Write your own Fairy Tale!

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Re: Write your own Fairy Tale!

Postby Aliria » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:24 am

Here's my entry! It ended up not having much to do with little red riding hood, but you can probably see some similarities.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is that Mom's car?" Jemma asks suddenly.

I look where she's gesturing. She's right, the little blue Ford pulling into the parking lot is either ours or one that looks exactly the same. Odd, Mom never picks us up from school, we've always taken the bus home.

"Yeah, looks like it," I say. The two of us extricate ourselves from the cluster of kids waiting for the bus, and walk to the car. Mom is sitting in the front seat, and gestures for us to get in. We do, Jemma in the front and me in the back next to our younger brother, Benson.

I can't see Mom's face well from my seat, but she seems frazzled. She doesn't say anything to us when we get in, simply drives off as soon as our doors are closed. My seat belt isn't quite buckled, and I scramble for a moment trying to get it in place before we leave the parking lot.

"Where are we going?" asks Jemma, sounding as confused as I feel.

She doesn't respond.

"Benny, you have any idea?" I ask Benson.

"Dunno," he responds.

I stare out the window, trying to figure out where we're going. My mental map of the city isn't very good though, so I really have no idea. What I can tell is that Mom's not driving safely. She's definitely going over the speed limit, and has run several red lights. Several other cars on the road honk at us, but luckily I don't see any police cars around to pull us over.

It's only a few minutes later when the car turns into a parking lot. I see where we are, and things start to make a little more sense. The city hospital.

I immediately panic. Did something bad happen to Dad? To Grandma? And what happened? It's only been three years since Grandpa died, something bad shouldn't be allowed to happen so soon! I know my logic there is flawed, but I'm too worried to care.

Mom gets out of the car, which I notice is parked halfway between two spaces. She says nothing to us, but we all follow her anyway. Dad is in the waiting room, which calms me down a little, but not much.

Mom tells Benson to go to Dad, the first thing I've heard her say all afternoon. She sits down on a bench in the waiting room and gestures for Jemma and me to join her. She sits for a moment, then takes a deep breath and begins to explain.

"Grandma had a stroke."

"Oh my god!" yells Jemma immediately. It's about what I'm thinking too, but I stay silent. Nothing I could say can change the awful facts.

Mom continues. "She's having surgery now. She should survive, but there's going to be major brain damage."

"Oh my god," Jemma repeats, more quietly this time.

"How long will the surgery take?" I finally ask, trying to keep a calm steady tone, despite the speed my heart and mind are racing.

"I don't know," Mom says, after a short pause. "It could be a while."

We walk over to Dad and Benson, and sit by them. Benson seems to have some idea what's going on, so I assume Dad explained everything to him in a way an eight-year-old can understand.

We sit. And wait. And wait. And wait. Eventually I get out my phone and start playing games on it, but I can't focus on anything and keep losing, so I put it away again.

Finally, it's eight o'clock. Mom wants to stay at the hospital, and Dad volunteers to take the rest of us home. We get in the car and drive home. The car is silent.

When we arrive home, I simply go to bed. It's long past dinnertime and I haven't eaten, but I'm not hungry in the slightest. I can't sleep, though I feel exhausted.

Not long past two thirty in the morning, I think of something.

I get out of bed, turn on the lights, and open my closet. On a hanger towards the back is what I was looking for.

For my thirteenth birthday, Grandma gave me a hoodie. It was far too big for me and a disgusting shade of burgundy, but I felt bad about getting rid of it. It's lived in the back of my closet since.

The color isn't as bad as I remembered. When I put the hoodie on, it fits perfectly. Wearing the red hoodie, I crawl back into bed, and finally fall asleep.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:24 am

. . . . I think I'm gonna end it, 'cause no one else has entered their story that I know of. If anyone has any stories for this - then you can send them to me later and I will work that into the prize-giving-dynamic!
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:35 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *scream continues ad infinitum*
*chokes*

I sorry I didn't get to this sooner, but, y'know . . . . I have a brain that doesn't like remembering things that aren't right in front of me. So, uh, I can't do any fancy fonts, but here we go (also, kind of keep in mind here that these were done by eenie-meenie-miny-mo, so it was kind of random who got first place)!

First place; Aliria

Second place; Shownkindness

I'll send the trades as soon as i can, and I'll try to make them pets/items from you guys' wishilists! :D
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:08 am

Snow White

From Germany

Sentence Competition;
“Wherever I am, I lick, and then things look better.”

Off we go again! Oh, what's the date? Let's see - these two will run from 11/4 to 11/11, American Mountain Standard Time. I didn't get a brain fart and confuse the dates this time! Have fun everybody! :D
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:41 pm

Bump!
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iamaloyalllama » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:46 am

I'll enter next week
Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
iamaloyalllama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:38 am

Bump!
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:13 am

nngmfwa

Hey I ain't dead *strikes pose* anyway, so yeah. Next thingie!

Peter Pan

from Scotland. Found on the internet

"Your spider plant needs watering. By the way, did you ever get around to naming it?"

I know Peter Pan isn't technically a fairy tale, but I really love it so I'm counting it *shrugs* The sentence is something I came up with, because I have a spider plant myself (really there's two in the pot, but you can't tell unless you squint). Their names are Tigger and Parker. Contest ends 3/14 Mountain standard time. Have fun!
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:02 pm

I would like to, but I've got so much going on atm! I don't think it's gonna be possible, sorry /:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me