Closed, due to lack of interest.

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Closed, due to lack of interest.

Postby TheNewBlack » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:08 am

I have lots of ideas for creatures that I'd like to see that aren't on Chicken Smoothie, but unfortunately I'm not the most talented artist. That's where you come in. I'll give you something to draw, and you make it come to life!

Every month I will be holding a new competition with a new theme. I have prizes for all participants in the contest, including lots of rares and store pets, so if you have talent but not a lot of money to spend, this is a way you can get some of those more valuable pets. It's also a good opportunity to hone your skills as an artist and show off your work.

Enter now to claim your throne as the next King or Queen of Arts!

January's Theme:
Art Competition Banner!

Subject:
I need a banner to put in my siggy to advertise the art competition, so I figure this should be the first contest.

Description:
I have no idea what kind of banner I want, so use your imagination. I would like something that really stands out and catches the eye's attention.

Details:
Must include the competition's name, and the phrase: "Test your art skills! Win rare creatures! Everybody leaves with a prize"

Must fit into a signature.

General requirements:
These apply to every art competition.
You are free to use some artistic license in your art, but following these preferences may help you score better.

Size: No larger than 600 x 855 pixels.

Style: Style is up to you. Any style is acceptable, but some styles may score you some bonus points from me. Medieval, Victorian, Steampunk, etc. are all some of my favorite styles, but feel free to use your own style, while keeping some of these potential inspirations in mind.

Some of my favorite art is in bestiaries, medieval manuscripts and art, Orthodox icons, Hieronymus Bosch, Lutrell Psalter, Victorian fairy painting, Golden Age of illustration, demonological texts, old maps, etc.

Medium: Your choice of tools and media.

Type: .PNG, .BMP, or .GIF. No .JPG or .JPEG, please.

Bonus: You don't have to, but you can animate your image, include egg sprites for the creature, include additional zoomed in, scaled down, or alternate versions to make your submission stand out and earn you bonus points.

If you are using public domain works in your submission, cite the source.

You may make more than one submission to increase your chances of winning.

More requirements will be added later.

Disclaimer
By posting your submission, you agree to the following:
By posting my submission, I hereby affirm that I am the creator of this work, and relinquish all rights to my submitted work, and transfer them to the user known as TheNewBlack to use or modify in any way, shape, or form they see fit, and agree to the following:

Copyright Assignment

This Copyright Assignment (hereinafter "Assignment") is agreed to upon posting submission of work from The Contestant (hereinafter "Assignor") to the user TheNewBlack (hereinafter "Assignee").

1. Assignor represents, warrants and confirms that it is the sole creator of "the submitted work" (hereinafter "Copyrighted Work").

2. For good and valuable consideration, the receipt and adequacy of which is hereby acknowledged, Assignor hereby irrevocably assigns and transfers to Assignee all of Assignor's right, title and interest in the Copyrighted Work.

3. The rights hereby granted to Assignee include, with limitation, the right to do any and all acts or things necessary or appropriate to protect the rights granted hereunder, including the copyright, and to institute any actions for such purpose in the name(s) of Assignee, Assignor, or both of them.

4. Assignor further transfer all rights to Assignee necessary to secure registrations, renewals, reissues and extensions to the Copyrighted Work without exception and agrees to participate in said actions should it be deemed necessary by Assignee.

5. Assignor hereby covenants, warrants and represents to Assignee:
(a) Assignor is the sole owner and creator of the Copyrighted Work and has the exclusive right to use, copy, distribute and transfer the Copyrighted Work without limitation.
(b) The Copyrighted Work is free and clear of any liens, encumbrances, licenses or legal claims of any nature contesting the ownership, moral rights, use or creation of the Copyrighted Work by Assignor.

6. Moral Rights - Assignor hereby waives any and all moral rights claims associated with the Copyrighted Work including, but not limited to, the right to object to any alterations to a work or prevent others from making changes to the work, the right to withdraw a published work from distribution, and the right to prevent others from using a work or the author's name.

IN WITNESS HEREOF, Assignor executes this Assignment as an individual or as the Assignor's duly authorized representative.

^Basically, it means you are verifying that you are the creator of the artwork you have submitted, and I have the right to use your image. (I know, it may be overkill, I just want to make everything official)
If I do use your image for anything (most likely I will use it in my siggy), you will be notified and credited.
If you have any more questions about what this agreement means or the usage of your images, send me a PM!

