CLOSED (WINNERS ANNOUNCED): UR HOLLY DOG GIVEAWAY!

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: UR HOLLY DOG GIVEAWAY! SIMPLE WRITING CONTEST

Postby VillagerTeddy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:41 am

This is my short story for the Hollydog! ❤️❤️

I sighed in defeat. There was no food in the dark, dank alleyway. Being a stray was no easy task. Hunger seemed to be my only feeling anymore. I hadn’t eaten in seven days. I was as skinny as a twig. My stomach growled, my paws ached from traveling for miles just to find some food. I didn’t know how much longer I could keep this up. Surely I was close enough to starvation?
No scents of food caught my dry nose. Was a small meal to much to ask for? The snow didn’t make it to much better. My tail was tucked underneath my shaking legs. Nobody noticed me. Nobody tried to help me. I grunted, lying down on the snow covered ground.
Squish..
My stomach sunk into a small, squishy object. I sighed again and forced myself back up. Red cover a small patch of the snow. Was I bleeding? Checking my stomach, I looked for any injuries. Nothing. Confused, I sniffed the red juice. It smelled.., sweet! Nudging away some snow, revealing three more red objects. They were berries!
Without thinking, I quickly lapped up the food. Pure happiness filled my heart. Even though the berries were small, they were food. My stomach agreed. It stopped growling, and settled. Checking to make sure there were no more tasty berries, I laid down. And for the first time in seven days, I slept. It was the best sleep I had ever had!
I awoke a few days later. Snow dusted my white fur. But something green also poked out of the snow.. Carefully shoving the snow away, I looked to see what it was. I gasped. They were wings! They were made out of huge green holly leaves. The same red berries in which I had eaten before were the stem of the leaf wings. I gaped at them, excitement making my heart beat a million miles an hour! I howled in triumph. This was so amazing!
My senses seemed stronger, especially smell, because I sniffed out a large, half-eaten turkey in the trash can!
Feasting happily, I thank the world for my wings, and my meal.

Thank you for reading more story! I hope you enjoyed it!! ❤️❤️
VillagerTeddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lena luthor » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:52 am

Holly walked through the snowy plains of Alaska, she was on her way to the north pole to meet her friend Rudolph. Her white fur bounced up and down as she started to sprint, her black paw padding touching the icy snow. Her bright red eyes glistened and gleamed as she ran, snowflakes landing on her nose and in her fur. She was almost there now, running for a half an hour should get her there.

After a half an hour Holly arrived in the north pole, she looked around and could see a few polar bears and penguins. A smile appeared on her lips, she was excited. Her tail started wagging, slowly gaining speed as her excitement grew. She made it! She finally made it! She met Rudolph a while back while Santa was putting presents under the tree, she was outside for the night since she wanted to finish the snowman she made the night before. She had heard the sleigh on the roof and yelled up, Rudolph spoke to her, they had a good talk, and that was that. Now she was going to see him again!

Holly jumped up and pounced around in the snow waiting, she did not want to disturb Rudolph but at the same time she needed to find him, she ran off towards Santa's workshop. She ran up to the door and pushed her way through, Santa was sitting on the chair. He was a big orange dog with purple tiger stripes and three tails. She smiled and padded up to his seat, "Excuse me sir?" she asked. Santa looked at her "Hmm?" he hummed "Oh why hello Miss Holly." he grinned down at her. Holly grinned "hello to you too!" she shouted cheerfully "Where is Rudolph?" she asked. "He is out playing, should be in soon.. why don't you take a nap?" he asked "It'll make the time go by quick!"

Holly agreed that it probably would, so she laid down on the rug in front of the fire place. She closed her cherry red eyes and fell asleep shortly after.

She awoke to the sound of whispering, her eyes opening slowly. Santa and Rudolph were standing in front of her, they were talking? She did not know. Santa walked forward and smiled, he reached out and touched Holly's nose. She felt funny, something came out of her back. She sat up and turned her head back, she could see red berries and huge leafy wings on her back. "What's that for?" she asked confused. Santa smiled "Rudolph says you are very helpful and would make a good addition to the team!" he grinned. "I figured I would give you wings so you could fly with us sometime!" he stated.

