[WIP] Fishy Collections

Make a topic here to show us a collection of your favorite pets from CS or other websites

[WIP] Fishy Collections

Postby Palimpsest » Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:45 pm

Merthey
Non-aquatic pets with their finest fins & scales.

0/12

0/23

1/19

1/1

1/14
Palimpsest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [WIP] Fishy Collections

Postby Palimpsest » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:18 pm

Monthly Pet Collections

Collection Group
542/555 Collected

2015 was the year before I joined CS, and the first collection I tried to complete without adopting any of the pets myself. I decided to collect this year because I fondly remember visiting the pound when I first joined and seeing all of these 2015 pets that were (unbeknownst to me) fairly recently released, and thinking they were the best things ever. Collecting certain sets became a quiet goal, almost entirely through pound adoptions, because I didn't do much trading - and when I did, I didn't have much to offer.

I officially picked up this collection again when I returned to CS in 2022 and started actively trading to complete collections. 2015 & 2019 were the first two collections I added after I finished my original 2016-2018 pets.

January
Missing

February
Missing

March
Missing
ImageImage

April
Image polka gif

The standout of this month for me was the lion cats. They always stood out to me in the pound because of the text over their heads. The second gen cat/dog litter (cleo and archie) also stood out in the pound, probably because they're a second gen litter of two event pets, but I wasn't drawn to them as much. This month also features a polka dot litter, two of which tormented everyone with their slow growth.
My favorites of this month have to be the foxes, the PPS is so cute and I love the showers to flowers <3 Honestly, that PPS may have been what made me fall in love with the PPS foxes in the first place. The ponies are also understated yet gorgeous.
ImageImage
The other litters are the puppy hamsters (adorable) and the butterfly wolves. I didn't think much of the butterfly wolves until I started collecting again, but I've really grown to love several of them <3
ImageImage

Store Pet, Polka
Collections: Heart, Moon, Pink/Blue, Purple, Storm, Fox, Warm & Cozy, Natural
Pound: 11, Gift: 4 (thanks Snowcenti for the PPS fox <3)

May

June

This June featured several outstanding litters, including the very first chameleon litter, and the first monthly guinea pigs since 2010. There was also an underwater cat litter (with one of the outcomes being bioware themed), a second studio ghibli litter (horses this time), and a third gen litter with the sunback as one of the parents.
I absolutely adore the underwater cats and the ghibli horses - they're the sort of pets that get more stunning the more you look at them. And tiny eel, and tiny cat <3
ImageImage
Similarly, the butterfly wolves are some of my favorites ever - I love how they're the full cycle of a burning log.
Who could forget these pastel cuties? One of them got a second gen litter at the time of writing this, and their babies are just as cozy <3 The black and gold ponies are also lovely to see, especially in a group together.
ImageImage
This month stands out to me as having several stellar ungrown designs, including the 3rd gen pup blankets.
ImageImageImageImage

ghibli, ponyo, Laputa, Kiki, nausicaa&wind rises, 1, 2, 3
sorren eggs, chameleons, 4
3rd gen, underwater, bioshock, ponies
Collections: Heart, Fire, Undersea, Pink/Blue, Red/Purple,
Black/Gold, Moth, Cozy, Natural, Storm
Pound: 5, Gifts: 14

July

This month featured many nature-inspired litters, including bark (tree) dogs, bee-wolves, poison dart frog rats, nebula dogs, constellation horses, flamingo chickens, and sabino ponies. There was also a bright/eye-burner cat litter. I remember the constellation horses as especially catching my eye in the pound when I was younger.
ImageImage
I adore these butterfly wolves <3 The entire litter has gorgeous wings, and the bee patterns translate really beautifully. When I realized there was a whole litter of these butterfly wolves, I was so excited to find them all!
I really love these sabino ponies as well. Unsurprisingly, as they're natural designs from Lillian Nightshade.
ImageImage
These little bob-tailed bark dogs stole my heart <3 Burnt wood really does have a soothing pattern, and I love the little smoky wisps coming off of it. The rainbow eucalyptus was a surprise, and the pattern reminds me of marbled leather artwork I considered making for Hrayek.

