CHALLENGE ONLY YOURSELF [325 Store Pets] RESULTS

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

What do you think about this art contest?

I am thinking about entering.
33%
I don't know if I will find time to enter.
16%
I will not enter the contest.
2%
I like the prizes offered.
25%
I don't find the prizes interesting.
No votes
I think this is a unique contest.
22%
I don't understand how this contest is any different from others.
1%

Total votes : 139

CHALLENGE ONLY YOURSELF [325 Store Pets] RESULTS

Postby Asvoria » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:30 am

x
Asvoria's "CHALLENGE ONLY YOURSELF" Art Contest
»»─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────««

Hellou and welcome to this slightly different art contest, where you will only be competing against your own skills and limits!

Introduction
    ────────────────»
    Some time ago, I decided to end my journey on chickensmoothie by trading my almost complete pet collection away to gather all those different store pet sets from 2010 to 2023 and offer them as a huge prize for my own art competition. My time here was lots of fun and as I received many more valuable pets through commissions myself, I'd like to honour the art community especially by giving you all the chance to win one of every store pet sets from 2010s seals to this years newest water dragons (excluding single releases) for your own collection!
    There will be a raffle going on for all participants with a Skelebunny as prize and even if you don't manage to score the top 76 people, you will still receive a number of (preferable wishlist) items from my collection. When this contest is over, my account will be empty with the only exception being the contest mascot.

I'll give you the maximum amount of freedom in interpreting a variety of my characters into all sorts of different species (feral or humanoid) and draw them in almost every setting imaginable, so that everybody will be able to find something in their comfort zone, whilst pushing their current skills to new heights!
    Please bear with me as you read through the rules and setup of this contest to understand everything, and do not hesitate to contact me directly or ask your questions here if you need some more clarification.

Overview
    ────────────────»
    START: 1st of January '23
    END: 30th April '23 - Midnight CET
    PRIZES: 325 Store Pets in 76 different Sets [Prize Group]
    + participant raffle [Skelebun] + all items owned [183 pages]
    —————»
    MEDIA: traditional, digital or a mix
    CHARACTERS: Pick one and re-interpret into any different species,
    xxxxxxxxxxrace or breed whilst keeping their personality in mind
    JUDGING: Based on your previous artworks,
    xxxxxxxxxxno direct competition against others
    —————»
    The deadline of this contest has been extended once
    but is now the final date to submit your entries!

—————»
Contest Mascot
────────────────»

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
    Enjoy yourself and remember to cherish and appreciate your own art, no matter how difficult that might be <3

»»──────────────────────────── QUICK LINKS ────────────────────────────««
INTRODUCTION | CONTEST RULES | CHARACTERS | PRIZES
PARTICIPANTS | SUGGESTIONS | JUDGING | FORMS | FAQ | APPENDIX

x
Last edited by Asvoria on Sun May 07, 2023 12:57 am, edited 18 times in total.
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CONTEST RULES

Postby Asvoria » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:30 am

x
CONTEST RULES

Please take your time to read through the following rules and do not hesitate to ask if anything seems unclear!

General
    ────────────────»
    - This contest adheres to all regular site rules, so please be kind and respectful in any posts.
    - Any stated information regarding rules and content of this contest can be changed if necessary.
    - The deadline is subject to change and might extend depending on the amount of people interested.
    - I reserve the right to adjust the judging criteria during the process of this contest up until the official deadline.
    - You may mark, bump and ask any questions on this thread, but official participation is only possible by registering by using the respective form.

Artworks
    ────────────────»
    - By taking part in this contest, you grant me the right to download and perhaps print your artwork for my personal usage, as well as upload it to other sites (see below for credit rules). This affects all artworks, regardless of your placement in this contest, and whether the price received equals something you normally expect as payment for your artwork.
    - You may upload your entry on whichever platform you prefer, as long as you provide me with a direct link.
    - You may present as many entries as you would like, but only the highest scoring artwork will determine your placement.
    - You may collaborate with other people, but only one artist may register the artwork. In case of winning, you will have to discuss the price split yourself.
    - You are not allowed to use any premade linearts or bases. Any entry must be your own artwork.
    - You are not allowed to use any AI-based generator to help you with creating an artwork, even if you manually edit it afterwards.