And that was how Holly got her wings.
𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐈───────
Riley, She/They.
Adult + Lesbian

─────────- carrd
𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒──────────
lena luthor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kököchin » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:12 am

hello there! before i start my piece i would just like to say, thank you so much for this lovely opportunity!! there are not much writing contests here and i can’t do much of anything else X3 so i am just really grateful 💕

𝐻𝑜𝓌 𝐻𝑜𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒢𝑜𝓉 𝐻𝑒𝓇 𝒲𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 [in Holly’s perspective]

my eyes opened to the glistening, crescent moon that shone above my head. my eyes blinked as i awoke drowsily. it was time. i knew it was. at the age of sixteen each pup received their very own wings that the silver stars chose for us. along with that we received our own name. all my life i had been known as ‘cherry’s daughter’. my mother, cherry, had wings that sprouted from her back like flowers growing on the limbs of a tree. her wings looked as fragile as glass but were indeed strong. cherry blossoms embroidered her wings. my mother had always been elegant and beautiful — but i didn’t want to live my entire life in her shadows. with today, i would be my own self. no one would see me as my mother’s daughter, but as a reborn pup who had finally received her wings. i was led to the ledge by my mother. she told me it was time. she smiled and nuzzles me behind the ear. “today, you are reborn,” she told me. i nodded and took my place. i presses my nose to the stone as my mother had done. as all my ancestors had done. i closed my eyes and let my thoughts wander off to the silver stars. there i saw my great grandmother.
    “my beloved child.” she said. “today you are given your purpose. today you are seen as more than a pup weaiting for her wings to sprout. today you will be given your wings. you have been so very patient, darling. and for that reason you will be given the wings of love.”
    “what wings would those be?” I asked, curiously.
    “the wings in which all the others gather under during the celebration time. the wings in which all smile and cherish and fall in love under. the wings in which your father met your mother. where i fell in love with my husband.
    “you will receive the wings of mistletoe. and you shall be known as holly.”
    my eyes opened wide and i gasped.
    “holly.” i said. “that is my name.” and i cranes my neck to see my lovely mistletoe wings growing — and for once in my life i felt true.
    i was indeed reborn.
kököchin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mystea » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:09 pm

Entering! Smol wip c:

"Alright- just adjust the camera there... a bit here. Okay, perfect! Wait, wha-" I said, trying to make the camera go the angle I always use. I jumped back as it crashed on the floor. For one, I was tall. Really tall. That's why, as you can see here, I'm having some trouble.
"Okay, now perfect. Let's start filming; three, two, one, go!" I exclaimed, jumping in position.
"Hi there, Holly again - on LIVE! Today I'm going to be answering one of your questions. How did I get"- flutters wings -"these babies! Mhm, I had over 100 comments asking me about them. Let's start with some simple answers." I smiled, looking at the sheet of comments I've printed out.
"One. My mom was obsessed with mistletoe and dad was born on Christmas, so I guess that counts as something. It could've been something about my birth? Anyways... two. Are these really wings?" I paused, thinking about what to say.
"Well, technically no." Mom stepped from behind the camera where she was listening to me as always.
"Mom! You're supposed to stay off camera!" I said, my face turning red. I shielded my face away from the video, knowing it was live and thousands of others were looking at me. How embarrassing.
"Ah, I just wanted to tell you the story about your wings... I suppose you don't know about them?" She winked and hopped away. "Well, that's fine... see you later!" She called out.
How I hated when she does that... the truth is, I actually didn't know. So I let her in the video, casting her a warning look. Mom ignored me and went on smiling at the camera.
"Helloooo, Holly's fans! These all friends of yours?" She patted on my back and hugged me. I scooched away a bit. "Well, she's sure lovely! Anyhoo, we won't be needing these"- she rips the paper containing my comments -"at all. Let's start with the story of how Holly got her wings!" That's when I started listening. She should've told me, she's my own mother...

"Once upon a time, there was a pup called Angeline and another called Evan. They were very best friends and every Christmas they would play, and play, and play until it was morning. Evan was obsessed with decorating trees, especially with mistletoe! Angeline would copy Evan and together they made the dark city streets glow with magic. Sadly, one Christmas night Evan disappeared..." Mom's face darkened. Nobody knew, but mom was Angeline and Evan was dad. Well, kind of. "And Angeline never played again. There was no inspiration without Evan. One night, Angeline looked up at the evening star and wished. She wished that she could see Evan... and have old memories be new. And the next morning, something amazing happened!" Mom's eyes twinkled with delight. "Evan came back. Angeline was sledding when she accidentally turned a corner and there he was, in all his glory. She hugged him and asked him, how did you get back? Evan said that the Christmas magic allowed him to stay for one more day. Together they played like old days... but nobody saw Evan except for Angeline herself. Soon it was evening, time for Evan to leave. Angeline held back tears knowing that he would never come back and play with her again. That's when Evan said something surprising. "Angeline, I had fun playing with you and everything but it's time for me to leave. Ill admit it, I will miss you. And you're probably gonna miss me too!" Evan smirked. " But, to remind me of you, take this." He curled into a ball, then stood up again. There was two shiny mistletoe leaves. " Now I must go." Mom wiggled her eyebrows. "Angeline gasped as Evan disappeared into mist and rose to the cold air. She looked at the wings, then at her back. She knew just what to do!"