2nd Gen. team frog, bright. bark, bee, b1br1,
n2, b3, pony, b4, b2, f1, constellation, v1,
b4, b5, b5, b5, b5, b6, bb, chicken, hb, bbb, tbb, ruby, kb, nebula dogs, h3, h4, cherry, sabino, s1, frog
Collections: Heart, Moon, Natural, Galaxy, Purple/Black, Fire
Pound: 4, Gift: 20 (thanks to Ishola who gifted me a large amount of lovely pets in 2016!)

August
Missing
ImageImageImageImageImage

September
Missing
ImageImage

October

This month featured corvid dogs, crane chickens, natural hamsters, winx club butterfly wolves, 2nd gen splatter-plush cats, fynbos flower ponies, and spooky/starry pups.
ImageImage
This pup stole my heart when I was younger, and still has it. It's just so beautiful <3 Kudos to it's littermates, too, for being so chilly and spooky, but also warm. The corvid dog is here because who can deny those eyes?
I found some of this 2nd gen's littermates in the pound in 2016 and, as I've always loved patchwork pets, I adopted them - little did I know this lovely outcome was waiting for me when I returned! I think it's my favorite of the litter.
I've always had a soft spot for cranes, and I even picked this one up from the pound in 2016 - so somehow even then the design was calling to me. I'd love some actual crane pets to go with them <3 I really love this month's pets.

2nd gen, ghostie, Craneballoon ship, butterflix, fynbos
Collections: Natural, Galaxy, Plushie
Pound: 7, Gift: 12

November

December

December was a pretty quiet month, likely due to the advent calendar. There was a heterochromia dog litter, natural coated draft horses, sunset cats, 2nd gen bunnies, and squiggle butterfly wolves. My favorite litter surprisingly turned out to be the rats - I love them when put together <3. Just seeing them in the pound made it hard to realize that.
ImageImageImage
Putting them together like a comic book is so unique too! I wish more pets did that, so I could make a group of them <3
This was also the first month of 2015 I started collecting, and I fondly remember tracking down the butterfly rat and the bunnies ^^

2nd gen, dressup, animal egg dressup
Collections: purple/black, fire, moth, moon, comic/cozy
Last edited by Palimpsest on Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Palimpsest

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [WIP] Fishy Collections

Postby Palimpsest » Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:40 am

January

This month we had a doodle bear inspired pony litter, a Malta inspired cat litter, eel snakes, tarot card butterfly wolves, and marwari 2nd gens. I adore the 2nd gens this month, and it was such a surprise seeing this one grow up so fast.
ImageImage
I also love this pup, especially the half a sun face. It really reminds me of Hrayek <3
ImageImage
Most fennec foxes hit the mark with me, and this one is so warm and cozy. These January pets make me feel very content.
I can't resist the zebra stripes.

2nd Gen, Marwari, Tarot, T1, ponies, T2, T3, Malta, M, eeeeeels
Collections: Plush, Natural, Zebra, Heart, Moon/Sun

February

This month's litters included botanical diagram rats, ponies with an opal shine, nutmeg butterfly wolves, and koi otters. This month also included pancake day, with blueberry hamsters and, my personal favorite, a flour dusted dog. I really like the otter litter, especially the outcomes with black.
ImageImageImage
I also really loved the dogs this month. I like swirly designs <3 The aurora is very Hrayek themed, and the other pups make me really happy - something about the fragmented colors is calming to me.
ImageImageImage
I also love the macaw from this month - the wings make me happy <3

store pets, botanical diagrams, grape hyacinth, BlueHeart Dog, Natural/Opal Shine Ponies, Nutmeg Pods, Koi, Poppy/Yellow Daisy, this is cool & very hrayek
Collections: Black/Red, Pink, Aurora

March

This month we got duck dogs, mushroom ponies, ball hamsters, our first second gen snake litter, rain themed horses, spring chickens, and fossil cats. I enjoyed several of these litters - the 2nd gen snakes and the spring chickens were especially pretty. The favorite, however, has to be the rain litter.
ImageImage
I also really loved the deer & dog litter this month. I love their balance of colors, and the darker outcomes.
ImageImageImage
Overall this month was very rainy, splashy, and calm <3