Credits
    ────────────────»
    - For any horse-based character, I expect credit to my deviantART profile, preferably with a link to the character's reference sheet displayed.
    - For the WoW-based highelf characters, I ask for anonymous credit for "Sternlichtrose" (for Amalthea & Elruin) and "Manadistel" (for Ciranor). Please refrain from mentioning my deviantART account or username in this context.
    - If you include characters not owned by me, please credit their deviantART profiles additionally.
    - All artworks are for my personal use only and in case I should be uploading them to another site, I will make sure to properly link back to your original artwork.

I will try and answer any questions on this thread and in direct messages as quick as possible, but cannot guarantee you fast replies. You might have more luck catching me on deviantART or ask for my discord tag if you feel like you have a lot to discuss!

x
Last edited by Asvoria on Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:07 am, edited 11 times in total.
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CHARACTERS

Postby Asvoria » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:31 am

x
CHARACTERS

The following list includes all characters of mine that you might draw for this contest.
The order in which they are listed represents my personal preference, as well as the quantity of information provided to you.

World of Warcraft High Elves
    ────────────────»
    STASH | Match-married elven couple in their midterms that talks and fights their way through higher society. Both are magicians and whilst AMALTHEA is a botanist and enchanter, CIRANOR prefers to stick with history and archaeology.
    - Personality: Very arrogant and self-confident, as they have seen and conquered a lot. Expect lavish scenes of balls, magical gatherings, walks through woods or floating rich cities. They have a very spoiled elf child.
    - Background: There is a lot of lore to the World of Warcraft universe, and I'm more than happy to provide you with detailed information and scenes, but as this is a rather special task, I leave it to those who ask for it.

Except the high elves, you might re-interpret and re-design any of my horse characters into any other species, breed or creature imaginable, so that you are not bound to the fact that I am mostly an equine artist! I have tried to provide an overview of their personalities and traits here, as well as some ideas of common species that I find suitable to their original design, so please follow the provided links to see their reference sheets for all public information.

Primaries
    ────────────────»
    AZRAEL | One half of an ancient shadow demon
    - Personality: Not the strongest thinker and somewhat of a bully, can be greedy and ruthless to get what he wants.
    - Species: Natural shapeshifter, prefers a human or hellhound but could rock anything shadow /demon-ish
    CALAMITY | Wise time-keeper trying to protect his family
    - Personality: Absolutely calm and ancient speaking fellow with a love for harmony and justice.
    - Species: Would love to see him as a human. Anything canine maybe or something more mystical.
    HURRICANE | Weather guardian with a helper complex
    - Personality: Slightly childish but goodhearted spirit that tries to make everyone happy and looses himself easily.
    - Species: Something with feathers, just like any bird or a gryphon. Can imagine him as a human/ angel creature.
    TALAITH | Last dryad of her time with a love for sun
    - Personality: Bearing the gift of life is a burden and motivation for her likewise, as she fulfils her destiny and seldom dares to cross the line.
    - Species: Something strongly connected to nature, like bovines, cervines, maybe fish/snake or even a qilin? Fights as a seven-tailed kyuubi and has a human form.

Secondaries
    ────────────────»
    JAMAICA | Hurt and weak soul searching for redemption
    - Personality: Shy and scared being that tries to recover from her experiences but does not hesitate to see good in dark situations.
    - Species: Human version? Could be avian or any other very sleek creature!
    JUÁREZ | A strong-minded leader with the heart of a fighter
    - Personality: Very small and sturdy lady that you better not underestimate, as she'll judge you at first glance.
    - Species: Definitely something that can defend itself, so any predator that is quick and smart on its legs.
    MATCHEM | Young rascal that just happens to be a vampire
    - Personality: Conflicted and guilt-tripped, always looks for reassurance or aggressively pushes those away close to him.
    - Species: Anything that suits his vampire theme, like large predator cats or something with scales?
    RAGNAR | Uncontrolled giant that has an awful temper
    - Personality: Your typical unpleasant neighbour that tolerates those who are worthy and scares off the peasants just for fun.
    - Species: Anything that is big, grumpy and scary, such as a bear or wolf.