"And that, is how Holly got her wings." Mom got up and started walking towards the kitchen. She turned around facing the camera. "Oh, and if that wasn't clear... I was Angeline." Mom smiled, opened the kitchen door and closed it. I closed my eyes and breathed in shakily. I schooched towards the camera. "Well, folks, my mom just told you the whole story!"
Last edited by mystea on Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
↠ mystea / tea (previously Mystikk)
↠ she / her
↠ art enjoyer!

mystea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Paw27 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:12 pm

Ooh- this contest seems cool! Mark- I’ll enter soon!
I do art!! Please check out my instagram -> https://www.instagram.com/pawprint_studios_/ImageI believe in Jesus Christ my Savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 4% of teens who will.✞
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for our sins. ✞
Paw27

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~randomidiot~ » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Friendly boop
~randomidiot~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xanny » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:44 am

Darkness.

Darkness consumed the shaking wolf pup.

For she could not see, nor hear.

It was a harsh winter night, snow fell from the clouds at a hard rate, burying every thing alive. From the snow arose a small shaking pup.She was being pulled into the deep snow, and had no way out. She ran into a small holly bush. Loosing hope, the small pup gave up. Snow closed in over the bush, and everything went black.

She felt a tight grip onto her back, her red eyes burst open as she was pulled from the snowy bush. She was carried to a large cave, and she was dropped. She fell onto her back, and slowly looked up. A Grey wolf with glistening holly wings stared down at the small pup.

"What- who are you?" the small pups voice trembled.

"I, small pup, am MistleToe. I'm a holly dog, and you are?" The grey wolf asked gently.

"I- I don't know." she said, her small red eyes gleamed.

"Ill call you Holly." MistleToe smiled, her teeth showing.

Holly's back was bleeding from the bush, and MistleToe's teeth certainly didn't help.

"Aw Holly, your bleeding, stay still, it's going to be ok." MistleToe reached back picked a berry from her wings, she winced. She crushed the berry and packed Holly's wound. Holly whined as MistleToe packed her wound, she bit off one of her wings, with a loud yelp, she wrapped Holly's back.

"Please, don't make yourself suffer for me." Holly whined.

"Nonsense child, let me do what I'm doing." MistleToe said weakly.

Holly passed out, she had lost lots of blood, MistleToe acted as a mother, and made sure she was ok for the rest of the night.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you, so don't take, my Holly away.." Mistle sang softly and feel asleep.

From there on, MistleToe raised Holly, and always made sure to be by her side.Months later, a small branch grew from Holly's back.

"MISTLE! MISTLE!" Holly screamed.

"HOLLY! What's wrong? Are you-" MistleToe paused and stared at Holly's small branch.

"Is this normal"? said Holly as she turned her head to stare at her branch.

"Uh, well no, I think that might have been caused it..." Mistle growled

"COOL!" Holly beamed as another branch grew from her back.

"I shouldn't have used the berries from my wings to pack your wound." she sighed.

Months later, Holly's wings were huge and bright. MistleToe's berries had given Holly wings as well.

"Holly?" Mistle called out.

"Yeah Mistle?" Holly yelled back from outside.

"HOLLY GET BACK IN HERE RIGHT NOW! IT'S HUNTING SEASON YOU CRAZY PUP!" MistleToe screamed.

Holly trotted back in and shook the snow off of her silky white fur, she looked up at MistleToe, her red eyes sparkled. MistleToe smirked at Holly.

"You are so naughty little one." she said, trying not to laugh.

Holly folded her giant wings, and toppled over.

"For pawssake these things are a hazard." Holly exclaimed.

"Holly, I need to go hunting, would you like to come? But if you do you have to promise to keep quiet and be stealthy!" Mistle said firmly.

"Sure, and I promise!"

Holly wagged her tail and bounded out the cave, Mistle right behind her. They had been stalking a deer for a while now. All of a sudden, a loud bang sounded, the deer bolted and MistleToe dropped to the ground.

"Mistle!" Holly cried.

MistleToe had been shot in the head by a hunter, she had little time left.

" My child, I want you to know I love you and will never forget your sweet smile, take care sunshine.." Mistle said with a sigh.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey. You'll never know Mistle, how much I love you, so don't take, my Mistle away.." Holly wrapped her wings around MistleToe and sang as she cried, holding Mistle tight. MistleToe passed in the grip of Holly's wings.

