Stuff I Like™ (DNP, just a journal)

Make a topic here to show us a collection of your favorite pets from CS or other websites

howdy!

howdy!
17%
hi!
23%
hello!
10%
greetings!
10%
hey!
7%
yo!
10%
sup!
10%
hi there!
7%
hello there!
7%

Total votes : 30

Re: Stuff I Like™ (DNP, just a journal)

Postby theunexpectedmango » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:02 pm

IT'S EASTER AGAIN Y'ALL
I think this might be my favorite event of the year.

It's Celebi!! I love this little guy.

theunexpectedmango

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theunexpectedmango » Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:04 pm

My First Summer Event (Camp Smoothie)

Image Image Image Image Image

okay but these seriously made me go feral on sight.

I'm not sure whether I want to hoard them, since they'll likely be harder to get (uncommon/rare), but oh my LORD are these some of my favorite pets of the year, no questions asked.
Last edited by theunexpectedmango on Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theunexpectedmango

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theunexpectedmango » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:45 pm

This has been on my mind for a few months now...

Why are there not just a whole bunch of PPS cocoons? There's so many designs!! I would honestly hoard one of each!! They look like little jelly beans!! So here's a list of them that I wish were PPS. I'm only choosing monthly litters where the cocoon was the same art for all the grown outcomes (otherwise I'd have so many images).

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

The further into the archives I got, the more devastated I became. I wish I could collect them.

Please join me in a moment of silence as I mourn what never was.
theunexpectedmango

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theunexpectedmango » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:29 pm

A nice milestone

This Halloween event I did a lot of event and non-event trading, and I've now reached a point that I feel comfortable gifting people randomly. If I see commons and down from my doubles group on someone's WL, even if I don't see another fair trade, I've started gifting them out. It feels really nice to do, even if it isn't anything high value.
theunexpectedmango

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theunexpectedmango » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:42 pm

I finished the 2020 event pets!

And I didn't feel as big a bang as when I finished the 2021 event pets!!

I feel that I've started playing a little differently. I'm paying less attention to the full collection goal, and more on things like my Animal Egg collection (which I'm only missing 5 of now) or which pets I want to keep a few extra of from the most recent event or month. I also reached the point where the pets I'm acquiring from the recent events/months won't trade for the pets from four years earlier, so I'm selling them for C$ or giving them away. All this makes for a very different trading experience, which isn't bad!

I'm going to keep aiming for a full collection, but I might make more side quests along the way, like small themed collections or item showcases. This thread is going to have less posts about the whole year, like the first page, and more posts about specific pets or events I really like!

To celebrate a more casual approach, here's the first dressups I've done besides my mascot and the egg showcase!
ImageImage

theunexpectedmango

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theunexpectedmango » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:05 pm

Advent 2023 pets got rarities!

And wow, none of them were rare!! I think that's the first time an event has finished, and I didn't have any extra rares to trade at the end. I went to check Advent 2022, and none of those were rare either, despite me remembering that there were some.

I think this might be due to a combination of high player traffic and the rarity overhaul last year. I'm still happy, since I have plenty of new uncommons to trade, but this is definitely another hallmark of my collection progress slowing down.

Some good news is a few horse linearts I really liked from Hanukkah and December will be really easy to hoard!!
ImageImage
theunexpectedmango

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theunexpectedmango » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:01 am

I want to find a pet to match a pet I had!

I'm going to find a pet that looks like my old cat, Wilhelmina.

She was my family's cat, and lived to be a whopping 21 before she passed a few years ago. She was there the whole time I was a kid, so whenever anyone asks if I have a pet (which I currently don't), I think of her! So I think it's appropriate to find her lookalike here, if I can.

I got halfway through the archives making a list of calico cat lookalikes, until another helpful player pointed me toward this recently formed thread to help players find realistic cats! I'll definitely be watching it with great interest, I love archiving/cataloging projects like that, and was considering doing something similar for Pink Balloon or Yellow Toxic lookalikes (for my Animal Egg showcase).

I think this is the one I'll try to get! It's not exact, since calicos all have such varying patterns, but it's pretty close!
theunexpectedmango

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me