You have the complete freedom to revamp my character into any species that might suit your regular drawing focus, whilst keeping their personality in mind and trying to find a theme for your artwork. I will honour exact replications of design features in other species, as well as new interpretations of markings and colours, as long as it seems somewhat fitting to their personality!
You can of course use common real-world species, as well as made-up fantasy breeds, but please make sure that they are open for usage and that you have the rights to create a design. I do not intend to actively use the design outcomes of this contest or participate in a closed/open breeds, so it will at most be re-drawn by other artists if I tend to like it.

x
Last edited by Asvoria on Tue May 09, 2023 11:05 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

PRIZES

Postby Asvoria » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:33 am

x
PRIZES

Every participant of this contest will win something, ranging from a store pet set if scoring one of the top 76 places,
to item prizes if scoring below. Additionally, every participant will have a chance to win the skelebunny!

Store Pet Sets
    ────────────────»
    The main prize group includes one of every store pet from the 2010 seals down to the 2023 water dragons, only excluding those single releases from 2010 like the cerb, marionette, patchwork, etc. as those would be less in quantity compared to other prize sets. The following pets are just some highlights from the prize group:
    ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Every store pet set is associated with a number, starting at -02 with the oldest store pet set in terms of release order, up to 73 for the most recently released group. This means that only a certain numeber of participants will be receiving a store pet set as their prize and in case there are fewer people entering the contest, I will distribute the remaining sets in placement order until all prizes have been handed out. When filling out your registration for the contest, you will have a chance to name your preferred store pet set prizes by using the numbers provided, and I will try to fulfil those wishes when sending out trade prizes, starting with the first place and moving down.

In order to adhere to forum rules, the following list includes every store pet in their respective sets:

- Set -02 Seal: 1 2 3
    - Set -01 Android: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 00 Punk: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 01 Arabian: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 02 Basilisk: 1 2 3
    - Set 03 Gryphon: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 04 Seahorse: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 05 Guardian: 1 2 3
    - Set 06 Carousel Horse: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 07 Alien Dog: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 08 Fluffy Dog: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 09 Kirin Horse: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 10 Fairy Goat: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 11 Jackalope: 1 2 3
    - Set 12 Alice in Wonderland: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 13 Greek Dog: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 14 Phoenix Dog: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 15 Alpaca: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 16 Kitsune: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 17 Fairy Rat: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 18 Corgi: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 19 Kirin: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 20 Calygreyhound: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 21 Robo Cat: 1 2 3
    - Set 22 Japanese Dog: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 23 Dragon Cat: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 24 Dog Breed: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 25 Unicorn: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 26 Environmental Deer: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 27 Dragon PPS: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 28 Small Animals: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 29: Manticore: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 30 Halo Butterfly Wolf: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 31 Dinosaur: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 32 Pegacorn: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 33 Cheetah: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 34 Weasle: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 35 Flying Dog: 1 2 3 4 5

