{ inklings writing contests } NEW CONTEST

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

will you be entering?

yes!
26%
maybe ??
65%
nope
9%

Total votes : 23

{ inklings writing contests } NEW CONTEST

Postby watermelon. » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:19 am

INKLINGS CONTESTS
and prizes will be distributed! current contests will be listed here, and rules &
other information can be found below. have fun <3

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
PLANETS CONTEST
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
deadline: july 16th - credit to this idea

for this contest, you must write a 250+ word description for each of the planets.
that includes: the sun, mercury, venus, earth, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranus,
neptune AND pluto.
i know the sun and pluto aren't typically included in the
bunch, but i like them so we're including both. that all comes out to the even
number of ten, so in total at the end you should have at least 2500 words.
edit: as if they had personalities/were living

you may post your entry here (all in one post) or link to a thread where all
of the posts are easily accesible/in one group.

please don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions/concerns
Last edited by watermelon. on Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:02 am, edited 61 times in total.
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules

Postby watermelon. » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:49 am

RULES

↠ all of tess' rules apply, as usual
↠ be nice to everyone entering.
↠ do not plagiarize.
↠ make your entries appropriate
↠ enter before the deadline
↠ no complaining if you don't win
Last edited by watermelon. on Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

prizes

Postby watermelon. » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:52 am

PRIZES!

PLANET CONTEST:
1st place:

2009 rare

2nd place:
tbd

Last edited by watermelon. on Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:29 am, edited 7 times in total.
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {INKLINGS } A contest thread for writers

Postby Neutral Middle » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:22 am

Neutral Middle wrote:
Lynette was always a pushover.Anyone and everyone pushed her.Her parents,schoolmates and teachers. She has no friend, no one liked her. This story is about Lynette and how she was pushed too far past her limits.
Lynette was walking to her 2nd period class, science.As she walked she noticed everyone take out lists. They held them out. She grabbed them as she went. On her way to her class she saw her locker. It was filled to the brim! She stuffed the new lists inside. All she wanted to do was dance. Just once in her life she would have loved to feel the rythm of the music direct her every move. Music was the only thing that she didn't mind taking orders from. She headed to science. Everyone snickered as she walked to her desk. They were about to talk to her until the teacher came in. "Today class, we're learning about the human body and it's limitations." Everyone groaned. Lynette payed half attention on the lesson. They don't understand, I'm a pushover becuase I want everyone to be happy. But the only person that can't be happy is me. She sighed at the thought. "LYNETTE! Are you paying attention to any of this?" "Yes…" "Hmph. Then answer this. What are the three things that keep us going, that are not part of the body?" "Food, water, and oxygen" "C-correct Ms. Lynette." "Anyways class turn to page 143 in your science textbooks and read until you get to page 156. Lynette read until you get to page 161.Then clean the floor." Everyone laughed. She did what what was she was told.After school, she put all her lists into her backpack, and she biked home.Her mother greeted her. "How was school?" "Great!" "Remember what today is?" "Of course bring your daughter to work day." "Yes and remember that you have to do this. Follow in you're father and mother's footsteps. Now get mother some coffe." "Yes mother." She made coffe and headed upstairs to do her homework. While she did her homework she listened to the radio. She tapped her foot, but started to cough. "I love music."Once her homework was done she danced around her room and kept coughing. "Lynette! It's time to go! This is what you were meant to do!" "Coming!" She ran downstairs and headed for the car. Her mother put on her favorite doctor radio. "I really enjoy you doing this." "I don't mind." "You better not. Only my child follow my footsteps." After the work they returned home. Lynette headed upstairs. She started to dance around the radio. "You better not be doing anything foolish!" "I'm not." She stopped dancing. She coughed."Mother, father be back I have some stuff to do." "Ok. Bring back some muffins will ya?" "Got it father!"She did her lists. When the next day rose so did Lynette. Her mother and father left a note on the fridge.
Fridge note wrote:We'll be busy today, we'll be back tonight.~Mom and Dad
She got ready for school and coughed.She felt dizzy but shook it off. She did her daily school things. On her way home she felt dizzy again. She dealt with it again with shaking. After her homework and her last list finished, she made dinner and danced. After a good meal she worked on a doctor worksheet her mother created for her. She didn't know the truth. She was sick and dying. Nothing could save her. She pushed far past her limits. Too far. The next day was horrible. Her father on a business trip, her mother filled in for a sick doctor. When she collected her papers, they were three as much as last time! Each of her teachers' gave her extra homework! When she came back home she saw more papers from her mother! This was far passed what she could do, but she did them anyway! She did everthing on her list but vomited on the twenty-seventh job.When she did her homework (with extra) she felt really dizzy. When she finished the papers from her mother she coughed, but she coughed out blood! She just thought it was pasta sauce from her dinner though. The final thing she did was dance. The song on the radio was her favorite. "Human" by Christina Perri. For some reason this song called to her. She felt the beat, her moves came naturally, her hear felt relaxed. But when the song ended so did she. She was weak. When her mother came home.She saw her daughter's collapsed body on the floor, she had no pulse. "I'm sorry! Lynette I miss you come home please! Please please. Mommy wants you back!" Her mother wept for days. Her father was so shocked he didn't have any words. The news spread. Her teachers and schoolmates were ashamed. They were so caught up in what they wanted for her, they didn't realize that she wanted something too. They thought she was a machine, not a human. Even though we're humans, we have limitations too.