Judging
On the 1st of every month, at 6:00 PM MST, the monthly winner will be announced and a new contest with a new theme will begin. There will also be an annual winner, announced on January 1 of every year. The annual Grand Prize winner will be the artist who won the most monthly contests in that year.

Prizes:
Everything except my Favorites tabs is up for grabs. I've sorted them according to value, and categorized them as Grand Prizes, 1st Place, Runner Ups, and Consolation Prizes. These are explained below.

Note to mods: I'm handing out participation prizes to people who didn't win the contest, and since there are so many of these and they're not technically "the prize", just a free consolation gift, I'm only linking to the group and not to each individual pet. I hope this is ok. I'm still linking directly to the winning prizes.

Consolation Prizes
Group: Commons http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... rid=869654
364 prizes available!

Consolation Prizes are handed out to all contestants who didn't win for participation. These are all commons, and can be found in my Commons group.

Highlighted prizes:
Pet's name: Mio

Runner Ups
Group: Uncommons http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... rid=869654
172 prizes available!

Runner ups are those who put in a good effort and produced a good quality piece of art, but didn't win 1st Place. There may be 1 or more Runner Ups in any given contest. Winners in this category may choose any prize from my Uncommons group.

Highlighted prizes:
Pet's name: Husani

Runner Ups may instead opt to choose 1 C$ or 2 commons.

1st Place
Group: Rares http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... rid=869654
43 prizes available!

1st Place winners are those deemed to have the best submission of that month. There may be 1 1st Place winner in any given contest.

Winners of the monthly contest may choose one prize from my Rares group.

The winning artist will have their work featured on the following month's contest page. Also, every 1st place win counts toward winning the Grand Prize. Score 7 first place wins within one year, and you automatically receive the Grand Prize.

1st Place prizes:
Pet's name: Desari
Pet's name: Parisa
Pet's name: Promethius
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

The 1st Place winner may insead opt to choose 10 C$, 10 Uncommons, or 20 Commons.

Grand Prizes
Group: Store Pets & Very Rares http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... rid=869654
23 prizes available!

Grand Prizes will be awarded to one artist every year who won the most contests in that given year. This winner may choose one prize from my Store Pets & Very Rares group. The Grand Prize winner will also have their work featured for a year on the front page of the contest thread.

Grand Prizes:
Pet's name: Gerico

The Grand Prize winner may instead opt to choose 30 C$, 2 rares, 20 Uncommons, or 50 Commons.

Would you like something else you don't see here? Please let me know what you'd like to see as future prizes! I'm always adding new prizes. Also let me know what you think of these prizes.

Enter to Win!
Before starting, please enter the contest by filling in and posting the application form below. Please include what prizes you intend to choose from each group should you win in any category. This is for preparation and restocking purposes.

Application Form:
Artist's Name:
Intended Content:
(Include here details about what you intend to make, including things like subject matter, media, color, pose, size, style, variation, background/no bg, gender, animated/not animated and other bonuses, interesting additions, any other specific details-this is to help each artist create something unique and avoid making something too much like the other submissions. You may want to browse the other applications as well to consider how you may make your submission stand out from the others. This is not a requirement, and you need not try to stand out, but it may help you win if your submission is unique. These are not set in stone after applying, one may always decide to change these details in their final submission.)
Preferred Grand Prize: (What you want to receive if you win the Grand Prize.)
Preferred 1st Place prize: (What you want to receive if you win 1st Place.)
Preferred Runner Up prize: (What you want to receive if you win Runner Up.)
Preferred Consolation Prize: (What you will receive for participation if you don't win.)
Preferred Future Prizes: (Is there anything you would like as a prize but didn't see? Let me know here and I will try my best to get it for you!)
Notes: (Optional. Leave here any other comments or questions)

After applying, you may begin your work. After it is finished, please submit it by filling in and posting the form below. You have until the end of the month to submit it.

Submission form:
[img]InsertImageURLhere[/img]
Artist's Name (username, nickname, or given name):
Title: optional
More info about this submission: optional
Bonus Images:
[img]optional[/img]

THIS COMPETITION ENDS FEBRUARY 1, 2018
Last edited by TheNewBlack on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.
TheNewBlack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me