but can't exceed 5,000 words
4 b. All entries must have word count displayed.

5. No spam. Marking is fine, but any other discussion goes in the Fan Club

6. I may extend the end date depending on interest or if user(s) requested
6 b. Contests will not be extended more than two months out from original end date

7. I may add or edit rules as needed

Current Contest Rules:

1. Your main character must be your own original character. They cannot be a copyrighted media character.

2. Any characters that do not belong to you must be linked with permission from their owner to use in your entry. Unless you use one of my OCs.

3. The prompt that you select for your entry will not give you an advantage in winning.
3 b. ie, If you are the only one who submits under a prompt this does not mean you automatically win. All entries will be judged as a whole.

4. This is my writing competition. I will choose winners based off my own preferences. What I like to read, ya know.

5. No complaining if you do not win. Poor sportsmanship will result in a ban, so let's encourage each other shall we!
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kite's Writing Competitions: Prompts

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:00 am

Writing Competition Prompts:

IndentionThis section will house the various prompts available to you for your story entry. For my writing competitions I want to celebrate: original characters! What are original characters? They are fictional characters created by you. We'll refer to them as "OC"s, as a shorthand. Do you have OCs you'd like to write about? Then this competition is for you! I want to read about your OCs and I've catered some prompt options to spark some story ideas.

Prompt 1

IndentionWrite a story about your OC/s celebrating Valentines Day. This was the most voted for theme in the poll, so let’s showcase this romantic holiday! How do your OCs celebrate Valentines? Do they have a significant other to treat? Do they have a crush they’ll confess to? Do their plans go well? Tell me about it!

Prompt 2

IndentionWrite a story about your OC/s that is bittersweet. For this prompt I’m envisioning almost an anti-Valentines Day. I’m looking for unrequited love or a breakup story or losing a loved one. Although sad, those stories are worth telling too.

Prompt 3

IndentionWrite a love story about your OC/s. I am a sucker for a good romance. Any sexuality is welcome! How did they get together? How did they know it was real? Was it love at first sight? A slow burn? I can’t wait to read about your couples!

Prompt 4

IndentionThis is a photo prompt. Write a story about your OC using the photo linked as inspiration. You can use one photo for the basis of your story, or a combination of photos. How did your OC get to the setting displayed in the photo? What events are taking place in the photo displayed? Are they in danger? Go wild when it comes to formulating a story based off one or many of these photos!
Photo A

Photo B

Photo C

Photo D
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:14 am, edited 8 times in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kite's Writing Competitions: Entry forms

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:01 am

IndentionFor this competition we will have just one entry form. Please fill out the form fully and post to this thread, before the contest end date, to be considered as an eligible entrant. You may post a WIP form, but only complete forms will be judged when the competition closes. Have fun writing!

Competition Form:

Code: Select all
[b]I am entering![/b]

Username:

Main character reference:

Main character storage page (optional):

Prompt number (if 4, also give photo letter/s):

Word count (must be 500 words or more):

Are you using someone else's OCs in your story? (If yes, link permission):

Writing entry:

NEW** You can link your story if you saved your story to a word page, pdf, etc. However, please link your story in the "writing entry" section of the competition form. Also, I would encourage any users who link their story to get their entry in early. I will test out any links I see, make sure I can access the story. If the competition closes for judging I will not be delaying judging if links are broken.

x
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kite's Writing Competitions: Past Winners

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:01 am

The past winners and their entries will be linked here!

Past Winners:

Contest 1:
First place = Orange_Jelloe = entry: here
Second place = Kalid = entry: here
Third place = ChristainAnimalLover = entry: here

Contest 2:
First place = Kalid = entry: here
Second place = ELLISECTOMY = entry: here
Third place = Orange_Jelloe = entry: here
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kite's Writing Competitions: Kite's OCs

Postby BlueEyedKite » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:02 am

You can use any OCs here for your stories!

IndentionYou do not need to link permission for any OCs you find here in your stories. It's perfectly acceptable to make up histories with your OCs and mine, but I ask that you not use my characters for a romantic relationship (flirting is fine lol). Also, I will be looking to see how accurately you portray my OCs in your entries ^^ Use their strengths, weaknesses, backstories to your advantage. Happy writing!

Males:

Name: Callum - Cal

Species: Half human/Half angel

Sexuality: Hetero

Eye Color: Blue

Hair Color: White

Body build: 6’0, 150 lbs, lightly muscled

Abilities: He comes from a long line of exorcists. He can tap into his angelic powers to exorcise demons. This involves him meditating, clearing his mind, and allowing his angel side to take over. When this happens his eyes and mouth shine white/glow and there is a chorus of voices singing in an unknown language that grows louder or softer depending on Callum’s stamina. His tears can be used as holy water and he can use an angelic weapon, a sword that is white gold with blue inscriptions etched along the blade. He is a fine swordsman but prefers to banish demons by discovering their true names and invoking they be gone while in his angelic state.

Personality: Reserved/ Soft-spoken/ Down-to-earth/ Surprisingly open-minded / Protector of those deemed weak

Other: He recently lost his grandfather to a demon attack. Callum is taking a break from his exorcist career unless the stakes are dire. Cal has two kitties named Sherlock and John; Sherlock being a long haired black smoke cat with yellow eyes and John being a long haired white cat with blue eyes. He prefers tea and not coffee, does not like the cold, tends to a collection of house plants/succulents, and can forage knowing many species of fauna.