Nemi wrote:Nothing is greater then a path forged by one-self, a path made for you and fit for you. But nothing is more shameful then a path forced by another's hand.

XD Here's the explanation: If you make a path your own path to life, let it belong to you and be for you. But if someone forces you to take a different path, don't let them. So that's my story. Sorry it's so long. Hope you like it! =D Question; Can I put these entry stories on a post to share?

Here it is for judging like you said! ^_^
Kawaiicuttie and me are sisters and do unfair trades gift each other please don't ban us!

Hi, my name is Neutral Middle, but just call me Nemi. I love anime ( Fairytail ), GIFS, mangas, ands music. My dream is to one day become a musician. I enjoy writing, sports, science, friends, art, and most important my family. ( CS too ) Reason for username?: I'm totally OCD so everything must be centered.

I put different user made adopts here whenever I get them.
Neutral Middle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-

Postby watermelon. » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:38 am

-
Last edited by watermelon. on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
[wear a mask] [she/her/hers]
[feel free to dm me]
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {INKLINGS } A contest thread for writers

Postby iWonder » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:00 pm

when is the next contest coming up? I am interested.
And who manages the prizes? I think I have some donations to make

I am now opening Commissions and Art-Trades for a limited time!
PM me on DA for more info and offers!
I do: Anthro, Human, Portraits, Character Design, Fan Art,
Animals, Ponies, Species Design*, Contest Art*
(for adoptions on CS)
-Cheers, Tenna M. N.

** PM Machenza on Deviant Art for more info.

+++I Accept CS$, Deviant Art Currency and Art-Trades.+++
iWonder

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-

Postby watermelon. » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:04 am

-
Last edited by watermelon. on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
[feel free to dm me]
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {INKLINGS } A contest thread-MAGAZINE CONTEST!

Postby shade. » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:23 am

Human

A young girl, 11, to be exact, looked up at her mum with a tight smile. She raised her cheeks to make the expression believable. Though even if she did act all sad, she was just 11! How could a naive 11 year old be down, much less depressed? Children of that age don’t think hard about anything! They must be the most silly things on the planet, even if they can do college school work, right?
That’s what my mom thinks. Petal turned her head down towards her calloused hands. Even if I was older, I have a nice house and such. I have expensive clothes and lots of pets. Everything a girl could dream of, right? I mean, dogs are man’s best friend. Who needs kids at school to like you?
She rubbed her olive hands across a gleaming white plate, sighing softly. If only I could be like this plate. No, I don’t want to be this plate. This plate is breakable. I want to be something that can both fall and rise and still be alive. I want to be strong.
Of course, if I appreciated what I had, if I wasn't a spoiled-rotten brat, maybe I’d have a better life. I just don’t know how to be more humble than I am. I don’t know how I can help others more than I am. I don’t know...