"Mistle, I promise to help others who need me,but I will never own up to be as amazing as you were."

With these very words, Holly took off into the night with a broken heart. From then on, whoever needed happiness, would be found by Holly. She would wrap her wings around them and sing her song.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you, so don't take, my sunshine away.."
Last edited by Xanny on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖘𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝖆 𝖈𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓

Xanny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TomBoyCOOLCH13 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:14 am

Holly the young albino husky pup was the only in her litter. These huskies were breed for high class shows and racing but she was weak and she had none of the desirable fur patterns that the breeder required to sell her. She grew older and still she wasn't bought so as a young adult dog she was thrown out into the harsh cold of winter. Alone and unable to survive alone she had to rely on the pure kindness of people in a village she happened to stumble across one day. She had become a friendly stray to the village and all the people and children loved her and gave her warm places to sleep. She was happy. But one night a small child went missing in the village. A family that was feeding Holly was so distraught over their missing child in the stormy cold winter night. Holly took it upon herself to go out in the snow storm and search for the child. She searched hours blindly stumbling in the snow and wind. She traveled far and never stopped to rest and it never crossed her mind to turn back and give up. She wouldn't give up. Finally after Holly had almost reached her end she saw something in the blur of snow and thrashing winds. She saw the young child, huddled against the trunk of a tree, shivering and silently crying. Holly rushed over forgetting her own freezing pain and sheltered the child from the harsh weather and kept the child warm throughout the long hours of the fridged night. When morning broke and the storm had passed, the villagers searched the area for the child. A man spotted a large mound of snow at the base of a tree. In fear of believing that the snow mound was the child buried in snow he rushed over only to find it wasn't snow it was Holly's white fur. The man cried to the others to come and see. Under Holly was the child. Asleep, breathing, and alive. The villagers were overjoyed and went to praise the dog to only realize that Holly had froze to death in the long night. The villagers carried Holly and the child home. The child warmed up and was regaining strength. Later that day the whole village held a burial ceremony for Holly and how she was a hero. The child that was missing was crying the most and placed a Holly leaf on the grave and prayed for her savour dog. That night it was Christmas and Santa had heard word of the courage of a stray dog. He saw it as a fantastic deed and granted Holly a second life as an angel. She had earned her Holly wings and now protects those led astray and spreads acts of kindness
TomBoyCOOLCH13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kendyy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:29 am

up
hi im kendyy!
im really looking for wishlist pets and rares~
🐝 im on central standard time 🐝
ImageImageImage
Kendyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby River Rain » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:00 am

The dog's white fur glowed with the winter snow flakes, its eyes sparkling with excitement. Its tail wagged with the delight of the coldness surrounding it. Beautiful Christmas lights hung from tree to tree making a web of green and red lights reflected to the snow. The wight dog loved this time of year, seeing other get along, and feeling the joy of every living thing. The dog looked around, every animal was happy and excited, because that night was Christmas. All the animals gathered under a tree waiting for their presents to arrive. The white dog padded down wile looking at all their happy faces then turned to see her own tree, it was a little withered but still bright and beautiful as ever. The dog smiled then rested her head under the thick branches of the tree. The coldness was like a blanket, surrounding her as she faded into the black, falling asleep to awaken with gifts and many other animals with joy as well.
The white dog woke up from the warm sunshine that cast shadows behind the trees, the lights that hung above her faded, showing off only a few colors in the daylight. The white dog looked underneath her tree, many presents were clustered together. Each wrapped with a different design. The dog wagged her tail in delight, but even more happy to see the other animals happy as well. A wolf family howled with happiness, bunnies and ferrets squeaked with happiness that seemed to fill the white dog's heart.
Suddenly clouds appeared above, wiping out the sun's glowing rays. Small baby animals began to whimper, the parents began to snarl, covering their pelt's over their young ones. A deep laughter echoed through the Forest of Lights.
"BROUHAHA!" the voice howled as a dark shadowing pelt appeared in the heart of the Forest of Lights. The white dog snarled with burning fury. "Why hello there animals of Forest of Lights, it's nice to see you all...frightened in my presence!" he snarled with delight. The white dog curled back her lips in anger.
"What, you all don't look happy to see me?" The black dog said in a sarcastic tone.
"Leave! We don't want you here!" The white dog barked with anger. The shadow dog flashed her a warning look then subsided it with a grin.
"Fine, I guess I leave with a little party gift before I go," he smiled as darkness spread from beneath his paws to all the trees. The darkness swallowing the presents from underneath them. The animals all around were shocked, the white dog's heart started burning with anger, her paws dug deep into the snow. "What, are you mad? Pfft, too bad I am out of here," the dog said as he vanished along with the animal's presents. The cries from every critter started to grow, and the unhappiness of the white dog began to spread. But then...she had an idea. She padded where the shadow dog stood, in the middle of the Forest of Lights. She stood tall and strong.
"It is okay everyone, I have an idea, I will get back the presents and save our Christmas!" The animals all around looked at her, looked at her with hope and faith.
"Will you r-really?" one of the wolf pups said, the marks of tears strode down its face. The white dog bent her head and nodded with a smile. Tons of animals around cheered her on as she set on a journey to find the shadow dog and get back the presents.

