Make me an OC, WIN DOGTAG, C$, AND MORE *ENDED*

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: Make me an OC, WIN DOGTAG, C$, AND MORE *ENDING SOON*

Postby ambivalent » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Clawdina wrote:Planning on entering c;

So do you accept dragons or larger reptilians? It didn't say anything about it but I'm just making sure c:

No dragons, nothing mythical, just regular, natural animals
so yes larger reptilians are allowed
ImageImageImage
ambivalent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ambivalent » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:26 am

bump (im gonna end it TONIGHT (9:00 PM EST) since I cant wait and i got a ton of entries, and i have to go somewhere for april break, BUT, if you're almost done/halfway done with your entry, you can ask me for an extension.)
ImageImageImage
ambivalent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ambivalent » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:51 pm

extended for another hour!
ImageImageImage
ambivalent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Make me an OC, WIN DOGTAG, C$, AND MORE *ENDING SOON

Postby draco. » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:20 pm

Rosenren's Design Entree

simple reference

a bit more crammed reference

name suggestions; Amnesia, maybe? I don't know it's up to you but if you pick this design and need help with a name just let me know and I'll help ya

species: Lioness

zodiac sign: sagitarrius!! (I'm obsessed with zodiacs so I just had to include it)

mutations?: Oddly colored eyes, and a dash of piebald!

personality: Amnesia is quite a trickster, and very condescending. She does whatever she can to achieve a goal or get what she wants, though she claims that she only does so for morally correct reasons. On the other hand, the lioness is very emotional and trusts easily (though, ironically, others find it hard to trust HER). Some dislike Amnesia because in their eyes she tends to be a little "problematic" but in reality she is just very blunt with her opinions. She values freedom, and justice. Overall, Amnesia has a good moral sense but is often misunderstood unfortunately! It is difficult for her to work in a team or have friends, she isn't exactly very GOOD with others.

brief-ish backstory? I tried

A little while after Amnesia was born, her mother unfortunately died due to an unknown cause, and her father, pain stricken and driven by grief, went off once Amnesia was able to fend for herself.

Fastforward a couple of years later, and there is a drought. Amnesia dragged along the terrain, her paws aching, sore from the constant scraping of her pads over the beaming, heated, dry, and cracked earth. She noticed a buffalo laying in the shade of a lifeless apaica tree. Hungrily, the lioness dropped into a hunting crouch, creeping towards the figure.

The buffalo turned his head to her. "O-oh my... Please spare me. I am too weak to run from you...."
Amnesia's blank expression shifted into smugness, arrogance, and a look of selfishness.
The buffalo exchanged a glance of bewilderment in reaction.

"And.. what do I get in return for sparing your life?" Amnesia murmured, her tail tip twitching eagerly, hungrily. She spoke again:
"I have to eat, don't you understand? You're the only life I've seen for miles.. don't get me started about water."

"You will get a beautiful token...." Came a reply.
".. and what in god's name would that be?" The lioness scoffed.

The desperate creature revealed a small figure, and Amnesia had to squint to see what it was, as it was exposed to the unbearable light that the sun beamed down onto the earth.
A ball of yarn. Now where did the buffalo get this from?

"It was manmade.." The buffalo whispered.
"Man-made?!" Amnesia cooed. But.. humans were extinct? (Or just a myth! However your comic works regarding humans).. This was quite a valuable prize!
The buffalo nodded. "It's useless otherwise though.. so... come here. Hold it in your paws. Think of the one dearest to you, that you cannot have, and they will arrive."
Amnesia's nose wrinkled. Okay, a special human ball thing. Awesome. But was this old buffalo dude crazy?
For some reason though, she chose to follow along....

• • •

Amnesia had spared that buffalo, and left with the yarn. She had fallen asleep that night, however, what would awake her would be much of a surprise!

Her eyes snapped open, yet immediately dropped with sleep. She sat up, looking down at the area between her front paws, where her yarn was the last time she saw it. Gone. She whipped around, her nose knocking into something. Soft.. fuzzy.. and.. in the air?! The ball was floating!! How could this be? Was this yarn really enchanted?

the end, hope it gave you some idea of Amnesia!

fun fact/s?:

- Her magical ball of yarn can turn into weapons to protect her. Amnesia can control this all with her mind, it is spiritually connected to her.
- The yarn is possessed by the spirit of her dead mother
- Amnesia has a fear of water, and canine species (e.g.; hyenas)

ImageImage
╔═════════════════════════╗

draco ♥ entp ♥ she/her ♥ my art
hello there! name’s draco. i’m just a
girl who enjoys drawing cats and also
writing about her characters.
i’m a pretty patient and eccentric
person who just wants to have a
good time, so don’t be afraid to
chat with me!

╚═════════════════════════╝
ImageImage

ImageImage

draco.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ambivalent » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:23 pm

RosenRen wrote:
Rosenren's Design Entree

simple reference

a bit more crammed reference

name suggestions; Amnesia, maybe? I don't know it's up to you but if you pick this design and need help with a name just let me know and I'll help ya

species: Lioness

zodiac sign: sagitarrius!! (I'm obsessed with zodiacs so I just had to include it)

mutations?: Oddly colored eyes, and a dash of piebald!

personality: Amnesia is quite a trickster, and very condescending. She does whatever she can to achieve a goal or get what she wants, though she claims that she only does so for morally correct reasons. On the other hand, the lioness is very emotional and trusts easily (though, ironically, others find it hard to trust HER). Some dislike Amnesia because in their eyes she tends to be a little "problematic" but in reality she is just very blunt with her opinions. She values freedom, and justice. Overall, Amnesia has a good moral sense but is often misunderstood unfortunately! It is difficult for her to work in a team or have friends, she isn't exactly very GOOD with others.

brief-ish backstory? I tried

A little while after Amnesia was born, her mother unfortunately died due to an unknown cause, and her father, pain stricken and driven by grief, went off once Amnesia was able to fend for herself.