She finished the last plate in the sink, placing the last piece of silverware in the dishwasher. Slowly, she walked up to her room, making sure that she kept her walk bouncy. Her mom couldn't think that she was griping over something "again".
Petal flopped onto the bed, air vanishing from her lungs for a split second. She leaned over, reaching with her hand to the floor. Almost seeming to pull her arm out of her socket, she grabbed some of her homework from the bedroom floor. She lay on her stomach, papers in hand for a time. Finally she rolled upright again, propping her pillow up behind her and settling down to do her work.

When the clock hit 11:00pm, Petal’s mother bursts into her room. “I don’t care if there is a test tomorrow! Good gods Petal, you know you should be asleep by now!” She grabs the paper and tears it apart. Petal watches in teary horror as the scraps drift to the floor. “I've told you a million times how good you are at tests, and I try with all my rainbowing heart to build you up so you are confident. But you just fall apart immediately! You don’t have a terrible life Petal! Stop acting like you do! Now get to bed!”
The girl gulps, fighting the stinging feeling in her eyes as her mom stomps out of the room and slams the door. She slowly gets down from her bed, picking up a couple of the scraps of paper before letting them drift to the floor again. There goes my Social Studies report. Why am I so stupid? I should have done it days ago, and I shouldn't have let my mom know I was up so late. No, I shouldn't have been up so late in the first place.
She walked over to her dresser, pulling out a drawer and getting her pajamas. While her day clothes float to the ground, she slips on her pajamas. The soft fabric embraces her and she climbs into bed and switches off her lamp. Slowly tears form into her eyes, and she sobs quietly into her pillow. Don’t you get it mom? You try to build me up, but I fall down. I try to be your everything, I try to do everything I possibly can, but I’m only human. Your words are like knives in my heart, and you tear me apart as you try to build me up. But I.. I bleed when I fall down. I’m only a child, I’m only human. How do you expect so much from something that isn't a machine, mom?
she/them
writing is everything
shoot me a pm c:

░║
░║
░║
░║
░║
░║
░║
░║
░║

-
ImagexxImage
║░
║░
║░
║░
║░
║░
║░
║░
shade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-

Postby watermelon. » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:43 pm

-
Last edited by watermelon. on Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
[feel free to dm me]
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {INKLINGS } A contest thread-MAGAZINE CONTEST!

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:02 am

THE ARCHAEOLOGIST WHO CURSED A TOWN AND THE TOURISTS WHO SAVED IT

Hello journalist Chef with you once again. I’m here today with the shocking news of an Archaeologist who freed a curse from within Cleocatra’s pyramid and nearly destroyed an entire village! Keep reading to find out the whole story.
It was July 1st when Archibald Woof or better know as Archie started his dig-site. Only a week later A group of unsuspecting tourists from Chicken smoothie arrived. Archie immediately employed them in digging for artifacts and searching for a way into the pyramid.
Seven tourists suffered minor casualties and three came out with serious broken bones. Archie eventually went in himself and triggered an ancient curse of scarab beetles by stealing priceless artifacts from Cleocatra’s tomb. The curious tourists risked themselves and reentered to pyramid to plead with Cleocatra to stop the curse. The Queen agreed on the condition that her jewels and her canopic jars where returned. The tourists returned to the dig site. Only to find that Archie had already sold the queen’s artifacts.
He refused to ask the buyers to return the items and wouldn’t even tell them who had bought the items.
The tourists where able to track down the buyers thanks to a helpful shop-owner.
The buyers willingly returned the artifacts and the Chicken Smoothiens where able to give them back to their rightful owner.
Cleocatra willing stopped the curse.
The next day Archie had left without a trace.
The next week the tourists left as heroes to return to their home in CS.
Next month “How many pumpkins can you put in a pie?”

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me