- Set 36 Tiger: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 37 Bird Dragon: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 38 Carnival Lion: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 39 Fairy Fox: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 40 Rabbit Tree: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 41 Layer Pup: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 42 Gryphon: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 43 Friendship Dragon: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 44 Seafish Dog: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 45 Bird Horse: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 46 Fairy Dog: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 47 Long-tailed Butterfly: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 48 Warrior Cat: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 49 Aquarium Cat: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 50 Lioness: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 51 Bird Deer: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 52 Griffin Dog: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 53 Easter Dragon: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 54 Sloth: 1 2 3 4 5 6
    - Set 55 Bird Zebra: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 56 Moon Wolf: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 57 Teacup Bunny: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 58 Kirin Cat: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 59 Multi-tailed Kitsune: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 60 Poinsetta Fox:1 2 3 4
    - Set 61 Drink Rat: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 62 Giraffe: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 63 Unicorn Pony: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 64 Peacock: 1 2 3 4 5 6
    - Set 65 Space Dog: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 66 Cat Breed: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 67 Alien Deer: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 68 Starstruck Dogs: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 69 Dragon Snakes: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 70 Magic Horses: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 71 Dragon Horses: 1 2 3 4
    - Set 72 Phoenix: 1 2 3 4 5
    - Set 73 Water dragon: 1 2 3 4

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
    Bulk Items
    ────────────────»
    Next to winning store pet sets, participants also have a chance to win bulk item prizes from 183 pages of my account! If there are less than 76 participants, items will be gifted in placement order, whereas if there are more than 76 participants, items are given out to those placements not receiving a store pet set.
    The following items are just some highlights from my account:
    ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Skelebunny Raffle
    ────────────────»
    When bulk auctioning my list pets,
    I got the chance to receive a skelebunny, which is the most valuable (store)
    pet on this site and I would like to choose one lucky person to be the new owner!

Every participant of this contest will have the same chance to win the raffle,
    regardless of later placement or amounts of entries provided.
    The only requirement is that you successfully register in this contest
    with your entry and are found in the participant list.

x
x
x
x
x
x
x

x
Last edited by Asvoria on Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:22 am, edited 27 times in total.
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

PARTICIPANT LIST

Postby Asvoria » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:35 am

x
PARTICIPANTS

All contest participants will be listed after registration in the following format:
raffle number | username | registration post | entry || 2nd post | entry 2

Registration list
    ────────────────»
  1. horsestigers | registration | Talaith (horse) || 2nd post | Calamity (horse)
    || 3rd post | Hurricane (horse) || 4th post | Hurricane (draconic)
  2. Screemnigcheesepuff | registration | Amalthea & Ciranor|| 2nd post | Amalthea
  3. Loviare | registration | Azrael (reptile)
  4. siilence | registration | Azrael (humanoid)
  5. Nira. | registration | Azrael (humanoid)
  6. traumereii | registration | Amalthea
  7. Løki | registration | Talaith (humanoid)
  8. moomooaulait | registration | Hurricane & Taylor (horses) || 2nd post | Hurricane (horse)
  9. JuneyAmy | registration | Hurricane (horses)
  10. alphaess | registration | Amalthea & Ciranor
  11. Direbolt | registration | Hurricane (humanoid)
  12. MyopicDinobird | registration | Talaith (draconic)
  13. Vully-the-vulpix | registration | Azrael (canine)
  14. Metaxmorphose | registration | Hurricane & Taylor (canine)
  15. IRONEYES | registration | Talaith (humanoid)
  16. dino nuggie | registration | Calamity & Azrael (canine)
  17. Woodchip | registration | Jamaica (horse)
  18. gudnoodle | registration | Calamity (canine)
  19. WonderlandWitch | registration | Talaith (centaur)

x
Last edited by Asvoria on Wed May 03, 2023 1:51 am, edited 26 times in total.
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

SUGGESTIONS

Postby Asvoria » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:36 am

x
SUGGESTIONS

This post is basically a collection to support you in your decision on what to draw. You do not need to take any of these ideas and you can expand/reduce them to your liking, but it might just help you to understand their personalities a little better.

Pairings
    ────────────────»
    These include all possible combinations of my own characters that can be drawn together, as well as including any additional characters that you can only draw alongside mine.