Fastforward a couple of years later, and there is a drought. Amnesia dragged along the terrain, her paws aching, sore from the constant scraping of her pads over the beaming, heated, dry, and cracked earth. She noticed a buffalo laying in the shade of a lifeless apaica tree. Hungrily, the lioness dropped into a hunting crouch, creeping towards the figure.

The buffalo turned his head to her. "O-oh my... Please spare me. I am too weak to run from you...."
Amnesia's blank expression shifted into smugness, arrogance, and a look of selfishness.
The buffalo exchanged a glance of bewilderment in reaction.

"And.. what do I get in return for sparing your life?" Amnesia murmured, her tail tip twitching eagerly, hungrily. She spoke again:
"I have to eat, don't you understand? You're the only life I've seen for miles.. don't get me started about water."

"You will get a beautiful token...." Came a reply.
".. and what in god's name would that be?" The lioness scoffed.

The desperate creature revealed a small figure, and Amnesia had to squint to see what it was, as it was exposed to the unbearable light that the sun beamed down onto the earth.
A ball of yarn. Now where did the buffalo get this from?

"It was manmade.." The buffalo whispered.
"Man-made?!" Amnesia cooed. But.. humans were extinct? (Or just a myth! However your comic works regarding humans).. This was quite a valuable prize!
The buffalo nodded. "It's useless otherwise though.. so... come here. Hold it in your paws. Think of the one dearest to you, that you cannot have, and they will arrive."
Amnesia's nose wrinkled. Okay, a special human ball thing. Awesome. But was this old buffalo dude crazy?
For some reason though, she chose to follow along....

• • •

Amnesia had spared that buffalo, and left with the yarn. She had fallen asleep that night, however, what would awake her would be much of a surprise!

Her eyes snapped open, yet immediately dropped with sleep. She sat up, looking down at the area between her front paws, where her yarn was the last time she saw it. Gone. She whipped around, her nose knocking into something. Soft.. fuzzy.. and.. in the air?! The ball was floating!! How could this be? Was this yarn really enchanted?

the end, hope it gave you some idea of Amnesia!

fun fact/s?:

- Her magical ball of yarn can turn into weapons to protect her. Amnesia can control this all with her mind, it is spiritually connected to her.
- The yarn is possessed by the spirit of her dead mother
- Amnesia has a fear of water, and canine species (e.g.; hyenas)

AHHHHH!! THIS IS AWESOME!
its time for judging now! it should be up in 30 or less minutes.
ImageImageImage
ambivalent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby draco. » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:31 pm

ambivalent wrote:AHHHHH!! THIS IS AWESOME!
its time for judging now! it should be up in 30 or less minutes.

Thanks omg and oh my gosh I can't wait heck

ImageImage
╔═════════════════════════╗

draco ♥ entp ♥ she/her ♥ my art
hello there! name’s draco. i’m just a
girl who enjoys drawing cats and also
writing about her characters.
i’m a pretty patient and eccentric
person who just wants to have a
good time, so don’t be afraid to
chat with me!

╚═════════════════════════╝
ImageImage

ImageImage

draco.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Make me an OC, WIN DOGTAG, C$, AND MORE *JUDGING*

Postby ~Kokichi~ » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:47 pm

(i changed my username i was proscuitto)
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░
░░░

♪ 止まないワルツと世界の果てまで ずっと一緒さ♪

Hi I kin that's all u need to know. run now please,

I like enstars and enstars and esnats and bandori
too lazy to change images ♡

・゚
:

・゚

・゚
:

・゚

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
♪ 溶けてゆく硝子にも映そう 永遠に消えはしない愛を ♪

~ Socal ~ Cancer ~ 6/30 ~ Cosplayer ~
~Kokichi~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Make me an OC, WIN DOGTAG, C$, AND MORE *JUDGING*

Postby ambivalent » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:49 pm

OK...... HERE ARE THE WINNERS!!
Please note that if you placed 1st through 3rd, (including runner up) I will be keeping the characters and I will use them in my story.
drum roll please.....

Runner-up:

I didn't put this in my prize list, but from all the unexpected entries, I had to put this in.

Shadowthekitty! I loved the eye design in the character and the magic power they have. Congrats! I'll send you a trade with your runner-up prize which is some rare pets ^^

3rd Place:
Vee Maxima!

I really loved the monkey, I've wanted a monkey character for awhile, and the one you made for me is SUPER CUTE. I also like how you added a little list of their dislikes and likes. I actually needed a monkey design for a character I never got to design in Ambivalence (my comic), so this will fill the role perfectly! I will send you the pets in a trade in a bit!

2nd Place:

Okay, so this was VERY VERY close with the first place winner, but the 2nd place winner is......

RosenRen!

Now, with your character you made for me, it's the opposite situation than the monkey. I have a main character, who is a lion, and I had her powers and role and design down, but I didn't have a fleshed out backstory, name, or personality. Although I have a lion design already, I'd probably merge these two, but the design you made for me is really cute! And it was very impressive since it was done last minute. Since it was REALLY close, I will add on a very rare pet along with your prize.

1ST PLACE:

IT'S

myth + destiny! congrats!

Oh man, this was really close. But the sheer amount of work you put into these guys is amazing. I LOVE how you made me an entire group of characters. I usually don't like getting mass entries, but these were very VERY well done. In addition, you made them species that are pretty not well-known, which was a booster. I also enjoyed how you wrote about how the group interacts, their names, and roles.

Thank you so much for entering everyone! Everyone who did not place can keep their ocs, or choose to give them to me <;
ImageImageImage
ambivalent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me