ENDED - WINNER ANNOUNCED

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: Wʀɪᴛɪɴɢ Cᴏᴍᴘᴇᴛɪᴛɪᴏɴ - Aᴅᴠᴇɴᴛ Lɪsᴛ Pʀɪᴢᴇ

Postby RulerOfTheNightGods » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:57 am

I have finished the writing piece, I hope you enjoy the short story. It looks like I didn't think hard about the story, but it took a lot of thinking and motivation to get the story right. However, I will be updating it frequently on a thread for my writing.

Ravens N' Crows

What makes the Ravens differ from the Crows? I mean both are black but, when the sunlight hits their beautiful feathers, you see different colors, like a peacock. The Raven is larger than the Crow. The Raven also travels in pairs while the Crow is seen in larger groups. Yet, they are the same. In some Native Tribes; Blackfoot tribe. The Crow resembles death, they believe if they see a Crow, they will die. What I see is beauty and love. If you listen closely, you will hear the Crow making a cawing noise, while the Raven makes a low croaking noise. As you look up in the sky you will see the Raven riding the thermals and soaring , while the Crow does more flapping . Now that you know the difference, why don't we start the story?

Ravens Wings
by, RulerOfTheNightGods

It was a georgous sunny day in middle-east California, where the sun is the brightest and hottest. A group of Ravens were lounging in the trees talking amongst each other, however, there is a lone Raven, he wishes to not engage so much in gatherings. His kind called him Hugo meaning; the lone Raven . Hugo had other things to do such as; see the human he had befriended two years earlier. Hugo missed his special friend, the human. He hasn't seen her in a couple of months due to traveling to other places as well as attending the the Raven meetings , which were all so boring. Hugo let out a low croaking noise, the other Ravens looked at Hugo as they croaked amongst each other, spread their wings and took off, leaving poor Hugo all alone in the park. Dogs barked loudly in excitement, birds were singing, children were laughing as they played, while the adults talked amongst each other. Hugo wasn't having the best day then he heard his human friend. He got really excited as she approached, she told him she could only stay with him for a bit then she has to go because it's her Aunts birthday. They played hide n' seek until she had to go and poor Hugo was left alone again. The sun was setting and Hugo knew it was time to head for home. He spread his black wings and took off, as he soars through the sunset sky he thought to himself, "I wish there was a place for me in this world. Where I have many many friends and I was part of the flock instead of an outcast." He saw his old shady oak tree and landed on a branch, he watched the sunset as the last of the sun went away and the moon came out to play, he knew he belonged with his human friend.
Old returning member
Joined March 7,2018

RulerOfTheNightGods

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:20 am

RulerOfTheNightGods wrote:I am currently working on my entry, I hope I can get it done on time. If i cannot, and i let you know. Will it be ok if I still enter?

The end date is now April 13th so you have an extra month to finish writing c:

RulerOfTheNightGods wrote:I have finished the writing piece, I hope you enjoy the short story. It looks like I didn't think hard about the story, but it took a lot of thinking and motivation to get the story right. However, I will be updating it frequently on a thread for my writing.
-snip-

Yay, first entry!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby summers » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:26 pm

Bird

A black avian, with glimmering crystalline ebon wings. This locket, bore a unique charm. Carved from the ashen charcoals of a willow tree once set ablaze, small silver glass diamonds acted as eyes, and it seemed to stare outwards.
Elspeth always wore the necklace around his neck, it reminded him of the fragility of life, and more importantly a reminder of his destructive strength, much like the inferno that had burnt the willow to the ground.
I often quivered with gelid fear when I saw Elspeth, his menacing appearance and iron teeth, with words that could bite and scratch like icy claws. When he spoke, he spat. The carved bird hanging from his neck often reminded me of my place, and that I wished nothing more but to fly away, like the raven, to fly somewhere far from here.
My hands were calloused and worn, the smell of smoke drove the air stale and rank, somewhere a grass fire burned the hills, smoke drifted through the trees. The overwhelming smell of freshly made charcoal.
Elspeth grinned as usual, his beady eyes like an eagles, watching and studying my movements. I paused to survey the surroundings, I stood upon a tall and sheer cliff face, beneath me tiny trees dotted the horizon. The sky was tainted a sunset orange.
I wondered what lay beyond the horizon, but I was forever indebted to Elspeth, afterall he had given me this life.

