๐Ÿžฎ friday's collection // ๐Ÿ“ผ๐Ÿ“ž๐Ÿ”ช (wip/dnp)

Make a topic here to show us a collection of your favorite pets from CS or other websites

sign my guestbook!

แฆธแฆธแฆธแฆธแฆธ ๐Ÿ–‰
75%
( i know it says dnp, but I thought having a little guestbook would be a fun way to say hi, if you'd like! )
25%

Total votes : 8

๐Ÿžฎ friday's collection // ๐Ÿ“ผ๐Ÿ“ž๐Ÿ”ช (wip/dnp)

Postby guroboss » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:01 am

hey! I'm Friday, and I'm an older user that poofs in and out a lot. when
first started playing, I named /all/ of my pets, mostly nonsense names,
and sometimes after users with funny-sounding usernames from another
forum petsite I used to play on.

while I don't aim to be sweaty and complete my collection (though I still
try to pick up missed outcomes), I've made it my goal to give individual
names to all the pets in my collection! I've done similar things in other
games (all my Pokemon in PoGo and the mainline games are named), but
this is the largest task I've taken on so far!

for me it is relaxing and a really fun way to engage with the site/trading!
this is mostly to track my personal progress as I work my way through my
collection, but also a convenient way to keep track of names I've already
used.

I don't expect many people to go through this, but if you're reading this,
and you're not me, glad to have you for the ride!

โ‹ฏโ‹ฏโ‹ฏโ‹ฏโ‹ฏโ‹ฏโ‹ฏโ‹ฏโ‹ฏโ‹ฏโ‹ฏโ‹ฏโ‹ฏโ‹ฏ
milestones!
feb 21, 2023 ) start!
apr 16, 2023) 500 pets!
aug 27, 2023) 750 pets!
current count!

( 847 pets! )
Last edited by guroboss on Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:30 am, edited 12 times in total.
guroboss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐Ÿžฎ self-imposed guidelines ๐Ÿ“ผ๐Ÿ“ž๐Ÿ”ช

Postby guroboss » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:31 am

in order to "simplify" the way I'm keeping track of names, I've created some self-imposed guidelines/"rules"/strategies for coming up with/archiving names, though there's not that many. this is for myself bc I'm super forgetful, but if you ever find yourself naming thousands of pets, these could help you out.

๐Ÿžฎ usually, all the names will be put in lower-case, to help distinguish from pets that may have been named with the site's name generator (these usually start with a capital letter).

๐Ÿžฎ unless I'm placing a pet in dress-up or they are very, very special to me, names won't include any special fonts or symbols. when I archive and link them, pets with special fonts/symbols in their names will be listed in the site's normal font and with no symbols. this helps me quickly look them up, and prevents the name from being unreadable in the archive if I'm on another device.

๐Ÿžฎ as an extension of the above rule, having an emoji next to the pet's name is indicative of a special group that they're in outside of a normal collection group, i.e. my hoards, which often have different naming rules. for example, my lisa frank themed hoard all have the names of lisa frank characters, and my slowdive-themed hoard all have names of slowdive songs :]

(I also do this, because out of the context of their themes, a lot of them sound pretty weird ngl, and while I'm ok with people knowing that I'm crazy on the level of naming thousands of pixel pets and archiving them, I'm not crazy on the level of spontaneously naming my pets 'the sadman')

๐Ÿžฎ no two pets will have the same name (unless it's related to an OC/sona). while I'll try to avoid different spellings of the same name, I may very rarely do it if I'm making a pun/joke with the name.

๐Ÿžฎ names will usually be based on real words/names/characters, I usually won't make pick a name that doesn't exist/doesn't mean anything just for the sound.

๐Ÿžฎ only pets outside my trading groups will be named. some of my existing collection groups have passed 1,000 pets and looking at my trade group... that thing, it scares me.

๐Ÿžฎ strategy-wise, I've been trying to name pets I get from trades/events right away and then working backwards through my collection. this is just so it's fewer names at a time and so I don't add a ton more un-named pets to my groups. I don't do this with monthly growths atm, which is a huge mistake

guroboss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐Ÿžฎ running list (a-l) ๐Ÿ“ผ๐Ÿ“ž๐Ÿ”ช

Postby guroboss » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:27 am

Last edited by guroboss on Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:31 am, edited 49 times in total.
guroboss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐Ÿžฎ running list (m-z) ๐Ÿ“ผ๐Ÿ“ž๐Ÿ”ช

Postby guroboss » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:01 pm

Last edited by guroboss on Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:31 am, edited 24 times in total.
guroboss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐Ÿžฎ milestone: number 500! // ๐Ÿ“ผ๐Ÿ“ž๐Ÿ”ช

Postby guroboss » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:26 pm

yay! we reached pet number 500! I haven't been posting every single group of pets I've named, since that would be a handful of pets on some days and massive lists on the other, but this is a fun milestone I'd like to celebrate! might do a special dressup for them eventually to commemorate, but this is pet 500, dรบlaman!

they're named after the song because endless ocean blue world has a very special place in my heart, and it fit their design very well imo :]
Last edited by guroboss on Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guroboss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐Ÿžฎ milestone: number 750! // ๐Ÿ“ผ๐Ÿ“ž๐Ÿ”ช

Postby guroboss » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:08 pm

pet 750! I had a lot of pets named before I initially decided to name /all/ my pets, so this milestone took slightly longer, but here we are! may work on a dressup for them as well, but pet 750: revenant!

updated the top post as well, and I'm currently working on a spreadsheet of some details about they pets I've named so far! I love weird little stats, so I may end up crunching some stuff about lines, events, etc.! slow going, but we'll see :]
guroboss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐Ÿžฎ milestone: a little goofy // ๐Ÿ“ผ๐Ÿ“ž๐Ÿ”ช

Postby guroboss » Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:43 am

officially ran out of characters on the first running list post, so I had to split it into 2 posts! (แ•‘๏น†แ—ข๏น†แ“ซ)
    now I just have to format everything and make it look nice lol
guroboss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me