- AMALTHEA and CIRANOR together with their son ELRUIN or any other relative found in the deviantART stash.
    - AZRAEL with his twin brother Akshar and his allegiance-mates TALAITH and Seska exploring the borders of the shadowlands
    - CALAMITY with his mate Alana, their son Faith or his brother Nashua in a harmonious, family-based setting.
    - JUÁREZ with JAMAICA, offering guidance or CALAMITY, discussing leading strategies
    - HURRICANE and his new crush Taylor having a sweet moment or with his soul-animal Anyuu.
    - MATCHEM with his vampire-mate Sheena on the hunt or trying to get along
    - RAGNAR getting scolded at by CALAMITY and JUÁREZ

Themes
    ────────────────»
    As I know that some of you feel more comfortable when drawing a scene to a theme that suits their general artstyle, I'll try to come up with a quick overview of which characters to choose from. These are also general hints in terms of what type of scenes and interactions I closely associate with specific characters, but by no means a restriction. They are listed in alphabetical order and do not represent any preference hierarchy.

- Aggression: AZRAEL - MATCHEM - RAGNAR
    - Arrogance: AMALTHEA - CIRANOR - RAGNAR
    - Darkness: AZRAEL - RAGNAR
    - Family: CALAMITY - JUÁREZ
    - Friendship: AZRAEL - CALAMITY - TALAITH
    - Guilt: JAMAICA - MATCHEM
    - Light: HURRICANE - JAMAICA - TALAITH
    - Magic: AMALTHEA - CALAMITY - CIRANOR - HURRICANE
    - Nature: AMALTHEA - JAMAICA - TALAITH
    - Rebellion: HURRICANE - MATCHEM - RAGNAR
    - Serenity: CALAMITY - TALAITH

Prompts
    ────────────────»
    I've tried to come up with a number of short story ideas that you could think about and elaborate to find a theme for your contest entry. All of these are things that I would likely expect to happen with my characters, so it is a safe guess to pick it up, and I'd love you to explain this small part of their story for me. They are listed in alphabetical order and do not represent any preference hierarchy.

- "Bad luck" - When they were younger, CALAMITY and his brother NASHUA got into all sorts of stupid accidents regarding surrounding wildlife. Were they rescued, or how did they escape this time?
    - "Double trouble" - A lesser shadow creature has dared to enter AZRAELS territory. What punishment or trick does he come up with, together with his twin AKSHAR, to scare it away?
    - "Evening sun" - Walking and dancing on a meadow with flowers when the sun is setting seems to be JAMAICAS newest favourite thing to do.
    - "Father's pride" - CALAMITY and FAITH are having a father-son day doing their first scout of the borders together, but suddenly FAITH is scared and runs back to his father. What had him riled up, and was it really something dangerous?
    - "Light up my World" - A new dryad seedling is beginning to hatch in the forest and TALAITH is watching over it to nurse it's first steps into the light.
    - "Mr. Moody" - It is a beautiful and sunny day in the forest, but RAGNAR is in a particular bad temper today. Will he brighten up or get even angrier when his neighbour comes around to greet him?
    - "Slow kindling love" - HURRICANE hasn't seen his crush TAYLOR for a couple of weeks and is looking for a present that she could perhaps like. How does she react when he presents it to her, and what did he choose?
    - "Starlight Dance" - When taking a stroll in their enclosed garden, CIRANOR notices AMALTHEA dancing under the stars. Will he join her or become a silent spectator?
    - "Storm Riding" - A particularly heavy thunderstorm is brewing on the horizon, and HURRICANE can't wait to spread his wings and tackle the breezes for some exciting fun.
    - "Warrior stories" - JUÁREZ, CALAMITY and ALANA are enjoying an evening together and share old stories of the tales they have experienced. What heroic moment would be most important for them to share?
    -

You don't necessarily need to pick up any of these pairings and themes, and could always portray a character alone in a fitting setting. In case you have an idea in mind or a WIP created but are unsure if it fits the character or would like some feedback, please don't hesitate to contact me. I will always reward those that show interest in character research and put a lot of thought in their artworks to really make a character's personality visible, so every question is heavily welcomed <3

x
Last edited by Asvoria on Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

JUDGING

Postby Asvoria » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:37 am

x
JUDGING

This contest is meant to give you the opportunity to win something regardless of your artistic skill
in comparison to other artists, but only to yourself. In order to allow maximum transparency of the
judging process, I will try to give you an insight of how I plan to evaluate all your artworks.

