♚ - Art Contest [ Winners! ]

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

♚ - Art Contest [ Winners! ]

Postby Malleus » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:22 pm

So in loo of December 18th and Christmas, Rantachi and I have decided to holds an art contest!

PRIZES

1st Place + 9 pets from this group!

Image Image
Second Place + 6 pets from this group!

Image Image Image
3rd Place + 3 pets from this group!

All participants will receive a rare from this group as well! I will do my best to make it wishlist!

RULES

1. All art must be on original lines. No bases/YCHs allowed!
2. You may have up to two entries! This will be judged on quality, not quantity.
3. We will be keeping all art. You will, of course, be credited! And regardless, you get a prize!
4. Clearly rushed/inaccurate/lazy art will not be accepted as an entry.
5. Do not steal art! This includes tracing. Do not trace!
6. Keep art appropriate, however if you would like to do gore art for OK'd characters, you may PM it/send it offsite!
7. All art types/forms are accepted, but human fullbodies will get extra consideration!

END DATE: JANUARY 31ST
Last edited by Malleus on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Malleus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♚ - Characters

Postby Malleus » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:23 pm

Please read notes/character personality!

Squalo's Characters

Chō ♥♥♥ [ Human - Kitsune - Female ]
Cho has one goal in life, and that is to be attended to. She roams around the feudal era looking for people in need and offers them her powers... for a price. No, not your soul or anything silly like that. She's pretty easy to woo. Just offer her some beautiful clothing and you have all the powers of a 300 year old kitsune in your hands. She rather likes humans, and isn't much of a trickster that her kind is known to be. She's rather honest, but also rather naive and maintains a bit of a childlike sense of enthusiasm towards the world. Though, she still quite knowingly uses her looks to get by when the situation calls for it. Blood is fine for her, but no serious gore!

Yu ♥♥♥ [ Human - Samurai - Male ]
Yu is a gentle boy! He's the next head of the Kanzaki family, but isn't really interested int he militeristic stance that his father takes. He's a pacifist at heart, and puts others above himself. Very rarely draws his sword, and when he does it's always to protect, never to harm. Adores his little sibling Atsuko and his boyfriend Nobuyuki. Tends to gush, and get flustered over, said boyfriend very often. His hobby is calligraphy! So feel free to draw him writing out different kanji! He also loves poetry as well as music, especially enkas. An old-fashioned romantic. Soft, gentle, warm, pure boy! Often seen with a warm smile. NO blood or gore involving him, please!

Nobuyuki ♥♥♥ [ Human - Deity - Male ]
Nobuyuki is a powerful deity that made a choice long ago: to live with humans, as he can come to understand, respect,
and care for them. He remains the outcast of his fellow gods, as he chooses compassion and mercy over the cruel hand of power.
That and he has another reason for staying in the mortal realm; his loving boyfriend, Yu. Nobuyuki is nothing but kind, patient,
and gentle. Though he spends a lot of time downing sake, despite not really being able to experience a drunken state. But he is harboring a rather dark, messy past and occasionally the slivers of the violent, wrathful, beast of a god he once was slips though... Blood/gore is fine for him!

Hakaze ♥♥♥ [ Human - Deity - Male]
Hakaze is a mistake. He is a disappointment. A romance god that is absolutely disillusioned with the entire concept of romance and now cares only for the very... physical side of it. Only goes to earth so that mortals can satisfy his urges. Knows he's a pretty boy and can use his looks to get whatever he wants. 0/10 a horrible waste of immortality. Blood/gore is fine for him! Honestly, he's probably into it.

Minako ♥♥♥ [ Anthro - Norwegian Forest Cat - Female ]
Minako is very outgoing! She's the type of person that's very easy to approach and easy to befriend. A natural leader, and has no trouble taking charge in difficult situations. But underneath that she's very self-conscious and constantly paranoid about failing others or not being the person people thinks she is. Internalizes all of her worries and will sometimes cry when she's alone. She absolutely adores arcades, especisally rhythm games, and is pretty much a master at any one you put in front of her. Loves her boyfriend, Ryoji, with all her heart. Can be drawn together with him! She always wears her scarf and ring, both are incredibly important to her. She tends to cling to either of them when she's stressed, anxious, or upset. NO blood/gore for her! Please only draw her as anthro, not feral!