The white dog traveled for four hours hoping in luck to find the shadow dog, but nothing, another four hours gone and still nothing. But when it was sunset she finally caught sight of him. The shadow dog lay limp on a broken rock, his eyes narrowed in deep depression. The white dog stopped for a moment and gave him pity. Maybe he was lonely for Christmas and just wanted to have something to cheer her up. The dog shook her head and walked forward, the shadow dog lifted his head and snarled.
"Are you here just to get back the presents? Fine take them...I don't care," another stab of pity hit the white dog hard in the chest.
"Y-yes, the animal's of the Forest of Lights depend on me to bring them back," she said in a soft tone, her eyes staring at her snowy paws. the shadow dog let out a grunt.
"Here then take them and go," he said with a flick of his paws the presents appeared. The white dog's ears bent back with sadness, the shadow dog narrowed his eyes at her, "What? Isn't that what you want? What you came for?" he snarled.
"Yes but...sigh...what is wrong? Why are you like the way you are now...sad?" she asked, the shadow dog looked away with embarrassment.
"It is because I am lonely and have no gifts myself...everyone thinks I am bad..." he said looking back at her. The dog sat on the snowy surface and looked at him. A few heart beats later she came up with an idea.
"Hey! Why don't you come back with me to give back the presents and you know what...I guess you can have some of my presents, I wont mind. OH! And you can stay with me!" the white dog jumped up and down with pleasure. The shadow dog's ears pricked up.
"R-really?" he said, his golden eyes glowing.
"Yeah! But...there is not enough time to get back..." she said looking at the sun setting beyond the mountains.
"I-its okay! I can teleport there!" he said but just give me a moment to take hold of the gifts!" he said as the shadows took a hold of the presents once more. Then he padded down from the rock into the snow. He put a paw on the white dog as they faded away from the area and into the Forest of Lights. Once more the bright lights shined all around. All the animals around looked with disbelief when the white dog and the shadow dog stood side to side in the heart of the Forest of Lights. Many growled and hissed but then the shadow dog took a step forward.
"I am sorry...I knew it was wrong to ruin everyone's exciting day," he looked down trying to get away from the angry glares, "But I came back here tonight to return the gifts that belong to you all, and hope to forgive me for what I have done," he whimpered with guilt as he spread out the shadows and left the gifts that once stood under the trees back to their original places. The animals all around began to feel joy again as they howled in delight. The white dog was happy for everyone to be enjoying the time under the lights of the trees. The dog looked back at her tree, her presents were back as well, they were still and looked like they have never been touched. She padded over to her tree with the shadow dog's black pelt right behind her. She looked at them and chose what one would be perfect for her new friend. She found one all the way in the back of the tree, it seemed to feel perfect for the shadow dog, she held tightly onto it and dragged it over to her friend. His eyes glittered like the lights from the trees, she could tell he was happy. He tore away the wrapping slowly to see a plush of a black and white dog with a star and a holly imprinted onto its chest. The shadow dog smiled, as well as the white dog. There was a sudden rush through the white dog, she began to float in the air, she was greeted to a glimmering starry pelt right in front of her.
"Hello there, I am Star," the dog said with a smile, "The spirits of Christmas are please by your Hope and Faith as well as giving. She we thought that you should get a gift from us to you." he said. The white dog looked surprised. But then a few moments later she nodded with a smile. Star dipped his head as the white dog began to glow. Her back began to feel weird as green wings began to sprout out of her white pelt. There were red berry-like spheres appearing as well. The white dog suddenly fell into the snow, she looked behind her to see a glimpse of her wings, they looked like hollies attached to her. Star came forward, "From this moment forward you will be known as the Holly dog, the one who brings cheer to others!" The animals around cheered with joy, tonight was the night of the Holly dog.
THE END
╔═════════════╗

|Henry|He\Him|
|I'm an artist who is trying to
find himself.|
|I do make content on other
platforms|

|Feel free to dm me about
anything! trades, art, etc.|

-inserting quote at some point :b-

╚═════════════╝

River Rain