Skill Improvement
    ────────────────»
    Every single entry will be compared to your gallery and selected artworks to give a rating from 1 to 10 points, depending on how much you tried to extend your skills.
    As this contest is meant to have you try new things, I will award credits to those who try new techniques, new brushes, new compositions, new mixtures within or outside their usual media type (traditional or digital) and/or choose to expand their knowledge on compositions, lightning, shading, anatomy, etc. I do not expect you to go beyond your comfort zone, and it doesn't have to be a big and obvious thing that catches my eye on first sight, so I always appreciate it if you comment and explain your progress in the artwork description and provide hints on what you have experimented with and whether you are happy with your achievements. It is okay to fail - even in this contest.

Character Portrait
    ────────────────»
    Every single entry will be given a rating from 1 to 10 points, depending on how accurately it represents my characters' personality and theme.
    As a chapter of my life ends, his contest represents not only an end to my chickensmoothie journey, but also an end for my (horse) character's activity in roleplays. To honour their developments and experiences one last time, I would like to gather some memorable artworks that can depict their personalities or parts of their journeys in ways that I will remember and cherish. The selected and presented characters, as well as my suggestions, should provide you with enough material to come up with a suitable scene that fits well with their story and the more attention you pay to detail, the more points you will receive. This also means that I am open for any questions regarding the characters, either here or in direct messages, to clarify any ideas you have or look up over WIPs you would like me to verify.

Artwork Setup
    ────────────────»
    Every single entry will be given a rating from 1 to 10 points, depending on how much general effort in terms of composition you put into your picture.
    We all know that fullbody pictures with completely coloured background take up way more time than headshots with solid backgrounds, so this category appreciates the time and complexity spent on details. You will get more points, the more areas of a character's body are displayed and the more accurate you copy or integrate their design into the new species. Points will also be awarded for background in general, giving more the more detail you put into the scenery. Additionally, the more characters are present in a picture and the more interaction is present with the scenery, the more points you'll receive.

You'll be able to receive a maximum of 30 points for one artwork, and if you enter multiple artworks, the one with the highest value will determine your placement.
Please remember that all judging, no matter how hard we might try to isolate any other factors, is still biased by subjective preferences. You might not necessarily be able to relate to our decision when comparing your placements with others, but I leave it to you whether you'd like to message me privately later on and retrieve your overall points as well as some improvement suggestions.

x
Last edited by Asvoria on Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:33 am, edited 6 times in total.
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FORMS

Postby Asvoria » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:38 am

x
FORMS

To keep the contest running smoothly and help me with keeping track of all participants and entries,
please only use the following forms to register with your first entry or provide an additional entry.

PLEASE DO NOT alter the form (edit your post) to include more entries after I have confirmed your participation by writing your name on the participant list. If you want to enter another artwork into the contest, please use the separate form below.
Updating your prize preferences or gallery links is completely fine.

Registration
    ────────────────»
    Please post this form only when you have completely finished your first entry /entries and would like to officially enter the contest with your artwork. If you want to submit more art later on, please use the next form below.

Code: Select all
      [size=140][b]I would like to enter this contest![/b][/size]
      ────────────────»
      [b]Link to gallery:[/b]
      [b]Selected artworks:[/b]
      [b]Entry:[/b]
      [b]Prize preference:[/b]
      ────────────────»

Additional Entry
    ────────────────»
    Please post this form only when you have already registered with your first entry / entries using the registration form and would now like to post an additional entry. You may link more than one entry at the same time if you have them completed by the time of posting this form.