Ryoji ♥♥♥ [ Anthro - Wolf - Male ]
Ryoji is just as outgoing as his girlfriend. Functions incredibly well in social situations and tends to approach and talk to strangers with easy. Often smiling warmly, which increases to ginning from ear to furry ear around Minako. Very excitable and loves to go to new places. Loves arcades as much as his girlfriend and tends to hang out there in his free time. Just like her, he hides a lot of his emotional worries, but even better than she does. Only she can really get it out of him if he's worried about something. Tends to come off as an enigma, in that sense, since he's very hard to read for anyone but Minako. Can be draw with her, and heck is mostly always around her. Always wears his scarf! Please don't forget the mark under his left eye. NO blood/gore for him! Please only draw him as anthro, not as feral!

Makira ♥♥ [ Feral - Cat - Female ]
If Makira is one thing, it's confident. She holds her head high in any situation, even when she's losing, and has a strong sense of pride. She is a calculated tacition, and packs a silver tongue to boot, and is never without a clever response to any sort of insult thrown in her direction. She usually wears a self-assured smirk. She's a dimension traveler, which is how she became so good with tactics. It's pretty easy to beat down any enemy when you've seen how you would have lost the fight in an alternate dimension. She also has fire abilities, though only from her front paws. She is never without her crown. She cannot fly with her tiny wings! Please only draw her feral, not anthro!

Oritsu ♥♥ - [ Feral - Cat/Stoat Hybrid - Nonbinary ]
Oritsu wears exhuastion like it's the latest fashion. They're constantly tired with just about everything. Tired of their power hungry family bickering over the throne, tired of the discontented citizens trying to put them on the thone, and tired of their precious flowers dying in the winter time. They remain apathetic to most situations, and try and keep their head down and away from the chaos. But they still have a nagging sense of duty to do the right thing, even when it's inconveniant. They spent their free time growing rare flowers in a private, hidden garden. The blue roses on their tail being their favorite, and they are never seen without them. Though they can be drawn without their crown or cloak, since they don't hold being born into royalty in very high regard. Please only draw them feral, not anthro!

Rantachi's characters

Atsuko
♛A nonbinary poet with a flair for the overdramatic, and wants to live an idealized romanticized starving artist lifestyle. A bit of a flirt, wary of women, and has some dry/snarky humor. The weird coloring between their bangs is NOT a horn :P Ref image by FelixDcemone on dA.

Hotaru
♛A draconic prince and Atsuko's boyfriend. While generally levelheaded, calm, and a good leader, he also knows very little of humans and learned everything he knows about humans and romance from very old human romance novels. Ref image by pikerth on dA.

Kiyo
♛An exhausted, easily irritated and morbid theatre major. Extremely morbid. Hits on every guy he meets. Only cares about theatre and guys. Ref by eeluminighty on dA.

Arata
♛A stepford smiler theatre boy. Excited, eccentric and loud. A mama's boy and hardworking. Ensemble Stars! OC. Ref image by me!
Last edited by Malleus on Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Malleus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♚ - Entries

Postby Malleus » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:23 pm

Entries are in order received and not by any ranking!

1. [ Minako ] by SkyeTheKeeper1
2. [ Oritsu ] by Purrfect Presents
3. [ Yu ] by Aizawa
4. [ Yu ] by Matsuyan
5. [ Cho ] by Silvetwolf
6. [ Minako and Ryoji ] by Light Bringer
7. [ Oritsu ] by koiister
8. [ Cho ] by E t e r n i t y
9. [ Oritsu ] by Artgirl
Last edited by Malleus on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Malleus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♚ - Art Contest [ UR Tess Horse 1st Prize ! ]

Postby Malleus » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:43 pm

All set!

Bumping/entires/questions is all good to post!
Malleus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ♚ - Art Contest [ UR Tess Horse 1st Prize ! ]

Postby Pluto. » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:31 am

Mark
──────────{is just an illusion}