Name: Nefarian – Nef - Neffie

Species: Dreamwalker

Sexuality: Bisexual

Eye Color: Black

Hair Color: Blonde

Body build: 6'4", 155 pounds, he’s fit and quite the looker

Abilities: Nef can enter dreams and make changes to them, an ability known as dreamweaving. His dreamweaving specialty is substitution, this means he can change an aspect of a dream. Turn a tree into a lamppost, a rock into a turtle, any object into another, as long as he changes something already existing in the dream. His dreamweaving magic is cherry red, so an object will sparkle red before transforming. Nef also prides himself on being able to change objects on a hair’s trigger, quick on the draw.

Personality: FLIRTY / Devil-may-care / Adventurous / Extrovert / Thrill-seeker / Confident / Wisecracker

Other: Nef is ranked second in a criminal group known as the Wicked Six. He is in hiding from authorities for helping Wicked Six to steal the essence of dreamer’s and converting that substance into dream juice, an illegal liquid sold on the black market. He is usually the protection detail, as he can quickly substitute aspects of a dream to make them harmless: bullets into butterflies, a net into silly string, a sword into a pool noodle etc. He loves getting up to no good. Nef is also a natural dancer and loves vibing to music.

Name: Skyler - Sky

Species: Immortal snow canine

Sexuality: Bisexual

Eye Color: Pale Gray

Fur Color: mixture of white, gray, and teal

Body build: scrawny with long fur, about the size of a wolf-dog

Abilities: Skyler may not look it but his body is made of snow. He must remain in frigid temperatures or else he could melt. He can cause snow to fall, create ice, and can make snow people simply by envisioning his creations. The snowy weather just sort of comes into being when he wills it and vanishes when he wants.

Personality: Softie/ Affectionate/ Friendly/ Moody/ low-self esteem/

Other: The story goes that Skyler was upset with his twin sister, Luna, and suddenly departed her company. There was nowhere to go but up a mountain, so he climbed and climbed, until he was nearly frozen at the snowy peak. The goddess of winter found Sky on his last legs and convinced him to trade his heart for a body "that would never feel cold". Now Skyler takes refuge in the only shelter at the top of the mountain, an abandoned church. He cannot climb down the mountain or risk melting. Sky did befriend a polar bear cub he named Akiak. Other than his furry bud he doesn't have any acquaintances and longs to be visited by a traveler, despite the frozen elements.

Name: Willow - Will

Species: God of Autumn takes the form of a red fox

Sexuality: Unknown

Eye Color: Green

Fur Color: Mixtures of red hues with green and orange leaf markings as well as spots of white.

Body build: Small and lean like any wild fox but with a fluffy coat and bushy tail

Abilities: He can teleport, manipulate the nature around him, and summon objects into being. He tries not to show off though

Personality: Curious/ Carefree/ Open-minded/ Playful/ Mischievous

Other: Willow is the Guardian of Autumn. He lives in an ancient forest deep in wild country. The little fox hibernate through Spring and Summer and awakens for Fall and Winter. He loves participating in each and every Fall and Winter activity. Will has a zest for life and always curious of the creatures of the world and what they get up to.

Females:

Name: Aelwen “Wenny” - Wen

Species: Wood elf

Eye Color: Emerald green

Hair Color: Red

Body build: 5’9, 135 lbs, tall and willowy

Abilities: Wenny has an affinity with animals and fauna. She can speak telepathically with animals and usually has some wildlife following her at all times. Wen can also spur plants to grow even those wilted or shriveled.

Personality: Animal lover/ Generous/ Studious/ Tender hearted/ Patient/ Compassionate/ Curious

Other: Wenny lives in a cozy cabin in an overgrown forest. She tends to a garden and occasionally goes to town to sell her plants for healing purposes or to farmers for raising crops. She is a little bit sheltered, but loves learning about different ways of life and to experience new things. She can come off as shy but extremely nurturing to friends.

Name: Rose Red

Species: Folklore Entity but appears as a canine creature or a maiden

Eye Color: Green

Hair Color: Long red hair

Body build: 5'4, 120 pounds, curvy and doesn't mind wearing form fitting clothing

Abilities: Rose Red has an affinity with wolves. She can communicate with them telepathically and influence them to do her bidding with a commanding voice she calls her "alpha pitch". Her red cloak is an heirloom passed down through the females of her family and she must wear it to control and communicate with wolves.

Personality: Guarded/ Quiet type/ Observer/ Defensive/ Loyal to her pack/ Takes no nonsense

Other: Rose Red lives in a folklore kingdom with her pack of wolves. She comes from a long line of female "red cloak bearers" and the wolves that keep her company span generations alongside her family. The pack sees her as "high alpha female" and follow her guidance without the use of her "alpha pitch". Rose Red is mortal enemies with the personification of baba yaga, who goes by the title the Witch of the Woods. Rose Red is slow to befriend strangers but can be persuaded to run protection detail with her wolves, for a price.
Last edited by BlueEyedKite on Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:48 am, edited 7 times in total.
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kite's Writing Competitions (WIP Marking is fine)

Postby honeybunchesofoats » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:06 am

Marking!!!!

╔══════════════════════════════╗
When you become untouchable,
you're unable to touch.

╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hello! Oats/Dante, He/They
Psych, Video games, Art, Anime
Links: Baltics, Toyhouse, DA
Sig insp: Midas

╚═════════════════════════╝

honeybunchesofoats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RedtailTheWarrior » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:07 am

mark!!
♠Life is just a cycle of getting people to attend your funeral.♠

RedtailTheWarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plunch » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:32 am

mark ! i wanna practice my writing skills :>
present day /// timezone EST // eng/中文 /// ǝɯᴉʇ ʇuǝsǝɹd
Image Image Image
plunch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me