Code: Select all
      [size=140][b]I would like to present another entry![/b][/size]
      ────────────────»
      [b]Participant number:[/b]
      [b]Link to registration:[/b]
      [b]Entry:[/b]
      ────────────────»

Explanations
    ────────────────»
    Participant number: Upon registration, you will receive a number in the participant list, which you will need to refer to when providing additional entries. This is also your raffle number!
    Prize preference: The store pet sets are numbered from -02 to 00 to 73 in the Prize group, so please state your wishes here. You do not need to enter all numbers, as I will trade you the oldest store pet set available at your prize turn, if any other preferred prizes are already given out. (Example: " -02, 00, 14, 35", )
    Link to gallery: Enter a working link to either of your galleries, preferably with the most artworks. Backup links to other sites are okay, but the first one will be taken as guideline.
    Selected artworks: Present your best skills and talent in a maximum of five of selected artworks that you are most proud of.
    Entry: Please post/ link to the artwork(s) that you would like to enter the contest with. Make sure proper credits are given.

x
Last edited by Asvoria on Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:31 am, edited 7 times in total.
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQ

Postby Asvoria » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:40 am

x
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

This post serves as a pool for questions that I have received and deem important enough to publish them. There will also be a list of shared information (in PMs or posts) regarding characters, so that everyone potentially has the same amount of information.

General Questions
    ────────────────»
    Q: Why do I have to tell you my preferred store pet set prizes?
    A: As I would like to hand out prizes as quick as possible, I will not wait for every winning person to send me a trade with their preferred price, but will send out trades in placement order trying to respect any of your wishes. This way, nobody has to wait if one of the winners is on holiday or currently not able to select /accept their trades.

Q: Do I need to copy every detail/ accessories when changing the species of your characters?
    A: No, it is not mandatory for you to replicate every detail or accessories of the old design.
    A big part of the contest revolves in my curiosity of seeing you interpret their design on a whole new level, and that could mean reducing or even expanding jewellery as it fits with their personality. If I see your interpretation, I'd like to instantly recognize the character, even though you might have changed or diverted them from their original design in drastic or very few ways, so I encourage you to find different methods in expressing details of their original form!

Character Information
    ────────────────»
    Q: What is the type of environment that the herd of the SILVER FALLS lives in?
    A: JUÁREZ and CALAMITY are the leaders of a herd including JAMAICA and RAGNAR (sort of outlawed) living in the Silver Falls territory. They basically consist of a number of smaller and larger waterfalls connected through rivers and smaller streams, that make up grass-covered islands on which the herd lives and grazes. Some example scenery can be found in the following pictures: Link 1 and Link 2

Q: What kind of clothing would AZRAEL wear as humanoid and what is his fighting style?
    A: His clothing style would resemble his love for freedom, but also be a unique display of his personality. Whilst somewhat resembling the human form of his brother, Akshar, he would be more into a punk outfit, including baggy clothes for agile movements, as well as a good fit to show off his muscular body. I can see him fighting with anything that is short and has blades, such as throwing knives, claws or a dagger even.

Q: What is the type of environment that the horses from AKAELS ALLIANCE live in?
    A: Whilst AZRAEL and Akshar live in a shadow desert I imagine resembling the Siberian Taiga (EX1, EX2, EX3), TALAITH lives in an enchanted tropical forest that borders the shadow lands, which I've depicted here. The shadow lands include high mountains on the horizon, empty plains of bare earth or desert hills with very little shrubbery and trees. Where rivers flow, greenery will be a bit more frequent, but the earth and sand would be almost unsaturated to gray in terms of colours.

x
Last edited by Asvoria on Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:34 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

APPENDIX

Postby Asvoria » Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:42 am

x
APPENDIX

This serves as an area for all additional stuff that didn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Advertisments
    ────────────────»
    WIP

Changelog
    ────────────────»
  • 29/12/22 published contest
  • 05/01/23 form updates
  • 06/01/23 more store pet sets added!
  • 01/02/23 Q&A updated - more store pet sets added!

x
Last edited by Asvoria on Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Asvoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me