Hester's little friends - collection of faves

Make a topic here to show us a collection of your favorite pets from CS or other websites

Hester's little friends - collection of faves

Postby Moiraine » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:03 am

So I think this is the correct place for this? I've wanted for years to make a thread about some of my favourite CS pets, explaining their stories or where I got them or why I adopted them or anything - mostly just for my own reference - so I hope I'm understanding correctly and this is what this forum is for!

Adding some friends ASAP!

btw: posting is fine. encouraged, even. tell me what you like or don't like or whatever, I will welcome it
Last edited by Moiraine on Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

.Hester.
she/her, too old for all this, autistic

And don't you give up on me
As I dive into the dark
Slip into the endless sea
Don't you give up on me
Are you swimming in the stars?
Breathing in eternity
Don't you give up on me
Moiraine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Georgia, the icon

Postby Moiraine » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:07 am

I obviously have to start with Georgia.

Pet's name: Georgia

I adopted Georgia from the pound on September 9th, 2009. This was in the days when you could see all the pages of the pound and could simply click the highest number to get the oldest pets, but I don't think I even knew to do that back then, I had just joined CS. I found this pet in the pound and adopted her and was super happy to have a cool new pet that I hadn't seen in the monthly adopts!

I named my new pet Georgia, and she was the first pet whose design I fell in love with. I have thousands and thousands of pets across 13 years now, but Georgia has always had a special place in my heart!
Last edited by Moiraine on Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moiraine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

number 1 dreamie 4eva

Postby Moiraine » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:12 am

I see a lot of talk about dreamies, but I've only ever had one dream pet in my CS career: the red Shima wolf. I had it as an off-site adopt when I hadn't even created a CS account yet in 2009, and then when I made my account, I was desperate to have one that was 'mine'.

I traded for one in July 2010. Since then, I've never had a dreamie- I have her already!

Pet's name: Gillian

I named her Gillian, which I felt was a very good wolf name somehow, and I've been enjoying her ever since.
Moiraine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Oh hello, you

Postby Moiraine » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:40 am

Like Georgia, this one is a pound pet I got early on and always felt fond of.

In those days, not every pet in the pound had a name automatically- in fact, I remember most of them seemed not to. So when I adopted this one, she was unusual in that she already had a name, but even more so that the name was 'Hello you'. I thought it was so odd and funny that she always stood out to me for her name.

Pet's name: Hello you
Moiraine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Wait you're not Georgia

Postby Moiraine » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:49 am

The Christmas shortly after I adopted Georgia, some lions were released. Alexandra was one of them.

Pet's name: Alexandra

Of course, I was very taken with her because she resembled Georgia very strongly. What do you think- long lost sisters or no?
Moiraine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Buck and his family

Postby Moiraine » Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:40 am

As with Gillian, I had a boar PPS off-site, and wanted another. I eventually traded for Buck.

Pet's name: ℬυcк

I never changed the special character in his name, hah. I also look at the trade I sent like "well that was the mother of all overpay wasn't it" BUT I got my boar PPS so it's ok!

I eventually picked up a grown up one at Christmas that year, and eventually I would pick up two more, which I never traded. I consider these to be Buck's sisters (one younger, two older)

Pet's name: Alia

Pet's name: Quietus

Pet's name: Lily Mae
Moiraine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Three Musketeers

Postby Moiraine » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:24 am

On the month I joined, I adopted these pets. I didn't even adopt the full amount of pets possible because I didn't know to do that yet (when it says 'adopt 3, adopt 5, adopt 10' etc, I just went one at a time and only got a few. bless.)

These are those pets. I named them Hrairoo, Hlao-roo and Mothra. I've always felt fondly about them and they're like a little set- they go together!

Image Image Image
Pet's name: Hrairoo - Pet's name: Hlao-Roo - Pet's name: Mothra
Moiraine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

It was always you, Helen

Postby Moiraine » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:21 am

will i get shouted at for a horror film reference in the title

I traded for this girl on Christmas in 2009. She was my first store pet, I believe, and definitely one of the coolest. When the rarities changed, I was thrilled to see my little Helen become an OMGSR!

Helen has always been one of my favourite pets, one of the leaders of the pack, along with Georgia and Gillian and Amelia (she'll come in a later post)

Pet's name: Helen
Moiraine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me