2nd Gen, Spring Chickens, Mushroom Ponies
Collections: Cozy, Deer, Purple/Black

April
source

Happy April fools! This April we got googly eyes! As well as lions for a monthly adopt. One user noted that all the adult lions can be lined up so their tails/heads form a gradient. We also got a litter of similar gradient ponies, a litter of butterfly wolf moths/butterflies, and a litter of copper wire and stone sculpture deer. These deer are some of my favorite pets, wire sculptures are gorgeous and I'd love to try making one.
ImageImage
I adore these lions, especially the PPS <3
ImageImage
And of course I love this whole litter of butterfly wolves, if every moth/butterfly/bee got a butterfly wolf design I'd be the happiest person. It's also our first wooly caterpillar lines! Honestly, I think more of the caterpillars should have been PPS, they're lovely designs and I've always found them fascinating. While the caterpillar got a lot of love, I also want to note that the wing edits on all the bwolves in this litter are amazing <3
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

wire sculptures, feldspar, gradient, moths, hold the lion. stones, gradient
(april fools&anniversary) 2nd gen, normal one, merle
Collections: silly/cozy, natural/moth

May

This month we got mad science experiment dogs (partially inspired by the fast-growing 2nd gen horse in January), coonhound deer, the first ever dwarf hamster 2nd gen litter, dreamcore/weirdcore draft horses, and ball python morphs (on snake lines). We also got aquarium ponies, very cute <3 My favorite litter this month would have to be these kitties, every outcome is gorgeous, but I like these the most. It captures what attracts me about the sun on water.
ImageImage
For endangered species(?) day, we got a litter based off of each category of the IUCN redlist - extinct (dragons), extinct in the wild (horses), critically endangered (snakes), endangered (foxes), vulnerable (deer), least concern (dogs), and near threatened (cats) - all incredible litters made by FleshCanvas! The extinct in the wild Scimitar Oryx is one of my favorites, the design translated really well (pictured here with a good boy otter).
ImageImage
I also adored the african wild dog (endangered), the zebra (near threatened), and the splendid poison frog (extinct).
ImageImageImage
An emotional month, to be sure <3

2nd Gen, hammies, ball pythons, tide pod, dreamcore/weirdcore, morphs, species list, coonhound, mad science experiment, shrimp
Collections: zebra, poison frog, natural, skyline/ocean

June

June was a big month! Not only was it pride month, with many different associated litters, but we also had pets for world oceans day. In addition to these themed litters, there were fracture foxes, bright plaid ponies, greyscale dogs, sumi-e horses, fruit dove macaws, and a sceond gen litter with one of the parents being a favorite dog. We also, of course, had a salmon squad (general helper) litter! These would have to be my picks from the monthly litters, mostly cause they just vibe, but a little because the PPS fox lineart is perfect. Shoutout to the GH cat for sneaking it's way on even though the palette for the litter as a whole doesn't vibe much with me.
ImageImageImageImage
But what I adored about this month was the ocean pets <3 The narwhal is my absolute favorite, but I love these other critters as well <3 Sea snake = best pet on cs.
ImageImageImageImage
I also love these pride mice so much, they're so so cute <3
ImageImageImage

Gender Identity Pride Ponies, Rat/Mouse Flags, Pride Pets List (previous years), 2nd gen chickens, bigender chicken, aroace chicken, sea lion lion, best pet, more chickens, ocean critters list, MLM chicken, greyscale, sumi-e, bright plaid, 2nd gens, macaws & hamsters, fracture foxes
Collections: Natural, Red/Orange/Black

July

This month we got paint by number ponies, second gen eastern dragons, clown dogs, and deer inspired by the good place. It was a pretty quiet month, likely given summer event. I loved the deer before I watched the good place this month (which I also enjoyed).
ImageImageImage
I also loved the dragonfruit/starry dragons <3 I kind of wish they were all still curled up PPS, but especially the smiley face! The world needs more eastern dragons.
ImageImageImage
The horses this month were also really lovely, with their swirls of color.

2nd gen, horses, Cosmic Ride Deer

August
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

September
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

October
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

November
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Palimpsest

My pets
My items