Image ImageImage
summers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby laika. » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:34 pm

'Flight is a strange thing' I quietly mused. I watched from the ground, the horrid, detestable ground, as the shades of blues, greens, purples, yellows, and reds soar overhead. I watch as they call to each other. 'It must be nice to have a friend.' I watch as they soar overhead, as the small tick from my pocketwatch continues. My gaze slowly falls, as a feather fluttered down from the freedom of the sky. 'It must be nice to escape this war', as the feather landed on the contaminated ground. The birds that never landed, the birds that gave so many hopes and dreams. The birds that carry the messages of the soldiers, the wives, the martyrs, and the sons. The daughters writing to their loves, and the firstborn giving his command. The sounds of gunfire had a vast echo within this valley.

- wip, computer is about to die -
laika.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScarDolphin » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:03 am

✦ Ƒяєє∂σм ✦

He was only half listening to what the teacher was saying. He didn't really hear it, though. His thoughts laid elsewhere. His window seat at the back of the rectangular classroom gave him the chance to gaze out of the window. In his opinion, the best seat in the class. He jumped ever-so-slightly as the teacher called his name. Or so it sounded. For when he looked at the teacher in the front, she was looking at another student with a similar name. As his nerves settled down, he turned back to gaze out the window. Lost in his own thoughts, as birds swarmed around in the blue sky, as if keeping any clouds that were to come away. The birds formed different shapes together in their flock, as small black, brown and white dots that kept rearranging themselves. As if to send some secret message to someone below them. But although he looked out the windows, it wasn't the birds that he saw. It was his dreams, his goals, his fantasy. Like a picture forming in the sky by the birds only he could see. He had other things on his mind than school work, and all he needed was a passing grade to continue doing what he loved. He could see it. In his dreams. Him and his teammates on the national stage. On the court, ready to take down whatever challenge the opponent may come with. The many spectators around the large hall, cheering them on. The fresh smell, that had yet to be covered with smells of sweat and hard work. The tall net in front, made of white string, separating his team and the opponents. The freshly cleaned floor underneath them, that shone in the bright lights that were pointed only at the court, leaving the audience in the dark. Lining up at the back end of the court is how it would all begin. A quick bow welcomed the game, as the 6 main players found their spaces on the court, and the reserve players went to the side along with the seventh player, the libero, who could switch in and out with the other players between the plays.

He was at the front of the court, on the left side. The large number 1 on his back held the responsibility of taking the team through all matches to the top. The referee's whistle started the game. The opponent served the ball cleanly onto their team's side of the net, where the vice captain with the number two on his uniform cleanly kept the ball in the air. As the captain, he took a runup to the net, and just before he crashed into it, he put his hands out behind him and jumped. He looked like a bird in the air. His hands stretched out like wings, his legs collected, his black uniform shining in the spotlight. All eyes were on him. It suited the team perfectly, for they were named after ravens. Fallen ravens, Flightless birds. Those names that they were called would be forced to disappear. On the national stage, where getting there in itself is a large achievement, and not one many achieve.

As he reached the top of his jump, his form changed, turning sideways. Stretching one arm out in front, and the other arm bent back. The ball came from the setter in such a high speed, that the opponent couldn't follow. As the ball stopped in front of him, its spin made it stay in the air. He could feel the pressure of his teammates on his back. He was going to carry them through this. With his right hand, he used his power to smash the ball down onto the ground on the other side of the net. As he slowly fell from his jump, the light shone in front of him. The summit. It was a beautiful thing. It looked like a sunrise, when birds slowly awaken and begin their morning song. He landed softly on his feet, before darting across the court to his next position.

His thoughts were interrupted as the bell rang in his ears. It was only then that his gaze out the window was disturbed, and he collected his books, before putting them in his bag. Another school day over. Without waiting any longer than he had to, he rushed out of the classroom. Down the hall, and across to the club room. After a quick change, he left his bag in his locker, and headed to the hall. If he wanted to get to the national stage, skipping out on practise was not an option. As usual, he was the first in the hall. As he started his warm up, his teammates came wandering in, one by one. It was the start of the new season. This time, surely, they would rise above the rest of the teams in the same prefecture. This time, it would be them going to nationals.

Words = 823
Think of my signature as a piece of "art" belonging to the story
Last edited by ScarDolphin on Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:30 am, edited 9 times in total.
─── Image ─────────────

I'm Scar // She/her // Cancer // GMT+1 //
─────────────────────────────────────
My interests: My horses // Utapri // Hypmic // Idolish7 // Genshin

───────────────────────────────────────────
⧽ --- ⧼ Trade Thread ⧽ --- ⧼

────────── Image ───
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:51 pm

Bump!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
signature credit

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:45 pm

My entry's all coded and ready to go! I just want to properly consider whether I really want to rewrite the end, first XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pereyra » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:21 pm

mark. been looking for something like this. big mood, big mood.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KiritoRoyale » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:58 am

mark
▒▒